HJ 02

Catching Chimeras

 

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I kept hearing the same noise for the past hour but I didn´t have guts to open my eyes and check. I didn´t even dare to breathe aloud because I didn´t know what was expecting me. I was lying in bed which was really soft and comfortable. It was warm under the huge duvet so I had one more reason to not want to get up. Still more than that I was scared.

Yesterday.

No, forget that. I don´t want to remember that, let´s skip the part. Later. When the person named Leeteuk brought me to this house, I honestly didn´t know what to think. I didn´t understand why he took me somewhere I wasn´t welcomed in the first place. Wasn´t that too harsh? He was a policeman so I didn´t get this whole situation. Shouldn´t I be placed to an orphanage or an institute like that? Why would he bring me to a stranger´s house. No matter how I look at it, Leeteuk must have been a special cop or something because…

Chimera.

He called me ´chimera´ and more than once. Does it mean I´m not human to him? He brought me here because I´m like this? Because I have firefly´s wings? Yes, apparently it´s like that. And that is why I am so scared to climb out of this bed. I can´t tell what they would do to me. They could use me on experiments or worse, pull my wings away. No, I can´t let this happen!

Out.

I ing need to get out! Finally, Hyukjae, you started thinking right. You need to get up, dress yourself and run away! Where? There are some possibilities of course. I´m not a stupid kid, I can break out of here and then go back to my house. No, there might be the police waiting and I´m not sure, if I would be able to withstand the sight anyway. Better try to get to our family summer hut on the countryside, that´s the best idea so far. There are clothes and food stored too so I could survive there until I think of something better. But first comes the first. I need to open my eyes.

Slowly I relaxed the lids that were squeezed tight before. I took a deep breath and snapped my eyes open. Perfect, the room is empty. I sat on the bed and looked around because I was still curious about the strange tapping sound. To my amusement it was a gray cat that was patting the window from the other side of the window pane. It wanted to go inside but I couldn´t let it in. It could burst my plan by making too much noise. I climbed out of the bed and tiptoed to the heater because next to it were laying my wet clothes from yesterday. I noticed a stain from blood on my pants. I decided to ignore it; I had no time for this. I quickly dressed myself and sighed again, the wallet was in my back pocket still. Unbelievable.

Taking another deep breath I slowly opened the door of the guest room and not seeing nor hearing anything I mustered enough courage to step out on the hallway. Quietly I ran towards the main hall that also looked abandoned. I could really make it! I jumped into my shoes not caring that they were untied. I harshly opened the main door inhaling the fresh morning air.

“What a nice weather, don´t you think?” .

The angry man from yesterday was standing in front of me with a bag with the supper probably in his hand. He was smiling at me but the mocking tone in his voice was slightly irritating. He was laughing at me. I nodded but decided that it was enough for the politeness and tried to continue walking. I passed him and then I started running. I heard him call for me so I quickened. I won´t let him catch me again, I´m going away from you all!

I turned around seeing nobody chasing me. Maybe I wasn´t that important for him to look for me. Somehow that thought made me a little sad. I hated when people thought of me as unworthy. Wait, this is not time to ignite a self depression because I have a bad feeling all of a sudden. And my senses proved to be right when a strong motorcycle suddenly stopped rapidly right in front of me. I abruptly halted which caused me to lose my balance. Technically it was because of my carelessness and my untied shoes that I ended up on all fours in front of the crazy driver.

“You really are something, Lee Hyukjae,” the driver turned out to be my previous capturer. “I have to praise you for your bravery but you should work on that stupidity of yours too,” he mocked. I got angry.

“For your information,” I stood up on my wobbly legs, “I had a good plan. Didn´t expect you to chase me on this, though,” I pointed to the black motorcycle. The taller male only chuckled.

“I´m the Great Kim Heechul,” he tapped his chest, “unpredictability is my main trait.”

“Whatever,” I looked away bitterly, what a show-off. “What are you going to do with me now?”

“Tsk, you looked cuter yesterday,” Kim Heechul hissed scanning me with his eyes, “and you even hurt yourself,” he sighed. Hurt? I followed his eyes and ended up on my torn pants and bleeding knees. Great, Hyukjae, the day is getting better and better.

“At least the stain is now gone,” I murmured for myself remembering the foreign blood from yesterday.

“Hop on,” Heechul called. I looked up at him surprised. Then he patted the place behind him on the motorcycle. I bit my lip embarrassed, I´ve always wanted to ride that. So although I wanted to remain stubborn I ended up climbing on the strong machine.

“Hold onto me,” the elder ordered again but this time I hesitated. Heechul only rolled his eyes and caught my wrists. I began panicking but he only pulled on them slightly to connect them around his waist. I was still shaking from fear but it didn´t look like he wanted to hurt me. I forced myself to relax a little bit. And good I did because the devil stepped on the pedal and before I knew it, the machine was already painfully crying. It was only a short distance to the house but Kim Heechul rode as fast as he could. He must enjoy the speed I guess.

After we arrived to the house, Heechul helped me to the bathroom. I realised how weak I became thanks to the events yesterday and starving. I didn´t even have enough strength to fight the man that pulled down my pants forcefully. Blushing I at least pulled the hem of my hoodie over my thights. I had no reason to feel like that because Heechul´s full attention was on my hurt knees. He disinfected them and put band-aids on them with a strong slap. I cried in pain and even a few curse words escaped my mouth. Heechul only laughed.

“Jungsu brought a bag of some of your stuff so take a shower and dress into something better,” he stood up and stopped in the door frame, “come to the kitchen afterwards, we need to talk.” Saying that he disappeared on the hallway. Finally I could sigh in relief.

Because I felt exhausted and cold, I indeed followed his order and took a warm shower. When I tiptoed back to the guest room, I found there a bag of clothes and some other stuff. My school books, laptop, phone and other things were included. I guess it means I won´t be coming back to the house. I bit my lip to hold back the tears that we prickling my eyes since the morning. I have to go to the kitchen.

“Ow, you look much better now,” Heechul exclaimed when I appeared in the doorframe. “Sit down,” he pointed to the chair and I limped towards it. When I was seated, store bought food landed in front of me followed by a cup of tea. The same order was on the other side of the table and soon Heechul was sitting down too and digging into his meal. I was sitting there awkwardly, not having the guts to tell him I wasn´t hungry. Or more like I couldn´t eat at the moment.

“Do I need to stuff it down your throat or what?!”

And so for the first time after that incident I burst out crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! So how do you like it so far? I hope it´s mysterious enough to make you wonder :P Thank you for reading and take care of yourself - PandaHero