School Rumble: The Festival (part 1)

Stupid CUPID!

 

                                                                           Featured song: I love You by Akdong Musician

                                                          + San E's (산이)  Story of someone I know(아는사람 얘기)가사 

 

                                              


FLASHBACK~ 

"So, who's the next person we need to help?" a sophisticated yet alienated man named Suho asked the ten other men who were sitting with him on the edge of a rooftop  one morning.

"That girl? She looks really sad, eating her lunch alone at that restaurant," Chanyeol replied; a tall man who was acting like a big brother.

They turned to the girl and observed her. Tao shook his head, "I don't think so. Look. She looks like she's waiting for someone." And the muscular guy was right. A guy sat in front of the girl and they started to have a fun conversation.

"What about that guy?" Xiumin asked while munching his pizza. A guy was standing in front of a food stall, looking all weary and troubled.  "He looks lonely," he added.

"He doesn't look that desperate," Suho replied.

They were searching for hours to find the right person for them to help until Kai, a grumpy-looking guy, pointed a person who was walking in the street with his head bowed down and a mask on his face. "That...guy? or girl?"

"A guy who looks like a girl," Sehun replied, hovering on top of the other men, like Peter Pan.

They nodded. 

Chanyeol turned to Kai and asked, "Why him?"

The grumpy man just shrugged. "Just because."

"That's convincing," a man wearing thick-framed glasses retorted. He fixed his glasses to see the guy clearly," Well... he looks like he's ---very lonely."

Baekhyun, a jolly man, put his hand on his chest to feel his heart, "Do you feel it? I can sense his desolation."

The rest nodded. Chen, a man wearing huge headphones added,"Yes. I can hear a sad symphony just by looking at him..."

"So..." Kai stood up. "He's the one. You better go and check on him," he said to the rest. 

Chanyeol decided to approach the guy in the friendliest way possible. However, he doesn't even want to lift his head up to see other people. He was fidgetting and prefered to avoid everyone. When Suho was about to talk to him, he began running away. Baekhyun also decided to have a short conversation and make friends with him but failed. The guy would just shut his eyes and walk off. hey did their best to befriend the lonely guy but with no avail. Ten gorgeous men were trying to catch his attention but he didn't even have an eye-contact with one of them.

"Ahhhhh difficult," Kris, a sassy and madly attractive man, scratched his head. "How can we help him if we can't even get near him?"

Chanyeol turned to Kai, "Kai... you chose him. Do something."

The grumpy-looking guy tried his luck to talk to the lonely guy but like the rest, he can't even get closer to him.

"Hey!" he uttered, losing his patience. "I just want to talk to you!" He yelled while chasing after him in the busy street. 

"Ddd-ddon't come---near---me, ss-stayyy away..." the lonely guy mumbled. He was obviously anxious and scared.

They were acting like cats and dogs; Kai was chasing him nonstop until he lost track of the elusive guy.

When he went back to the rest of the guys, Baekhyun whacked his head. "Are you really dumb? You can use your powers."

Chanyeol then whammed Baekhyun's head. "No powers until we can introduce ourselves to him properly."

"What shall we do then?!" Kai scratched his head. "He's so aloof."

One by one, the rest of the guy lefts him. "Hey!!! Where are you going?"

"You chose him, Kai. You have to do your best to get to him," Kris waved goodbye to him.

"Wha----" Kai sighed and rolled his eyes out. "Tsk."

He was desperate to finish his mission and so without listening to Chanyeol, he used his teleportation powers to catch the guy. He saw the latter in a pet shop, looking intently at one of the hamsters. The scaredy guy a while ago changed into an adorable kid who adores the animals around him. He pointed at one of the hamsters and the owner got it for him.

Kai was about to approach him again but remembered that the aloof guy might run away and it'll cause more trouble for the both of them. He was caught unaware and before he knew it, the guy was about to look back. He panicked and planned to teleport... but he ended up somewhere, (or in something) unexpectedly.


University. Dance studio. 5 pm. 2 days before the school festival

"Move your arms like this. Be flexible," Kai instructed Luhan as they rehearsed for the dance number. Sehun was standing behind Lulu, watching carefully. "Hey, watch where you touch Hannie," he called out. 

Kai sighed, wrinkling his forehead, before he shook his head. He was about to step back when he tripped on something. Good thing Luhan pulled his arm. "Be careful!"

The grumpy cupid looked back to see Tao glowered at him.

"You stepped on my foot," Tao uttered in minimal anguish.

"Your fault! You're in the way," Kai replied. "You have your part later. Can't you wait?"

[Baek] *busy taking pictures* Kai, move aside. I can't see Luhannie.

[D.O] Luhan is really doing a good job. If only you're not in the scene, Kai...

[Kai] What? And who will teach him how to dance then?

Kris rose from his seat, "Yours truly."

[B,T,D,K,S] *shook their heads* Nooooooooooo.

Luhan also disagreed. "I don't think so," he murmured. He then left the area momentarily to get his bottled water. Sehun was following him. "Hannie..."

Luhan turned, "What is it?"

"Are you okay with the dancing? I think the steps are too difficult for you," Sehun whispered.

Luhan nodded, "That's the plan. A dance number. I can't do anything. Besides, we have already started."

The youngest cupid was surprised, "Really? I never thought you'd accept it so easily. I mean, knowing you, and dancing with difficult dance moves is very stressful."

"But like what all of you said, you're going to help me out, right?" Luhan replied. "That means [somehow] it'll be okay. All I need is to pass the subject."

"Speaking of passing," Sehun finally sat next to Luhan who was cooling off. "I never thought universities do that."

"The performance? Well yeah." Luhan answered back. "But to be honest, that's the only class that doesn't make sense to me," he laughed. 

Sehun laughed along with him and added, "The exact reason why we didn't attend the class today. We saw the old geezer [prof] at the hallway and he picked on me because of my rainbow hair. And he's supposed to be an ART teacher!" Sehun shook his head while Luhan sprayed his water accidentally. 

Sehun turned to him who was trying stop his laughter, "You're all red!" He helped Luhan to dry himself. "Was that funny to you, Hannie?"

"I don't know. I just had the urge to laugh," Luhan replied. His face was still red in too much laughing. 

"What's wrong with him?" Kris murmured from afar. "What the heezy did Sehun tell him?"  He, Tao, D.O and Baekhyun were eyeing Sehun and Luhan across the room. Meanwhile, Kai disappeared from the area.

At the comfort room~

"Hey! Ouch! Let go!" The grumpy cupid was struggling to escape from Chanyeol's strong arms. 

[Chanyeol]"Why didn't you tell us that you're gonna be students here?! You!" 

[Suho] You could have asked us, Kai. We would like to help Luhannie as well. 

[Kai] Why are you blaming me? What about Kris? It was his idea! awwww! Let go, Chanyeol!

[Chen] A performance, huh? Hmhm.... Why don't we sing? I can sing for Luhannie. 

[Xiumin] Why not a cooking show?

Chanyeol snorted, "Your suggestions. Keep them to yourself, Xiumin." The giant finally let go of Kai who came breathless after the torture.

"We already decided that it's a dance number," Kai asserted. "We will dance together with the rest of the idiots back there. So if I were you, I won't disturb if you want Luhannie to pass in his class."

[Chen] That's so unfair.

Xiumin nodded.

[Suho] We would like to help out. We want to make sure Luhannie will have a great performance.

[Kai] I told you to not get in the---

Chanyeol covered his mouth forcefully, "We will help."


1 day before the festival~ Luhannie's room

Another chaotic scene. Tao and Sehun were pulling each other's hair in the background because the latter tried to sneak in the shower while Luhan was taking a bath. D.O was busy reading Luhan's book while Lay just sleeps on the bed. Kris, seating on the side of the bed, was teasing Xiumin with his lollipop, while Chen and Baekhyun were patiently waiting for their brothers to stop fooling around. Suho and Chanyeol approached Luhan who just finished cleaning up his messy room.

[Luhan] Outfits?

Suho and Chanyeol nodded.

"We will buy some new clothes for your performance," Chen explained further.

[Luhan] But I don't have enough money.

The cupids pointed Suho, who immediately showed his gold credit card.

[Suho] Don't worry. I got you.

[Luhan] But why do I have to get new clothes? I have a couple of jeans and hoodies here.

Kris shook his head, "No hoodies, pretty face. You have to look your best tomorrow."

[Baekhyun] Alright! Off we go! 

Luhan @ the mall~

"That looks perfect on you, Luhannie!" Baekhyun exclaimed before he clicked his camera.

                                                                 

"No. That is much better! So cute!" Sehun clapped his hands in amusement. 

                                                        

[Suho] What about that?

                                                          

Kris sighed, "Your fashion sense is terrible.  There! That's the best." 

 

                                                       

  Tao sighed, "He looks so manly."

[Chanyeol] whacked Tao's head// What do you want him to look like? 

[Baekhyun] Let Luhannie choose.

Luhan looked confused, "I don't know what to choose. I have no idea what looks good on me."

Kai grabbed and dragged him, "Let's pick another one." Before they could take another step, Sehun already clung to Luhan while Baekhyun blocked their way. 

[Kai] Hey! I let you pick your choice. Let me do my part.

He shoved them away. [Kai] Here, Luhannie. 

 

                                  (:

[Baekhyun] Too badass.

[Tao] Too manly. *sobs in the corner

[Chanyeol] Hmhmhm....

[Kris] *sarcastic slow-clapping + face

[Xiumin] ??

[Chen]  Luhannie surely looks hot.

[D.O] O-O

[Suho] I think it's cool.

[Sehun] It's Kai's choice so NO. 

[Lay] *yawns That. 

They all turned to him.

[Lay] He looks good. Girls will surely flock on him. 

Tao and Sehun held each other and gasped for air. 

[Chanyeol] If it makes the love hunt easier then I think it's good. What do you think Suho?

[Suho] Yes. 

The both nodded.

Kai observed from the side while Luhan changed. He was waiting outside the changing area. "Luhan?" He called out from the other side of the door.

"Yes?" Luhan replied faintly.

[Kai] "Are you comfortable with the outfit?"

[Luhan] No, I'm not. It's my first time wearing those kinds of clothes. But I'll manage. It's for the performance after all.

[Kai] ......

..... If you say so. 

He then left the area to join his brothers.


The SCHOOL FESTIVAL. Morning~

Luhan and the cupids were walking in the hallway. Students were staring at them from head to toe.

"The performance is at 2 in the afternoon," Luhan told Kai who was walking beside him. The latter nodded.

[Luhan] What about the rest? We still have time to roam around. Where would you want to go? 

[Xiumin] Cafeteria. I heard there are free food!

Luhan nodded.

[Baekhyun] But before that, I think it's better for you to change to your outfit now, Luhannie. 

[Luhan] Why? It's too early

Baekhyun leaned closer to him, "For the love hunt." He winked before grabbing Luhan by the shoulder. "Let's go!"

Luhan then changed to his dance performace outfit. He was fidgetting when they walked out of the school's changing area.

[Luhan] This is quite embarrassing.

Baekhyun shook his head, "That's not true. You look cool. Come on, loosen up."

[D.O] They are looking at you, Luhan. 

The students, both guys and girls, were looking at Luhan. They were murmuring. 

[Is that the weird kid? Ohhhh looks hot! It's Luhan, right? What the hell happened? Oh my God! He looks so handsome.]

After sometime, Luhan and the cupids found themselves surrounded by students.

[Sehun] Pffttt! Go away!

[Suho] It's effective. 

[Kai] Physical attraction.

[Chanyeol] Don't be such a bum, Kai. It's just the first stage and it supposed to happen.

[Kai] Still.....

[Baekhyun] Hey! Don't touch him.

[Kris] Ahhhhh I don't like the crowd. Let's get out of here fast.

[Tao] You're stressing it. 

Time stopped. 

[Tao] That's better.

[Chanyeol] How many times should I tell you that you are not allowed to use your powers!!!!?!!!!!

The angry giant ran after Tao who dashed away.

-to be continued


Author's note: Phew! Finally done. P.S please ignore the errors. xD I tried my best to edit but my eyes are already giving up on me.

Luhannie is starting to feel more comfortable with them. Yey!

Cool and manly Luhan? Do you agree with Kai's choice for Lulu's outfit?

Feel free to leave your comments below. 

:)

(Credits to the owners of the photos.)