HC 19

Catching Chimeras

 

 

A few hours spent at the centre we were coming home in silence. Hyukjae was deep in thoughts and barely answered my questions. I felt slightly angry since I went all the way to make him happy. Yes, I really did try to cheer him up, okay?! But the blonde didn´t seem any happier, the pout on his lips signalling the exact opposite. Is he sulking? If I knew he would be like that, I would let him win once. Who would have thought that Hyukjae would so bad at those games. What did he do all his childhood? Guess he was chasing girls instead. Well that´s much better than playing games but still.

“Let´s hurry, it´s getting cold,” I grumbled and began walking faster.

“Hyung!” Hyukjae whined and I turned around annoyed. What now?! But as soon as I did I regretted. The blonde was barely able to walk properly by now, going fast or running was still impossible because of his hurt knee.

“Sorry, sorry,” I rolled my eyes, “it´s a pity you can´t just fly home.”

“Funny,” Hyukjae retorted and shamelessly grabbed my arm to ease the weight on his injured leg. I of course didn´t have any right to protest and helped him walk back to the house.

At home we ordered some fried chicken because my fridge was already empty. I didn´t feel like attempting to cook and Hyukjae more than happily agreed. That little fly, again underestimating me! After the meal I admitted that there was really close to nothing to eat in my house already and going shopping was a must.

“You can´t stay at home alone, let´s go to the market together,” I was trying to persuade the younger who for some reason refused to leave the house. Is he scared?

“My legs are tired, I don´t want to walk anywhere anymore,” Hyukjae argued.

“We aren´t walking, I´m going to drive,” I explained and the blonde got a little taken aback.

“I don´t want to sit on your bike, it´s cold,” Hyukjae pouted and crossed his arms over the thick knitted sweater that he still didn´t put down. What´s wrong with him today?

“That´s okay, we are going shopping so I´ll take the car instead,” I smirked and grabbed Hyukjae´s arm, “and stop arguing if you want eat the next week.” I pulled him up and surprisingly the blonde stopped fighting and instead bit his lip and looked away. Back to sulking?

Once again we put on our winter jackets and shoes. I grabbed the keys to my Mercedes and led the Fairy to the garage. I preferred riding the red bike but it´s not like it´s always the most convenient vehicle. The luxurious and dependable black car was one of my favourite possessions so I felt a little excited drive it after a long time. I wanted to show off to Hyukjae too, I´m sure he hasn´t ridden a foreign sport yet.

“Is this yours, hyung?” As expected Hyukjae´s wide eyes were all around the car.

“Yep,” I grinned. The blonde took his time to round the car and carefully examine all its curves. Then he joined me inside but his eyes only widened seeing all the hi-tech systems and stylish European design. For a moment my own proud smile faltered when I immersed myself in watching the curious teenage.

Hyukjae was curiously glancing around the car, his eyes shining with childish curiosity I thought the boy didn´t own. His lips were slightly parted and sometimes a breath of astonishment or admiration would escape through. All that was most probably unknowingly except for Hyukjae´s hands. His long white fingers were sliding over the leather black surfaces and sometimes pushing random button on the dashboard.

“How´s the sound?” He turned to me and I quickly tried to look like I wasn´t watching him all this time. “Can you play something?” Hyukjae was curiously pointing to the stereo.

“Yeah, of course,” I chuckled and started the car. Then I the radio and even amplified the beats.

“Amazing,” Hyukjae called over the loud music and looked out of the window. Through the whole ride he was tapping his fingers on his thighs in the rhythm and sometimes he would even hum to the music. For a few moments he seemed like a completely normal boy with peaceful past and bright future. None of that was true, though.

“Here we go,” I said as we stopped at the parking lot in front of a big supermarket. I climbed out of the Mercedes and then waited for Hyukjae who took his time to strengthen his sore leg. He was back to being nervous and grumpy and I even thought of leaving him in the car. That of course didn´t make any sense.

To make the blonde feel a little more comfortable, I put my arm on his back. I couldn´t hold his hand here in front of so many people. Two guys holding hands would look disturbing; I´m sure Hyukjae thinks the same. He´s a guy too after all.

“Can we buy some strawberry milk?” Hyukjae asked me while passing the dairy. He likes this stuff? He doesn´t seem the type, though. He might look cute on the outside but as for what I know Hyukjae doesn´t really like aegyo or sweet things. Drinking ice coffee suits better his cold image than strawberry milk. But of course I don´t mind buying some.

“We´re lucky, there´s a discount too,” I said happily and picked a family pack of ten little pink boxes that was for a pretty good price.

“Hyung, just this is enough,” Hyukjae said and put two into the cart. Why is he acting like this when I´m being generous! I endured for a long time, soon I´ll explode, though. Hyukjae´s being difficult.

After shopping for groceries we returned back home. This time Hyukjae wasn´t even humming into the song and I could feel the atmosphere becoming more and more tense. With that I was growing annoyed and it was only a matter of time before I would detonate and all that kinetic force would go towards the stubborn teenage.

“Are you hungry, Hyukjae?” I called from the kitchen. Nothing but silence was my answer. I tried calling again but it was the same. I was beginning to feel antsy; not answering Hyukjae might be also missing Hyukjae. The teenager couldn´t be underestimated. I walked to the living room but he wasn´t there. My heartbeat quickened and I jogged to the guestroom with hope to find him there. And luckily the blonde was in his room and sitting on the windowpane. When I came he glanced at me and then back outside.

“Why didn´t you answer?” I asked him pissed. Stressing me for nothing.

“I´m not hungry,” Hyukjae said without even looking at me. Fine, if you are going to be like that then eat the consequences!

“Lee Hyukjae, you are being rude,” I scolded him loudly.

“I wasn´t trying to be nice,” came his quiet answer. “The opposite actually,” he added even quietly but I caught it anyway.

“Are you trying to make me angry?” I fumed and stomped towards him. Hyukjae still didn´t look up to me.

“Just getting detached,” the boy murmured. At that moment I couldn´t hold back anymore and hit him. Yes, I hit him. You don´t have to curse me for that because I felt like hanging myself the exact moment my hand touched his head. Hyukjae didn´t deserve to be hit, Hyukjae didn´t deserve to see death, Hyukjae didn´t deserve to be treated by life this way, by me this way.

“One more day, hyung,” Hyukjae was still frozen like a statue not looking at me. His blonde banks were covering his face and I had no idea what was going on his mind, at his heart. “On Monday they will take me away, Heechul hyung,” he continued and I started feeling anxious. What is this feeling? “And then I won´t see you ever again.”

Crash.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello. I´m really sorry for the long break, guys. I had too much on my shoulders and somehow couldn´t connect to the story. It doesn´t happen often to me but I guess I just wasn´t in mood. I´m sorry. I hope you aren´t too mad at me :) It´s a little frustrating that Heechul can´t understand Hyukjae, right? I wonder if he will ever be able to... :D Thank you for reading and happy new year! - PandaHero