HJ 16

Catching Chimeras

 

 

The loud engine of the van quieted down when we arrived in front of Heechul´s house. I was a little confused, why after all that has happened, they still felt like it was the safest for me to stay with the insolent cat lover. But I was currently sulking, keeping quiet. It had a big disadvantage, and that was impossibility for me to protest against anything. So when the car stopped and both men climbed down from the car, I had no choice but to follow.

“Careful,” Kangin said and stretched his arm to help me down from the high seat. I wasn´t angry at Kangin but I had to keep my image so instead of thanking him, I only bowed politely.

“C´mon Yongwoon, stop making those pitiful faces,” Heechul scolded the , “Hyukjae is safe with me.” At that I snorted, catching the attention of them both. I quickly turned my head away, my banks hiding half of my face.

“You know I like you, Heechul,” Kangin then began walking back to the driver´s seat of the black van, “but I´ll have to inform Leeteuk about this,” he added. At that my caretaker sprawled a few profanities and curses, how typical of him. But I didn´t even feel bad that he would get punished by his boss, I was angry at him afterall.

“Hurry inside,” the older male immediately commanded and pointed towards the door. I listened only because I wanted to be inside before Kangin´s van leaves the front of the house. But I made sure to let out a loud ´tsk´ when passing Heechul.

I limped to the door and waited for Heechul to unlock them. When inside I hurried to my-, I mean the guest room. Heechul in the meantime unloaded his bike and went to park it into the garage. I looked out of the window and watched how the black van drove around and disappeared. Feeling suddenly a little out of place again, I didn´t know what to do.

I sat on the window pane and kept looking outside. It wasn´t raining anymore but a thick fog began filling the street. Soon it will get dark outside and I´ll have to watch the street lamps instead. I felt still nervous and unsettled. I couldn´t remember the morning fire anymore, strangely I was able to push this bad experience to the back of my mind. No, what made me feel nauseous was a different occasion.

“Planning to run away again already?” A voice interrupted my thoughts and I turned around to see Heechul standing in the doorway with my bag in his hands. I averted my gaze and continued looking outside. I heard some footsteps and a noise of what must have been my bag being thrown on the bed.

“Why aren´t you talking to me?” The sound of the voice was now much closer but I will stay strong and won´t turn around. “What did I do this time?” He asked me again but after getting no answer he sighed. At first I thought he would go away as always but then something horrible happened.

Heechul walked behind me so close that I felt warmth of his body on my back. He leaned forward and put his chin on my right shoulder. I wanted to shake him off but I was suddenly paralyzed. Then his head shifted again and I could feel his lips close to my ear. All of a sudden a got reminded of a similar situation this afternoon when it were his hands on my thighs. Immediately a dark blush spread through my whole face but everything got even worse when he opened his mouth to say something and his warm breath hit the roots of the hair on my neck. What´s happening?!

“Hyukjae?” Heechul said into my ear. I wished I could just slap his face but the situation felt very different from the one at the rest station. The tone of his voice was serious, he wasn´t mocking me this time. Heechul was honestly worried about me.

“Hyung,” I gave away to whine, “haven´t you read something like a report about my c-case?” The elder hummed and it seemed as if he was thinking.

“I did but I guess you´ll need to explain more,” he answered, “sorry.”

“Well,” I gulped, “j-just don´t pull a g-gun like that in front me. And if you do, don´t make me a-assist you.” That moment in the car I almost got a heart attack. I can´t believe I haven´t fainted because I was seeing white and my head was spinning uncontrollably. My fingers were shaking and he asked me to hold onto him. Onto a person with a gun!

“,” he swore with his chin still on my shoulder, “I haven´t thought about that, Hyukjae. Of course I read the report, I had to learn all the details too, how your uncle shot-“

“Hyung!” He´s so insensitive! I can´t believe it!

“Oops, sorry,” he apologised but the tone changed, it felt much more playful now. Strangely I didn´t feel offended by it. I´m sure it´s his new lame way how to make me feel better. Gotta play along.

“Are you going to cook today?” I asked him instead. His chin left my shoulder and Heechul straightened his back only to put his hand on my head instead.

“Let´s order something delicious,” he said with a smile when I looked up to him, “whatever you want.”

In the end we simply ordered Chinese food but after the long day, it tasted like heaven. After diner we both washed up and met in the living room, where we sat on the sofa with a cup of tea for me and punch for Heechul. We put on a random movie, only later I remembered that we wanted to watch Frozen together. Sitting there trapped in a huge fluffy blanked, I stopped shaking and warmth returned to my fingers. I´m not prepared to call this house my home but I can negotiate about calling Heechul my friend. He has many faults but he also sacrifices his routines and peace for me and I´m grateful for that.

I didn´t even notice I fell asleep in the living room. But to my amusement it was the same for Heechul who ended up in a weird position with his head down from the sofa. I wish I had my phone by me so I could capture this precious moment. You don´t see everyday a rude detective lying sprawled on the sofa in his tiger pyjamas and a fat cat on his stomach. If the elder had time to shave his beard, it would even look cute.

The sound of the doorbell interrupted my thoughts. Another ring and the cat from Heechul´s stomach got startled. It jumped down, not forgetting to use the sleeping face of my caretaker as a springboard, which effectively woke the man up. Nice one, Kitty.

“What the hell,” Heechul grumbled.

“Somebody is knocking on the door,” I answered and only then he noticed my presence.

“Then go open for the god´s sake,” he rolled his eyes and made a futile effort to do a sit-up in order to pull himself up back on the sofa.

“Fine, but if somebody steals me, it will be your fault,” I stood up with the blanket still on my shoulders, “or worse! Leeteuk might be the one knocking and I wonder how he will react, if he finds out that you boldly let me open the door.” I smirked and put my hands on my hips.

“You little ,” Heechul frowned but my victory was apparent. The tiger rolled himself down on the floor and then lazily stood up. He shuffled toward the main door and I peeked from the living room to see the newcomer. C´mon, the attacker wouldn´t be as stupid as to come straight to Heechul´s house and on the day light too.

“Hello, so where´s my little Hyukjae?” A tall foreign man asked as soon as Heechul opened the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Still busy but this chapter went quickly so I wrote it in the train on my way to school! The smog in my city is certainly breath-taking, no really, you can´t breathe at all (or see). So tiring and I haven´t bought a single christmas present yet!! What do I do? Only 2 weeks left T_T. Thank you for reading and have a nice advent everyone - PandaHero