HJ 24

Catching Chimeras

 

 

He´s different. I could tell that something had changed about him. But I wasn´t quite able to define it, which by the way made me a little sad since I thought I could read the cat lover well. We´ve been apart for too long and we have known each other for a short time anyway. And our future doesn´t look any better when it comes to spending more time together.

I was sitting on the ground, well on the red fluffy pillow, and leaning against the coffee table. Heechul went to the kitchen to clean the dishes and judging from the sound he was just making us a cup of tea. I took the freedom to go through the papers scattered on the table. It was my case and Heechul surely knew that nothing could stop me from reading it once I learned he had the paperwork. That´s why he left the room so carelessly. It was better like that and he could say that I saw the papers by accident. If he gave them to me, it would be a big problem.

I was surprised by the amount of people interviewed. Most of my relatives, neighbours and friends had something to say but I had to agree with Heechul´s notes at almost all of the papers, the testimonies were useless. Trusting the detective I took a shortcut and searched only for those that had different notes than ´boring´, ´useless’ or ´stupid´. And it turned out to be a good idea because I came across a testimony that was slightly suspicious.

The name was very familiar. Kim Junho, our family lawyer and one of few people that I knew and talked to after my parents´ death. All we talked about were of course the formalities around the last will and heritage. It was my only trip away from the institute, apart from today´s escape of course. Leeteuk brought me to Seoul that day and after a short lunch under his surveillance he took me back to the dormitory. I had always this strange feeling that Kim Junho knew about me being different but I had no proof and it seemed like Heechul was the same. Apart from a little too subjective testimony and some mess in the documents, there was nothing against the man. What was his motif, if it was him who tried to kill me? And according to this document, there is no foreign car with the right vanity plate in his range.

“Found anything suspicious?” Heechul arrived to the living room with a plate filled with two cups of tea and some snacks. Oh, are these my favourite chocolate cookies? He remembers? Or was it just a coincidence?

“Maybe,” I answered and showed him a photo of the lawyer. Heechul hummed and frowned.

“What about him? We checked his alibi and he had a meeting in Seoul before we even left the rest station. There is no one with a foreign car in his proximity and I even checked the car rentals,” the older man was annoyed. I guess he was really stuck with the case for a long time.

“Well you do find him suspicious if you went to such extents in your investigation,” I reasoned and Heechul only snorted. “I´m not sure about his motif but I will think about it, okay? Check if he wasn´t connected to my uncle more than he should have been as our lawyer.”

“And who are you to give me orders, huh?” The cat lover snorted and poured himself a glass of red wine. “On what basis are you building your suspicion?”

“I have a theory, hyung. And if I´m right, it would explain why the investigation stopped so abruptly,” I smirked and the tall wine glass halted only a few inches from the thirsty red lips.

“Speak,” Heechul ordered and although I might have only imagined it all but I swear I could hear his heart beat loud against his chest.

“The arsonist and the guy following us in the car might be two different people. Kim Junho could have burnt the hut; he knew the address from the list of our properties, and return to Seoul in time for his meeting. The car started following us from the time we left the rest station, not from Andong. I might be wrong but the possibility is there, isn´t it?” I told Heechul my honest thoughts. I wasn´t a detective but I´ve been doing something similar for the past three months at the institute so I might have had some training at least.

“, Hyukjae!” Heechul swore and I got a little startled. Don´t blame me, the word didn´t sound pretty together with my name. “This is it! Why the hell haven´t I thought of that?!”

The tall cat lover put down his glass and started making his way towards me. I got surprised and maybe being a teenager had something to do with that because I suddenly connected two absolutely impossible things. ´, Hyukjae´ and the scene of my capture when Heechul´s self was trying to beat me to death. I know, I know! But my body reacted faster than my sober mind could. Before I knew it I was up on my legs and running away from the living room.

“Yah! Do you have to always run away?! You have no idea how good I am at catching chimeras! Wait you brat!” I heard Heechul roar and he was already following me.

There was nowhere to escape, we both knew it and that´s what made the game more exciting. I ran to Heechul´s bedroom and stole a huge pillow from his bed. Then I stood next to the door frame and waited for him to arrive as I held the weapon above my head ready to strike. But the house was quiet. I couldn’t hear Heechul and my heartbeat was so fast that I lost my usual patience. Carelessly I looked out of the bedroom only to get a certain familiar red pillow smashed against my face. The impact of the hit threw me backwards and I fell on my .

“Bwahahaha!” Heechul was standing in front of me and laughing at how he was able to outwit me. And so I decided to bring him back to Earth. The huge fluffy pillow was still in my hand and I didn´t hesitate to send it flying.

“Pfff,” this time it was me who laughed as the pillow hit the elder straight on the face.

“Just you wait, I´ll end that fun of yours,” Heechul threatened but a huge honest smile was plastered on his face. I faked fear and crawled up on his bed to steal the second pillow.

But at that time the detective also jumped on the bed and in a few seconds a huge pillow fight took place in the bedroom. Feathers were flying around as we kept hitting each other with the soft weapons. Heechul kept pulling on my legs making me fall down on my face all the time. I was laughing so much that my belly hurt. I heard the raven head laugh equally hard as I kept trying to climb on him to get the upper hand. It was insane and it was so much fun.

“Get ready to lose!” Heechul suddenly exclaimed and I laughed into his face.

The detective only ´tsk´ed at me and pulled himself up into kneeling position. I kept hitting him with the already torn pillow but the latter was looking for a short opening. He grabbed swiftly my forearms with both hands when I raised them up into the air to hit him. He then fell backwards taking me down with him. He let go of my arms as I landed on his chest and instead rounded his arms around my torso. I heard his ringing voice as he laughed heartily, the ribs I was lying on shook. It was game over and surprisingly I felt too comfortable to make any effort to get away. We were both tired and breathing hard; the time was way after midnight.

“I caught you, you insolent little Hyukjae,” Heechul´s chest shook again.

“That´s good,” I mumbled against his dumbly coloured shirt, “be sure to catch me next time too then.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asa! Burried in studies I finished this late at night. I´ll look for the mistakes and typos later, sorry. :) Thank you for reading and commenting, I really like writing this stry. It´s so fun :D Sorry for beingexcited all by myself here, kkkk - PandaHero