HC 49

Catching Chimeras

 

 

When I woke, the first thing that surprised me was the sole fact that I woke up. I can´t believe those guys let me live, if they knew what I´m going to do to them, they would have killed me straight. At least they compensated for the fact that three on one wasn´t fair. Now that I had my consciousness and attitude back I could start working. Where is Hyukjae? That was the most important question on which I had an answer without even looking around the house.

Gone, as expected. I called Jungsu and he commanded that no matter what I wait for my team. And if I had another idea, I should remember the yesterday´s events. Which I did and so I waited for the reinforcement. I better prepare to leave right away I thought and went to put on my shoes and my coat. Gone as well? They liked my coat and stole it? I hope it´s at least Hyukjae, who is wearing my black and white striped fashion item. How about my shoes? I glanced down and luckily found them lying messily around, just the way I left them yesterday. But then I noticed something strange. On the tilled floor was dirt that looked almost like letters. It was made with black rubber of the boots´ sole.

´L I´

“Likya?” Hyukjae you are a genius! I put on Hyukjae´s ugly coat and my shoes and ran out of the house. But in the middle of the path I collided with somebody else. Unfortunately that somebody was Zhoumi and thus it was me, who after the collision ended up on the ground. I was about to yell something very ugly at the poor Chinese but when I put my hand down to help myself stand, a strange mark appeared between my fingers on the concrete. As if somebody hit the pavement with metal, the scratch looked totally like an arrow. This is really nice, Hyukjae, but how in the hell was I supposed to find this?! If I wasn´t so lucky even for your part, I wouldn´t have found this useless mark at all. And it is useless by all means, considering the fact that to the right could mean practically anywhere.

“We need to get back to the headquarters!” I told Zhoumi instead of the intended curse and pushed him towards the car. Once inside I pulled out the phone.

“What is it?” Jungsu´s voice was serious.

“I need to interrogate Jihyo, Hyukjae left us a hint - Likya,” I said hastily and with my other hand smothered my hair.

“I will have everything prepared when you arrive and I sent a team to your house too,” Jungsu announced.

“I´m sure those guys won´t hurt Hyukjae as for what I know but he´s going to be so hurt, if he finds the house messed up,” I told the male over the phone but instead of an answer, he hang up. It might not seem like the best time joke around but Hyukjae was acting calm and I had to do the same, if I wanted to find him quickly.

Minho was driving and Zhoumi was sitting on the backseat behind him. I decided to brief the both guys about the current situation because they were my team and I would need their help. They already knew that Jihyo was a spy but they were shocked when they heard, that she was a spy for the Likya organization. But then there was this big question. Why Eunhyuk?

“You probably don´t know Eunhyuk´s real name,” I said.

“Of course we don´t, it´s natural,” Zhoumi frowned, “only in your team everyone keeps ignoring the codenames!” Minho chuckled and I didn´t know, if he was so amused by the fact that our team constantly breaks the rules or by Zhoumi´s pronounciation.

“Alright, back to the topic! Doesn´t Eunhyuk seem familiar to you?” I tried again because I didn´t want to say Hyukjae´s secret with my own mouth.

“I would remember, if I saw somebody like him,” Minho said and Zhoumi nodded. Idiots.

“Minho has seen his picture like hundred times in the report and Zhoumi had met him even before he became a part of this team,” I rolled my eyes because this was simply unbelievable.

“What?” Zhoumi´s eyes widened and he was now trying really hard to figure it out.

“Alright forget it,” I sighed. We were almost at the ASC. “Does the name Lee Hyukjae ring the bell?”

The car stopped in the underground parking lot and both my colleagues turned as silent as the engine. They finally understood but they were too shocked to say anything. The case that was opened for longer than four years, the case that they were so sick of, the blond teenage chimera was right under their noses and they didn´t notice.

“Hyukjae didn´t change that much, did he?” I only added amused.

 

When we arrived to the interrogation room, as promised, everything had been already prepared. Jihyo was sitting at the end of a small table and holding a cup of cheap green tea in her cuffed hands. Jungsu was also present and Zhoumi with Minho got the roles of the guards. I decided to let my remaining teammates know possibly everything about the situation because right now, every possible help was needed. We had to find Hyukjae before it´s too late.

I sat down across Jihyo and put my hands leisurely on the table. I looked into her eyes, which weren´t as calm as one might have expected after seeing the woman sitting here comfortably with a light smile on her lips. She pretended to be calm but her black eyes gave her away. I wasn´t a detective for years for nothing, I could read her easily. Having Hyukjae around made any other person so easy to see through. I almost snorted at my own thoughts.

“Fancy meeting you here,” Jihyo said nonchalantly and smiled at me with that cute expression of hers.

“Unfortunately the pleasure is only one sided, Song Jihyo,” I answered. She might be funnily the only person I didn´t call by her real name. I´ve always called her Songim but that was only one of her many lies that I ate so well during those years working with her. I felt angry at myself, especially because it was Hyukjae who would eat up the consequences of my short sight.

“Tell me, where did they take Hyukjae?” I asked Jihyo and glared at her as forcefully as I could.

“My, my, they are fast, aren´t they?” Jihyo chukled but the nervousness was more and more apparent in her eyes. “They didn´t lose even a second to grab him, hm.”

“Cut it off,” I wasn´t in mood for this. I was aware that she was only trying to buy some time and I wasn´t going to let it happen. Finally it was the time for me to put my exceptionally detective skills to use. And no, I´m not boasting right now, I´m this good. They don´t call me the great Kim Heechul for nothing!

“Now you either tell me where is Hyukjae or I´m going to beat it out of you,” I announced completely serious and stood up. “You did notice, that the guards in the room fall under my command, right?”

“T-That´s against the protocol!” Jihyo immediately protested. She was already panicking and her strong act was gone.

“And since when do I care about the police protocol?” I asked rhetorically and closed the distance between us. Without hesitation I slapped her once to show her how serious I was with my thread.

“Fine!” Jihyo yelled angrily at me. I pushed my hands into my pockets and waited. “There are a few possibilities but I don´t know into which base they took him!”

“I´m aware, Hyukjae already managed to check your computer,” I said sternly and with that Jihyo understood how grave her situation was. I had all the evidence to convict her for the rest of her life. Even Jihyo wasn´t strong enough to handle a thread like that, I knew it and offered her a little bit of sugar too.

“Of course the court would have a different view on an agent that fortunately helped us out from the tight spot,” I told her gently and leaned against the wall further from her. Jihyo didn´t need to think for too long before she spilled three out of five bases Likya had here in the country. She didn´t know more than these three addresses but for me it was enough. The chances weren´t small, I thought as I quickly left the interrogation room.

“Chef, we don´t have enough time to check all the three addresses,” Minho came running after me.

“We are going only to one,” I answered and both Minho and, quick to join us too, Zhoumi were looking at me confused.

“Is there something we don´t know?” Zhoumi asked.

“That our Fairy is still the one ahead of me,” I answered laughing. The stupid scratch on the pavement in front of my house showed right, to the east. There is only one base on the east from Seoul. “We´re heading to Sokcho!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asa! Sorry for the cliffhanger earlier :P From now on some new characters would appear so I´m just saying, that although the characters may act in a way you won´t like, it doesn´t mean I hate the real singers/actors... They just fit the story. :) And some big news about chimeras in the next chapter! There are only about two secrets about chimeras left and I´m going to tell you finally in the next chapters! Thank you! - PandaHero