HC 07

Catching Chimeras

 

 

“Uh, how are you feeling?” Hyukjae asked me awkwardly.

From his tone it was apparent that he was a little lost and maybe even doubted my sanity. I bet he thinks I greeted him in my sick state of mind so he began worrying. The last feeling I expected him to display would be compassion, worry or care. But just like every single day since I´ve met this strange chimera, he surprised me.

“Much better,” I answered and gestured him to join me in the living room.

Last night I was suddenly woken up by a strange feeling. When I came to myself I realised I was probably feverish. My head hurt and my body was burning. For a moment I thought I would go crazy, I absolutely hate being sick. But just when I was debating whether to stand up to do something against the pain or just simply die, I felt a cold cloth being put on my forehead. And everything got even better when I started feeling a cold breeze at my hot body, how refreshing. I didn´t really think hard of the apparition of the cooling objects until I heard someone speak.

It was Hyukjae, he spoke to me quietly and for a moment I opened my eyes to make sure it was really him. What surprised me even more was the picture in front of me. The blond boy was sitting on the bed back facing me and his butterfly wings were fanning me carefully. The amazing act of kindness forced me to focus on the words said. Hearing Hyukjae made me realise how lonely and abandoned he must have been feeling all this time. Although it doesn´t really suit my character, I should try and give him a hand.

“The name of the guy is Eunhyuk,” Hyukjae gestured to the TV and sat down on the kittens´ cushion.

I see, so I´m not the first one to compare you two, huh? I wonder if Hyukjae can dance. What are his hobbies anyway? Climbing on the roofs and flying around with those wings probably. But it´s possible they are useless, the wings I mean. Many chimeras have traits that don´t work the way they are supposed to. Hyukjae is probably the same. I smiled remembering the wings from yesterday, at that time I also couldn´t stop smiling. It felt so comfortable being taken care of like that, as if he was my family or lover. Or a fairy godmother that came to my rescue, the irony of it by the way amused me quite a bit. He even has her wings for the god´s sake!

“What can you do, Fairy?” I asked curiously. Hyukjae turned to me and raised one of his brows at me.

“What´s that supposed to mean?” He growled and a scowl appeared on his handsome face together with a huge pout. Looks like I managed to offend him.

“I meant, what you are good at, hobbies or skills,” I rephrased realising how wrong the first attempt of asking him personal questions sounded.

“Hm,” Hyukjae calmed down and put his index finger on the chin, “there are a few things but none of them astonishing or special.” He answered after a while but I didn´t really obtain anything new from his answer.

“So you are simply a good for nothing kind of person,” I snorted. Teasing him was bigger fun than one would expect.

“You could say that but it could be even worse, you know,” Hyukjae instead of getting angry shrugged. He turned back to watch the TV and didn´t look very affected by my remark. Possibly he was only avoiding talking about his personal life with me, a person he didn´t trust. But still my interest was piqued by his unpredictable behaviour.

“How so?” I asked him and gave him my full attention.

“Well, I could have been born as you,” he stuck his tongue at me. That little piece of ! I knew it would be something like this!

“For your information I´m excellent at my job, I´m the top dog in my workplace,” I exclaimed childishly even though I felt embarrassed by letting myself be provoked by a teenager.

“And why aren´t you at work then?” Hyukjae striked again. I always forget how strong-headed and smart the boy is, I should have learnt my lesson as to not underestimate him.

“Because I´m sick of course,” I barked, “aren´t you happy I´m here?!” God he really knows how to make me lose it.

I was fuming with anger and decided to ignore the blonde from now on. If he isn´t able to talk to me normally, then we don´t need to talk anymore. And yes, I´m aware that it was me, who started teasing him first but that doesn´t change a thing. I returned my focus to the TV and for the next minutes the parcel was the only source of sound in the room.

“I am,” the blonde whispered after a while. I didn´t know if it was directed to me or not, nevertheless it made me feel strange inside. The feeling was foreign, thus uncomfortable. I sighed, we can´t stay silent after this. It would make the situation even tenser and more awkward.

“Aren´t you curious, Fairy?” , I should have called him Hyukjae at this situation, right?

“Curious about what?” The boy also wanted to keep the peaceful atmosphere and let my mishap go. On top of that he even turned around with the cushion so he was facing me. I bet he´s totally wondering about a bunch of stuff.

“About me, Jungsu or maybe yourself?” I asked him and wiggled with my eyebrows suggestively.

“What´s your job?” Was Hyukjae´s question. I told you the boy was pretty smart. He could have asked anything else and I would be able to answer him shortly and curtly but his question included everything together with me, Jungsu and even himself. I shook my head at my own lack of sense.

“I´m a policeman, a detective correctly,” I said honestly but this wouldn´t satisfy the brat for sure. And as expected, the boy only frowned. He didn´t need to say anything, I understood that I better speak some more. “And so is Park Jungsu, the man that probably introduced himself to you as Leeteuk. It´s his cover name,” I explained.

“I guessed he must have been at least a special force if he brought me here and not to a foundation or an orphanage. This isn´t anything new,” Hyukjae told me with his usual calmness. , the blonde colour of his hair is really misleading.

“ASC, Administration for Special Cases,” I was now interested in the boy´s reaction, if I tell him more, “almost everything inside this shady sounding department is confidential.” I was sure this new term would interest Hyukjae.

“Special Cases, huh,” Hyukjae repeated already deep in thoughts. I was amused by his way of absorbing information and it made me open my mouth even more than I was allowed to.

“You aren´t the only person in this country with let´s say ´special´ traits,” I looked at him sternly and he raised his head to look back at me. “For most of the day I have to deal with the likes of you.”

“I don´t like how it sounds,” Hyukjae´s stare hardened and I knew that I made another mistake. But this one I had no intention to take back. No matter what he says, I won´t accept chimeras as something more than errors. That´s the truth and not even special case like Lee Hyukjae can change it.

“It can´t be helped then,” I shrugged ending our conversation.

I expected Hyukjae to fight me back; the determination in his eyes was telling me this. But instead he closed his eyes and after a few moments of calming down he stood up and went to change from his pyjamas and to wash up as he said. Good he knows not to go against the wall.

I was left sitting in the living room alone. I listened how, indeed, Hyukjae went to the bathroom to wash himself and then I heard him limp to the guest room. After that I heard the limping again but the boy never appeared again in the living room. That´s strange, where is he for so long? After a while I couldn´t take it anymore and decided to check. This is Lee Hyukjae, who knows what the brat is planning again, especially after I spoke to him rudely again.

I found the blonde in the kitchen but the atmosphere was still suspicious. He had this angelic expression on his face which couldn´t mean any good. He was washing dishes and at the first glance I didn´t see anything wrong. But the feeling was still there and so I began looking around. Is he trying to flee again maybe? I don´t know! I opened the fridge but the skinny teenage next to me suddenly ran out of the kitchen. If you want to call it like that but it was more like a one-legged escape. Suspicious I thought and scanned the fridge. Wait! No!

“You ing Tooth Fairy, that was the last cupcake from my mommy!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! As expected the Heehyuk story isn´t as popular, just like the pairing itself. It doesn´t matter, though, because I have fun writing this one, the story seems entertaining to me, kkk. :D Thank you for reading and have a nice day! - PandaHero