HC 51

Catching Chimeras

 

 

“Where are you Kim Heechul?!” Jungsu yelled through the phone.

“On my way to save Hyukjae of course!” I answered angrily. Wasn´t it apparent?

“You don´t have enough men, the group wasn´t investigated thoroughly, you have neither the arrest warrant nor the search warrant! You can´t even enter the base!” Jungsu retorted almost as angry as me.

“There´s no time for that,” I answered him, “I will take care of Hyukjae and you of the paperwork, how about it?”

“Hee-,” Jungsu started but I cancelled the call.

“Is it going to be alright?” Zhoumi glanced at me from the driver´s seat. We were sitting in the car and heading towards Sokcho.

Honestly I wasn´t sure. Although we were well armed and protected, we were missing too many people right now: Donghee in hospital, Jihyo under arrest and Hyukjae who knows where. But I knew we would manage somehow, we couldn´t just leave Hyukjae alone in this and we were the best team in the ASC so I had some hope.

“I think we can manage but of course I won´t force you into this,” I turned to Minho and Zhoumi. It was after all my own selfishness, or maybe feelings for Hyukjae. He was very important to me, like a part of the family or maybe even a lover. Not like I wanted to imagine Hyukjae as my lover but the aura he gave off occasionally was pretty close to the term.

“No way! I´m in! Hyukkie needs our help,” Minho almost didn´t even let me finish the sentence. Now, why was I feeling bitter, the fellow agreed to help, didn´t he?

“Count me in too,” Zhoumi grinned with his eyes on the road. Very well, now that the team has recuperated, everything would be alright.

In an hour and half we arrived close to the address Jihyo gave us. From further away it looked like a normal building at the end of the city. It had four floors and each was occupied by some small local business, from the hair salon downstairs to the travel agency on the fourth floor. Nothing was special about the house until Zhoumi noticed something strange.

“Chef, there are metal doors on this side,” he pointed to this narrow alley at the back.

“But if you look at the hair salon, there is the show window, you can´t see the other side of the doors,” Minho shook his head.

“And what if the doors led into for example a cellar?” I said and smirked, this is it. I´m sure, my instincts tell me so.

“Let´s try it!” Minho was almost jumping out of the car already.

“Wait you idiot,” I scolded, “we need a plan first!” He´s even more energized than usual, that´s a bother. Is it because of Hyukjae? That even bigger bother. The two of them might have gotten closer without me noticing. They are only three years apart and not nine like me and Hyukjae. Of course Minho would be a better company than me, that´s, well, obvious, isn´t it?

“Chef?” Zhoumi brought me back from my thoughts.

“I was thinking about the plan!” I exploded but rather scolded myself for having unnecessary thoughts.

Thirty minutes later we were finally out of the car. By that time it was the evening and the heavy rain that followed us the whole day quieted down. The round moon would sometimes hide behind the clouds covering us with the darkness and the loud wind would cause our footsteps to disappear in the noise.

The plan was pretty simple, we had to sneak inside and find Hyukjae. There was only one entrance we knew about and so we didn´t have any other choice but to go through it. All we hoped for was that they wouldn´t shoot us in the head right away. Zhoumi opened the door and Minho was the first one to enter, I was covering him from behind but the two guards at the entrance were so surprised by our appearance that they barely made a sound before they were knocked down. As we had guessed, there were stairs leading down. Guns in our hands and backs against the wall, we were slowly climbing down and trying to catch any threatening noise.

“Come on, Donghoon,” we could hear somebody talking once we arrived downstairs and stood in front of another door. “Don´t tell the boss about the mushroom-head.” My ears quirked when I started listening to their topic. Were they possibly talking about Hyukjae?

“No way, I have to report this,” a different voice answered, “He had minor concussion and he has a nasty bruise on his side too. You´re lucky, it wasn´t anything serious, for example the wings!” Now I was sure they were talking about Hyukjae. Did he get hurt?! I was furious but calmed down immediately when I noticed Minho at the door. I grabbed his shoulder and pushed him backwards, our secrecy was more important at this moment. He glared at me but I shook my head, he had to obey.

“I don´t like you,” the first person said and stomped away.

“Does anybody has any humour left?!” The second voice snarled and shuffled in different direction. After that it was quiet behind the door and we decided to continue forward.

Behind the door was a long hallway, on the right we could still hear the grumbling voice number two. We didn´t dare to split up in our small number and instead went together to the left. We could check the other side later, we didn´t want to catch Likya today. All we wanted was to get Hyukjae back, safe and sound. Unfortunately the Fairy happened to get already hurt, I felt really awful. I wanted to see him so much and make sure he was alright.

“Chef!” Minho hissed and I glanced at him. He was pointing to a glass door that looked like a hospital room. I peeked inside and noticed the same just like the tall detective. My jacket was hung over one of the chairs, if Hyukjae haven´t worn my fancy coat, we wouldn´t have noticed the room. But to our bad luck, the room was already empty. On the stand were scattered some papers that calmed me down a little. Hyukjae´s state of body was written on them and it seemed the Fairy was doing fine. They even gave him some vitamins! Nevertheless the patient wasn´t here and so we had to keep searching for him. But not before I get rid of Hyukjae´s boring coat and wear my prettier one. This trash can stay here, I thought and discarded the cloth on the floor.

We continued down the hallway and checked some more rooms. Most were occupied by various chimeras, probably the ones from the list. They were all lying or sitting on the bed with this empty expression on their faces. I was terrified by the thought of Hyukjae being just like that, we had to hurry. But at that exact moment a loud siren echoed through the base and red lights placed on every corner began shining. It was an alarm!

“Do you think it was us?” Zhoumi asked.

“Probably, who else?!” I scolded Zhoumi for his absolutely dumb question.

But then all of a sudden somebody darted from behind the corner. The runner, or maybe even sprinter, had to halt his run because I appeared in the middle of his way. Naturally we collided with the athlete falling over me, luckily he wasn´t heavy at all. I groaned and raised my head to take a look at the thing lying on my stomach. But when the other person did the same and our eyes met, I thought I would burst into tears.

“Hyukjae?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! I´ll check for mistakes later. Thank you! - Panda Hero