Chapter 13

My scars can't be healed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that night at Yuri's beach house things have been awkwards towards Yoona and I. We'll talk to each other but they were little words and nothing more. There are times that I wish I could have said truth besides of dare but I can't. I wanted to so badly tell her that everything was true on what I said that night but I couln't bring myself to do it. I saw her walking into the gym with her clipboard in her hands along with a pen in the other hand. I watch as she sat down on the bleachers with her friends who she was talking to. She was so beautiful and words couldn't even describe her beauty; everything about her was beautiful her brown eyes, her smiles, her fair skin, her semi long brown hair, and... WAIT!!! I have to stop, I shouldn't be doing this to myself. I have to control it before things get worse besides why would she want to be with someone like me anyways, all I do is cause trouble at lease that's what everyone thinks. *Sigh* My scars are cut too deep to be healed no one can heal them... my scars can't be healed. Even if she doesn't believe what people say about me I still can't with her. Again my scars are too deep to be healed.

I sighed as I put on my basketball shoes for practice tonight. Our tournament is in two days so we're practice like non stop so we can win the championship. Everyone is like pressuring me to do good and to win the championship. I try not to think about it as much because I always tell them that we as a team will bring each other to the championship but I know they think otherwise. After practice today, I went to gather my things and waited for the other girls to get done changing. I rested my head in my hands trying to relieve all the stress but I couldn't really. I heard someone walk next to me... I didn't have to see who it was to know who was sitting there. I can smell her vanilla perfume as if it was addiction to me.

"You okay?" She asked.

"I'm just stressed out because the tournament in coming up. How about you... how've you been, Yoona?" I asked her finally looking at her.

"I'm good... I'm actually nervous for our tournament. I hope we do really good." She said and I nod at her.

"Yoona... I want to talk to you about that night at Yuri's beach house..." I said wanting to clear things out with her.

"There's nothing to talk about Lisa. You have a girlfriend and it was only a dare nothing more." She said. I literally felt my heart crack at her words. I couldn't take it anymore. Everytime I try to bring up that night she always says it's a dare and that it doesn't mean anything then she'll bring Bora into this. If only she knew the truth then she wouldn't be denying everything and hurting me and herself. I stood up and grabbed my bag putting it on my shoulder.

"Lisa..." Yoona looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"Tell the girls I went ahead." I told her and walked off before she should even give me an answer. I was hurt and mad at myself for falling in love and lying to her about everything. I want to tell her the truth about me... I want to tell her everything about me but... I just can't bring myself to do so. I can't bring myself to scare her, to maker her scared of me, and to hurt her because of me and my past. Ugh... why does everything have to be so hard for me... why? I asked myself over and over again. After taking a quick shower I went to bed before the other girls even got back to the dorm. I heard Taeng and Hyo come in a couple of times but I would just pretend that I was sleeping. I was pretty much crying myself to sleep because of everything.

Tournament Day

Today was the tournament... everyone was nervous even I was nervous but I tried not to show it. We were playing agains XXX school. Durning half time it was 20 to 30. We were done by 10 points... they didn't put me in as a starter becuase coach wanted me to see how their formation and everything was before starting in the 3rd quarter. They would be in a man defense but once they make a point they'll to a zone defense. They would press us with a 2-2-1 and for offese they would switch to a 4 out or a 5 out. Taeng and Hyo managed to get some shots in and Yuri and Sooyoung were able to block some of the opponets shots. After half time we went back out with me taking the other players place with the five of us in. I saw Bora and I waved at her before starting the game. Taeyeon passed me the ball then I passed it to Hyo while I ran to the basket. She throw me a high pass and I grabbed the ball dunking it. It was the fourth quarter and it was 39 to 41. We could either tie with them and go over time or shoot a 3 pointer to win the game. There was 15 seconds on the clock and it was our ball. 

I called for a timeout and ran towards out coach who looked at us then at me.

"It's your call ladies on what you want to do, Captains." Coach said leaving Tae and I with the other girls. 

"Alright, let's play till the end and if there is an opening we'll take it, got it?" I asked and they nod their head. We broke and I saw what formation they were in. They were in a 3-2 zone. I grabbed both Yuri and Sooyoung telling Sooyoung to take low and Yuri to take top on the square while Tae, Hyo and I were out. The whistle blew and it was down to ten second already.

"TAE... HYO.... LIGHTNING!!!!" I yelled at them pointing at Sooyoung who was on the bottom. Hyo and Tae understood... Hyo had the ball, she passed it to Tae who charged towards the basket where all the girls from the other team were. Tae jumped into the air to do a lay-up but she did a quick spin and tossed the ball to me who was behind her. I caught the ball, getting ready in my stance, and I shot the ball.

BUZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

I heard the buzzer went off after I shot the ball. The ball was still in the air and everyone was watching as the ball was going closer and closer towards the basket.

SWISH

It went in making us the score 42 to 41... we won the first match going onto the championship. Everyone ran towards me giving me a hug and congratulating me. Coach told us to come over and we all sat down waiting for her talk.

"Nice job, girls now we are in the next match against XXX to win the championship. Now, we have 2 hours before the next match so rest up and eat but not too much I don't want anyone puking on the court now get out of here." Coach told us smiling at us. Everyone went to eat and rest. I found Bora, she sat with us and ate also. The next match was here already against XXX. During the first two quarters it was hard. They were aggressive than the other team, that coach had to take out Hyo and the other to prevent them from getting hurt. We all went to locker rooms during half time.

"I know we can do better than this. You guys are a team... so they are agressive we are more skilled. We can do much better than this... Captains." Coach said leaving us. Everyone surrounded Tae and I.

"Alright... coach is right. We are a team and together we are more skilled than anyone else. Do you see the other team working together out there? No... all they care about is themselves but we aren't like that. We are much better than that now let's prove it that we are one team, one family, and that we can win this championship." I said and everyone yelled.

It was the fourth quarter and the five of us were out there again with one minute on the clock. It was 32 to 35... Taeyeon passed me the ball and I gave it to Hyo. Hyo passed it to Yuri who gave it back to Tae at the elbow but she did a quick back pass to me inside of the cirlce getting ready to shoot. When I was about to shoot I was hit making me fall to the ground. I heard everyone gasped and the whistle blown for a foul. I could feel my head throbbing a bit then I saw Tae giving me her hand.

"You okay..." She asked and I nod my head. I took a quick glance at Yoona and Bora who were sitting next to each other. I can see the worry in their eyes and Bora... she looked a bit pale ever since she came her but I was so focus on the game that I didn't ask if she was ok. I got to shoot two free throws and I made both of them. Coach called for a time out.

"You okay Lisa?" Coach asked.

"Yes, I'm fine... I can't get a shot I'm double pin" I told her.

"There's a lot of openings towards Yul and Soo." Hyo said.

"I got a plan but give me the ball." I told them and they nod.

With 30 seconds on the clock Tae started with the ball passing here and there to get an opening. With 15 seconds left Tae handed me the ball th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter