HJ 04

Catching Chimeras

 

 

Oh My God! He´s ! And sitting on me! This must be a bad joke, please tell me it´s just a bad joke. Okay, I´m sorry! I admit I was trying to flee but I had no idea you would come after me , you beast! I was inwardly dying.

I was sprawled on the floor of the living room bent not to wrinkle my wings too much. I was breathing hard from the stress and all the running I did a while ago. Kim Heechul just pushed me down and was sitting on my waist with nothing but his boxers on. I wondered how it´s possible for a man to look beautiful before but those thoughts are at the furthest corner of my mind right now. Heechul is staring at me as if I had tried to murder his cats or burn his house when all I did was to leave. It made me once more doubt the reason of my stay at this place. I closed my eyes to at least escape the visual terror when a familiar voice broke through the tense atmosphere.

“Kim Heechul?!”

My eyes snapped open and as expected spotted the person that introduced himself to me previously as Leeteuk. My capturer also took notice of another man in the room and stood up in a record speed. I used this small chance and crawled as far as I could from Heechul´s legs. But I didn´t run to Leeteuk either. I didn´t trust anybody except myself in this room.

“Have you gone insane?! He´s only seventeen for the God´s sake!” Leeteuk jabbed Heechul´s chest with his manicured finger.

“Yah, you are misunderstanding, right?” Heechul turned in hopes to me. But the problem was – I was the one at wrong here.

I tried to escape but failing in my attempt I hurriedly cancelled my plan. I planned to pack my things and hide in the house. Heechul would assume I escaped and run out to look for me while I would escape for real and hitchhike to another city. I was successful until one of my knees suddenly gave away which meant I would become even more vulnerable than I already was. I didn´t expect this at all and in my fear decided to return back. But apparently I didn´t manage to cover all the traces of my break out and Heechul found out. I knew I was in a big trouble and that´s why when Leeteuk turned to me to confirm Heechul´s innocence I shook my head.

“You little , don´t lie!” Heechul roared. Now I was sure I better stick to Leeteuk instead because the tall man looked like he would kill me with his bare hands if he got a hold of me.

“Stop it, Heechul, why are you like that?” The short haired male shook his head in disappointment. “I told you what happened to Hyukjae and hoped you would be able to take care of him for a little bit. I wasn´t asking for too much, was I?”

Silence. Heechul although quiet was burning with anger at his accusation. I could almost feel the flames lashing all around the man. I felt utmost fear and respect and couldn´t hide my relief when Leeteuk beckoned me to join him. I stood up rapidly to go to him but that was a pretty bad idea because as I said, my knee was injured badly. As fast as I stood up, I fell to the ground. Both men got startled by my little slapstick comedy.

“Are you alright?” Leeteuk carefully asked me and I nodded my head. Why am I even trying to lie when I can´t even stand up anymore. Looking away I corrected myself.

“Actually not,” I said truthfully, “my knee is injured and it´s getting worse by hours.”

“I´m sorry,” I snapped my head towards Heechul who was looking at me with huge regret reflected in his eyes. “It´s from yesterday when I almost hit you with the bike, right?” The man sighed and Leeteuk didn´t wait to add a slap to the back of his head. Why is he looking like that at me? Doesn´t he hate me? Why apologise to me? I felt suddenly extremely guilty for the man that couldn´t dress up since he got out of the shower.

“N-No, it happened way before, don´t worry,” I lied although I came out perfectly fine from the accident in my home, physically.

“Sure, Hyukjae?” Leeteuk again tried to read me but once I decided something, it was almost impossible to break through me.

“Sure, Heechul hyung seems like a little hot-headed person,” the said man grumbled, “but he wouldn´t hurt me.” I said it so stubbornly that almost Heechul himself began doubting his own killer intentions.

“I´m glad,” Leeteuk relaxed and walked to me, “I wouldn´t want you to suffer any more than you already had to,” he told me in a fatherly tone. I miss my dad. He had so much faith in me. Stop it Hyukjae, it´s still not the time to get sentimental. Remember what happened this morning, you can´t allow yourself to be that weak anymore. “What´s with that look?” Leeteuk added amused.

“W-What look?” I was scared what he could have seen in my eyes.

“You´re almost like a monkey pouting like that,” Heechul said but unfortunately that only earned him another slap.

“He just wanted to say, you looked cute,” Leeteuk corrected and I couldn´t help but blush. Inwardly I felt once again relieved that none of my inner thoughts got revealed.

“Okay,” the still man interrupted. Is he blushing too? But why? “Why are you here Leeteuk, I will skip the fact that you invited yourself, it was my fault for not locking the door. You came to pick the boy up, right?” Ah, so I wasn´t here permanently.

“Well, that´s the problem,” Leeteuk scratched the back of his head which caused me and Heechul to frown at his action. “There will be a free room but only from the next Monday. So I was wondering-“

“No!” We protested together. I can´t stay here! I can´t escape and Kim Heechul is the worst nightmare. I don´t know how to cope with him. And as I see it, he can´t handle me either. Leeteuk was startled by our reaction.

“Alright, it seems like I need to rephrase it. Lee Hyukjae has nowhere else to go and even if he had he isn´t allowed to not be under our surveillance,” Leeteuk glanced at me and my eyes widened. What is going on? Surveillance? I´m not a criminal and I can go wherever I want! “And nobody else, qualified enough, is free except for you, Heechul-ah,” this time the stern look was sent towards my companion. It seems like we´re in this mess together.

“Good, looks like our problem is solved,” the expression on Leeteuk´s face suddenly changed into a happy smile decorated with a dimple. Is he bipolar? Why are those people so scary?

Leeteuk didn´t stay for too long. He only made sure my knee got thoughtfully fixed with an elastic bandage and then he left. Heechul went in the meantime to dress himself up so when he came back I didn´t have to avert my innocent eyes anymore. But the atmosphere was still very tense the moment we were sitting in the living room alone again.

The TV was still on and showing a boring program but we both pretended to be immersed in it. I was sitting again on the fluffy red cushion and was playing with my cup of tea. Leeteuk convinced his friend that I didn´t need bourbon anymore to fall asleep. Good because the alcohol was making me feel hot and dizzy. I don´t like not having perfect control of myself, you see.

“Hyung?” I spoke up eventually because I wanted to destroy the awkward atmosphere between us. “What did Leeteuk hyung mean by needing a qualified surveillance?” I glanced up at him. For a while it was quiet before than man´s cold dark eyes landed on me.

“Because you are a chimera.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! The chapters are usually pre-written so I can´t adjust the storyline according to your questions but you asked why Hyukjae didn´t escape - well, the answer was here luckily :D Thank you for reading - PandaHero