HJ 12

Catching Chimeras

 

 

When I opened my eyes that morning, I realised I wasn´t alone. From my spot I had a view of ten long fingers holding a smartphone and working on it. Nope, not working but playing a game rather. I closed my eyes again to absorb the fact I was sleeping on another man´s lap and the said man was smashing buttons right above my head. Then I reopened my lids only to get startled.

“Morning, Fairy,” Heechul´s face was close to mine and the guy was smirking, “did you sleep well?” He added mockingly. I could only groan.

“Yeah but the wakeup call was rather lacking,” I told him with my morning voice.

“What did you expect?” The elder chuckled.

“A breakfast?” I shot back. Nothing´s better for waking up than breakfast. Heechul laughed loudly this time and put his phone on the coffee table. He made sure I would get squeezed properly by his bones when he leaned forward. I swear he did that on purpose!

“I´m the guest here so you make us the breakfast,” he said once he was back in position that allowed me to breathe. Bastard.

“Ugh, fine,” I mumbled through my sleepiness and sat up to rub my eyes and ruffled my bed hair. Then I stood up and went to the bathroom to take care of the dead body that appeared in the mirror in front of me.

I waited for the boiler to heat up enough hot water for me to take a good shower and entered the bath. It felt so nice and I couldn´t help but feel a lot more cheerful than the previous day. Everything seemed so dark yesterday while today it feels so bright. Even the sun was beginning to peak through the thick clouds. I can´t believe Heechul came all the way here by himself and even acted kinda human-like, not like a heartless imbecile. I know I´m being a little harsh but I really felt quite disappointed by his behaviour. But hey, it´s not like I´m any nicer with all that running away.

After the shower I felt refreshed, especially because I had a good night sleep today too. It surprised me a lot that Heechul let me sleep on his lap but I guess he didn´t have a choice if I fell asleep like that yesterday. I don´t really remember when I fell asleep, I hope it wasn´t in the middle of a sentence or something. I walked out of the shower in clean clothes and with a small towel on my head. I couldn´t dry my hair properly because I had to make the breakfast first.

“No! What are you doing?!” I cried when I spotted the elder in the small kitchenette.

“You were taking too long so I helped myself,” Heechul said and pushed another chocolate cookie into his mouth. He was eating the cookies I got from the grandma yesterday.

“Don´t eat them! They are precious,” I called and tried to pry off the box from the man´s hand.

“I would say, they taste exquisite!” Heechul teased and put the box above his head so I wouldn´t be able to reach. With the other hand he took another cookie and ate it. I felt like crying. I didn´t plan on eating the cookies yet, they felt too special to be eaten in such a vulgar way. And I bet there aren´t many left anymore.

“Give them back!” I scolded childishly the tall detective.

“Nope,” Heechul answered in an equally childish way.

I couldn´t take it any longer, I was afraid he would eat them all just like I ate his cupcake. But this was something else, the cookies were magical! I threw away the towel and stripped myself from my clothes. It took Heechul by surprise and for a moment he didn´t know what to do. That was good because I wasn´t planning to give him a chance to react. I jumped as high as I could and the rest I left for the two transparent wings on my back. A loud buzzing sound echoed in the hut and in a minute my body was levitating. I knew my time was limited so I quickly grabbed the last two cookies that were left in the box and a little clumsily landed back on my feet. Heechul´s eyes were as wide as flying saucers, suits you well.

“Eh?!” Was his first reaction after he woke up from his trance. He didn´t know whether to laugh or be angry.

“I told you to give them back, they are precious,” I cried again and closed my mouth to create a huge pout.

“How did you get them anyway?” He asked me after he decided to swallow both his anger and amusement. “I don´t remember having a box like that at home and it doesn´t look store bought either.”

“I got them as a present yesterday,” I answered still holding the leftover survivors in my hands protectively, “you can´t eat them like that, they are magical!”

“Magical?” Heechul raised his brow and I could already see that annoying smirk creep up.

“Yes,” I replied, “they caused something strange yesterday.” I was looking down at my feet and Heechul probably finally realised that the matter was important to me.

“Wanna tell me?” He asked taking down the empty box that was still above his head up until now. He gestured me to return the cookies there but I was still afraid he would eat them all.

“I don´t know, you will laugh,” I hesitated.

“I won´t, here,” he placed the box on the counter and I slowly put the cookies back there. Then I quickly closed the lid and stuffed it into my bag so the dainty cat lover wouldn´t feel tempted.

“I smiled,” I mumbled and bit my lip. “At least I think so but it felt really nice, you know. I used to laugh a lot, too much actually,” I admitted and couldn´t believe my own bravery.

“In that case I didn´t cause such a problem,” Heechul said and I snapped my head to look at him. I was angry. Does he mean, I don´t need to smile? “Don´t look at me like that. You even laughed yesterday for what I remember and I´m sure you had no cookies at that time.” What? I laughed?

“You are lying,” I accused him immediately. There was no way this could be true. I walked back to the counter and started boiling some water to make us a black tea.

“You challenged me yesterday that I won´t make a creative nickname for you and I won!” Heechul patted his chest proudly.

“I did? And what did you say?” I couldn´t believe it, Heechul made me laugh? I must have been too exhausted to actually listen to him. But it doesn´t seem like he´s not telling the truth. I took out the ingredients I bought yesterday at the train station and began making us some ham and eggs.

“I said you were a Butterfree,” he smirked at me but I didn´t really get the joke.

“And what´s that?” I asked him dumbfounded and poured the hot water over the tea bags in the cups.

“I told you already yesterday,” Heechul rolled his eyes, “it was a Pokémon! You don´t play any games or what? What teenager doesn´t play games?!”

“Pff. Hahahahaha. Bwahahaha!” Kim Heechul, how much more do you want me to become attached to you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tadah! Another heart warming chapter! The next one won´t be as much, tho. :) Thank you - PandaHero