HJ 54

Catching Chimeras

 

 

It was very hard to guess the nature of all these people. They were acting too confusing for me and I couldn´t make sense of their reasoning. They were smart, many capacities and researchers were walking around with exceptional knowledge about mutations and DNA. Then some militant creatures with ideas about dominating the world and making something better than human being, wanting to become Gods and perfectly believing in that. And this whole intelligence and philosophy was somehow ran in a chaotic, careless and maybe even ridiculous manner. A manner that worked so well for years that nobody had noticed these blind ants digging right under our feet. I was amazed, terrified and amused. I didn´t know how to deal with them, all I knew was that I shouldn´t let them talk for too long because Heechul could explode. The only way I was sure wouldn´t work was being rude and flaring up. I didn´t want Zhoumi to be the next one hit by the bullet.

“Excuse me?” The man with dark leather jacket and wavy hair blinked.

“I´m just saying that I would prefer, if you invited me to your discussion as the topic apparently concerns my person,” I rephrased a little better and with all false respect I could muster, I bowed my head and looked at the man through my bangs. I wanted to sound smart and look weak.

“I´m worried that your opinion doesn´t exactly matter in this situation,” the man told me. Yet I took it as a win. I didn´t expect him to set me free just because I didn´t agree, I myself found that idea too impossible. But I felt proud that he answered to my question with the same respect I showed while asking.

“Am I not even allowed to have a few requests? Wouldn´t the cooperation between us be a little easier that way?” I began with the negotiation but the problem was that I was in no position to negotiate.

“Well, we could always force you, wouldn´t that be cheaper?” The man on the side that haven´t spoken up until now smirked at me.

“Is it possible that you haven´t been informed about me yet?” I asked daringly and leaned into my seat with a sad expression on my face. The Likya leaders found themselves confused by my speech and one by one turned their heads to commander Ok. The poor tall man began wiggling on his seat awkwardly.

“I didn´t have time to report,” he apologised, “Lee Hyukjae seems to be kind of problematic type to handle, that´s true. We had a few minor accidents since his arrival.”

“What accidents do you mean?” The man at the side, he was wearing a white scarf, asked him in loud voice and Ok Taecyeon had no choice but to spill the beans.

“Uh, he happened to get slightly injured upon his arrival, then he might have tried to escape and somehow he managed to invite the police into the base,” the commander was tall, had big muscles and strong jawline but at this very moment his huge ego was reduced to nothing but a bunch of nothing.

“Police?! They aren´t supposed to find out about our organisation, you idiot,” the dark jacket scolded the commander harshly.

“It´s a little too late for that,” Kim Heechul finally calmed down and was able to utter a small snarky remark when I wasn´t paying attention.

“What?!” The white scarf asked in irritation.

“T-That is the policeman and there by the door are his colleagues, Lee Hyukjae himself is an agent,” the commander explained and inwardly prayed for his own safety and for something really bad to happen to us.

“I want to see all the records about Lee Hyukjae today and the report of today´s events, do you understand?” The black jacket stood up and Ok Taecyeon bowed his head.

“Yessir,” he said under his breath.

“You see, Mr..,” I decided to restart the negotiations again quietly.

“Yang Seungho,” the standing man in black jacket introduced himself and sat down. He seemed to be the most level-headed and understood that it was for the best to let me speak before he decided on my fate.

“Mr. Yang,” I said and nodded, something like a minor bow. I had to get this man on my side after all and I was prepared to sacrifice my pride for that. “I don´t want to intentionally cause any problems. I´m not very happy with the current situation but I´m also aware that resistance would lead to nowhere.”

“What´s your suggestion?” Yang Seungho asked me as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned into the seat.

“I agree to cooperate calmly, if you allow my teammates to follow,” I showed him my cards and waited for the verdict. I wasn´t asking for something minor, I was being daring at the moment. But hidden under the coat of politeness and submission the dare wasn´t too apparent.

“No, that´s too dangerous. Keeping in mind that you yourself pointed out the fact that you needed to be guarded more thoroughly. I can´t give you three policemen, that´s unreasonable,” Mr. Yang shook his head.

“How about just one? I refuse to stay all alone,” this time I was playing on the soft side, which I wasn´t even sure, if the man in front of me owned. Yang Seungho snorted but then shrugged.

“Fine, one person can come with you to the base three,” Mr. Yang agreed and stood up. Together with him the woman, the guy with white scarf and the fourth person, that didn´t even open his mouth, stood up too and they made their way out. I scanned them properly and thought, if Yang Seungho possibly could be the famous leader of Likya. He seemed to have the command but he was a little too sensibile to be the one oughing to become the God.

“You two," the guards at the entrance jerked, "will follow me and Lee Hyukjae with the detective outside. Be very careful during the , please,” Ok Taecyeon ordered but the last sentenced came out too weak. He was surely completely drained after the little talk with his superior.

“Doctor Ha, let me thank you for taking good care of Hyuk,” I heard Heechul exclaim from behind me and when I turned around, he was hugging the short doctor. When he let go, he gave Ha Donghoon one last pat on his shoulder and send him a long stare. Something was up but I wouldn´t ask for more, I didn´t need to. When Heechul returned to my side and we were together leaving the big room, I noticed him glance at Zhoumi and give him a signal. I understood one thing, Heechul wasn´t going to abandon his men.

“Quickly!” Ok Taecyeon was becoming impatient. And so we jogged to him, holding hands and with two guards behind our backs aiming at us mercilessly. They wouldn´t shoot me but they probably wouldn´t hesitate when it comes to Heechul. I needed to be especially careful right now.

We were led outside where two black cars were standing. Into one climbed the woman, Yang Seungho and the man with the white scarf. The fourth, mute man, sat on the front seat next to the driver of the second car. That was also the car we were ushered into. Our wrists were cuffed with the strange looking metal lock again and a short chain also caused that Heechul´s cuffs were rooted to the headrest of the seat in front of him. Mine were free but I wouldn´t try anything with Heechul being stuck to the seat. The driver started the engine and I immediately looked to the front. This time my eyes weren´t covered and I wanted to see the way.

“Hyukjae?” Heechul whispered and I abandoned the road for him. “Are you alright? It didn´t really go well but everything will be alright, don´t worry,” he tried to console me. It was awkward for him because he would usually just pat my hair and it would be okay. He couldn´t reach me now, though.

“Who says?” I shrugged and turned back to the front with a small smile. I put my head on his shoulder while keeping the watch on the road. “My only goal was to have you here with me, Heechul.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asa! Good news! I can finally tell you how many chapters the story would have! Yesterday I finished the last chapter, it was number 60. Thank you for reading and hold on until the end, please. :) Have a nice day - PandaHero