Sweet Escape

Stupid CUPID!

 

          

 

Featured song: I Choose to Love You by Hyorin


"You can't be Kimmy..." Luhan crinkled his nose in confusion. He pulled his hand from Kai and scratched his head. "How can that be? You were a hamster? But you're a cupid?"

An amused smile slowly formed on Kai's lips as he watched Luhan think. "He really looks adorable like this," the cupid thought as he observed silently. 

"That means... you were with me for the longest time," Luhan finally uttered.

Kai nodded.

Luhan snorted and raised his scared finger, "And this is your fault."

Kai arched his eyebrows and sported a guilty expression, "You were so annoying back then."

Luhan narrowed his eyelids as the cupid continued. The latter narrated how he turned to be Kimmy and what happened afterwards while they sat back and started swinging again. The conversation was light and enjoyable than expected that the two missed the time. It was late in the afternoon when they decided to return to Luhan's home. 

They were welcomed by the excited Sojun who was very pleased to see his new named brothers. Luhan's mother cooked another delicious meal and the dining table was filled with laughters that night. His grandmother was sharing stories of Luhan's childhood and Kai would cackle at his silliness. After the fulfilling dinner, Luhan, Kai and Sojun went to the little boy's room to play with him. They built leggo houses, created puppets and draw pictures. 

Not long, Sojun yawned and Luhan immediately led him to bed. 

"It was fun playing, wasn't it?" asked Luhan while tucking the child inside the blanket. "As much as we would love to spend more time with you, we'll be back in Seoul tomorrow."

Sojun's happy face dropped all of a sudden. Luhan knew he was about to cry so he quickly reassured, "We will be back as soon as you can, alright? You have to be a good boy and study well until we returned. Maybe, I can bring more friends so you'll enjoy more."

He glanced back at Kai and waited for his response. 

"Yes. I have brothers who would love to play with you," added Kai. When they were about to leave the room, Sojun sent them a flying kiss and said good night.

Luhan's mother was outside the room, waiting for them.

"Luhan, I prepared your old room. You and Kai can stay there for the night," she said before leaving the two.

"Thank you, Mom," Luhan answered. He innocently turned to Kai and invited him in. When he was about to close the door, it came to him. He realized the situation he's going in. As he turned around, he saw Kai already snuggling on the bed.

He decided to sit on the chair next to the window. 

"What are you doing?" Kai sat up and asked.

"Hm? Just watching the stars," Luhan replied, trying to suppress the anxiousness in his voice.

[Kai] ......

"You can go ahead and sleep," he then added.

[Kai] .....

Luhan rested his arms on the window pane and quietly observed the sky. 

This is embrassing, he thought. After what happened, how can I sleep peacefully in the same room with him?

Kai quietly went out of bed and almost tiptoed as he approached the preoccupied Luhan.

I might as well stay awake until tomorrow. I won't be able to sleep anyway, he thought further, trying to calm his mind.

[Kai] What stars are you talking about?

Luhan jerked and quickly glanced at the side to see Kai peeking through the window.

[Kai] No stars, Luhannie.

Luhan's face turned red in shame. He looked away and huffed while Kai, who was fully aware of what he's trying to do, smirked at the sight.

"You are avoiding me," Kai began. 

Luhan kept silent and tried to distract himself by watching a group of young people happily walked by their house. 

When Kai moved, his eyes immediately shifted from outside the window to where the cupid was. He was unconsciously leaning to the side, away from him. He felt like he has nowhere to go. Nowhere to escape as Kai drew nearer. The latter squatted beside him and spoke, "You are uncomfortable."

Luhan cleared his throat and continued to avoid the eye contact.

"What are you worried about, Luhan?" Kai continued. "Are you bothered that I am staying with you here?"

[Luhan] .....

[Kai] Are you worried that I might do something to you?

"No that's not about it---," Luhan quickly replied only to be stopped by Kai's touch as he held his hand.

"You told me that you won't trust my words after I kissed you at the library," the cupid began to speak in a serious tone. "So if I told you that I won't do something against your will, you won't believe me?"

I'm making him look bad, Luhan thought as he tried to find the right words to say. 

"Let me tell you something TRUE, Luhan," Kai continued. "At this point, I want to kiss you..."

Luhan gulped. His stomach was already churning and the fact that Kai was so near worsen it. 

"Truth is, I have been wanting to do it since we were at the park. Or no. I wanted to do it for the longest time. What happened in the library, that peck, it won't even compare to what I might do to you if you finally accept me."

Luhan almost choke on his own saliva after hearing him. "..Kai..."

Kai stood up, still holding Luhan's hand and leaned against the window; blocking view from the outside.

"I want to kiss you.... and more..."

Luhan quickly stood up and pulled his hand away from Kai but the latter was holding it tightly.

"..but I can't," the cupid continued. "I love you and that's enough reason why I won't. At least for now.." He smiled and tugged Luhan for a hug. "Believe me, Luhan. I respect you more than you know. I can be a little tease sometimes but that doesn't lessen my strong feelings for you."

****

Luhan laid on the bed and was staring at the ceiling. His eyes would gaze through the things inside his old room; the portraits hanging on the wall, the books on the shelves, the fan, the table... every little thing his eyes caught at that moment.

As he titled his head, he saw the cupid lying next to him; also looking up and staring at the ceiling with eyes half-opened.

A subtle smile formed on his face when his eyes moved down to where his hand was and realized it was iinterlock with Kai's.


The cupids decided to go back home after they were summoned by their father. Knowing that Kai was with Luhan burdened each one but nothing can be done about it so they went off with a heavy heart.

Well, except for one who was still doing his best to find "his Hannie." 

"I wonder where Sehun is," uttered Chen with utmost concern for the youngest one as they entered their home. While the rest searched for Kai and Luhan the entire day, Chen was busy looking for Sehun. His brotherly instinct seemed to dominate his system.

Meanwhile, the youngest cupid who caused weariness for his brothers were back at the carnival where he and Luhan had "their date" last time. He was looking intently at the clear glass ball in front of him while a woman (fortune-teller) wearing thick and sparkly accessories was sitting behind. She was wearing a long white dress with silver linings and her face was covered with a veil.

"What do you intend to know about your future, young man?" asked the woman.

Sehun titled his head and pouted, "Hmhm.... love...."

"Love," the woman repeated, now smiling and moving her hands around the "magic ball" that will tell Sehun about his future. 

"You are in love at this moment," the woman began.

Sehun nodded.

Holy! My little boy is in love.

The woman cleared and continued, "You are in love with.... someone."

Sehun nodded, "Yes. I am in love with Luhannie." He revealed innocently; unaware what was about to happen. 

"Luhannie!" The woman sighed and held her chest tight. Her eyes was telling that she was about to cry.

Still oblivious, Sehun nodded, "I want to know where he is right now. I was looking for him the entire day---"

The woman then stood up and removed the veil. She suddenly hugged Sehun and pinched his nose. "My baby is in love!!!!!" 

Sehun's jaw dropped and he immediately rolled his eyes when he realized that he just confessed to his mother.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!!!!!"

Xyke laughed and sat back down. "Trying to get away from your father." She giggled like a mad woman while thumbing her hair. "And I missed you so I decided to visit."

Sehun sulked. 

"So..." Xyke leaned closer to her youngest son. "Who is this Luhannie?! I am excited to meet that person."


Author's note:   "how-i-met-your-mother" episode?  xD

P.S Again, my apologies for the late updates. And if this is boring. >.< Trying to get my mind back on this story. ^^

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.

 Thanks for reading.