HJ 38

Catching Chimeras

 

 

It was Thursday, the second week of March. Exactly four days after joining the police forces I might be already catching my first ever culprit. Not even in my dreams I would have imagined that everything could happen so fast. I expected the investigation to take at least a few weeks, because that´s how the bureaucracy works in this country, but against all my expectations everything went very fast. Apparently the topic of chimeras is way too important and so the agents of the ASC have various different privileges and rights. The doors are always opened and the speed of exchanged data is incredible.

And that´s why I´m now sitting in Heechul´s car and heading towards the Han River. Another car, less luxurious follows behind us, inside is JuMyeok and Minho. Shindong stayed behind as it was him, who managed to quickly infiltrate many companies and find the searched man among them. Jihyo also could stay in the office, her prize for getting the warrant on the short man that murdered the young chimera. The rest of us had to go and retrieve the culprit but no resistance was expected as the man was right now properly working as if nothing had happened.

From the curriculum and some new findings we were able to complete the story. The chimera wasn´t in any relationship with the man, they were strangers and met by chance by the river. The culprit had no previous experiences with crime, his health was also good. He had a family and he was very friendly and loved man in the neighbourhood. His hobby was collecting historical weapons and he would often go down the river and shoot cans or wooden desks for fun. We found out during the investigation that on the night in question he got drunk and when returning home he encountered the chimera. The older man got startled by the boy with strange eyes, long teeth and weird physics and in his shock pulled out the gun he was coincidentally carrying, shooting the poor guy.

Everything was prepared. The physical evidence like the footage caught on the CCTVs or the ballistic test of his historical pistol. We had the warrant and were just parking in front of the little private business for handmade children toys. Smooth and short. No action nor difficulties.

“Ready?” Heechul asked with a chuckle when he noticed my nervousness.

“Yeah,” I answered and climbed out of the Austin.

“Just in case, Zhoumi and Hyuk stay here. The culprit shouldn´t resist but you better guard the entrance if he decided to escape,” Heechul ordered and gestured for Minho to follow him inside. I watched as the two tall detectives disappeared in the small factory and sighed.

“You wanted to go, right?” JuMyeok asked me gently.

“Honestly, yeah,” I told him and leaned against the car with my arms crossed.

“I´m sure Heechul hyung would like to take you with him, I can tell he fancies you,” the tall Chinese put his hands into his pockets and laughed. I blushed. “But you are still new here and it wouldn´t look good, if your name was written in the report.” He was right, the arrest should be done by more experienced policemen, as it´s an important part of the case. But then JuMyeok laughed aloud.

“What?” I asked. This man was always laughing or smiling, it was nice but it was also hard to read him.

“I just thought that he probably had a different reason,” JuMyeok said and I raised my brows. What reason? “Heechul hyung doesn´t care about rules, he would take you, if he wanted. I´m sure he was just worried about you and that´s why he took Minho instead!” And then he laughed again. I stayed quiet.

“Catch him!”

A loud shout made us both look towards the entrance of the factory. To our surprise, a very familiar short man was running towards us. Well, he was actually running away from the building with the two agents in tow. He had to pass through us, if he wanted to get out on the street and continue his escape. The man was already too close for us to try and pull out a gun or something. We had to catch him barehanded, which wouldn´t be so bad, it was two against one, if the small worker didn´t carry a metal bar. I quickly understood how he managed to get this far, the rod looked heavy.

“Wah!” And it was heavy, I experienced it myself unfortunately.

Out of the two people standing in front of him, the culprit of course decided to try and overpower me instead of the very tall Chinese. The situation itself was actually funny. The older man was very short and he wouldn´t be able to escape the law no matter what. And there was four of us for a guy like him too. But for me personally it was a painful experience when I saw him swing the metal bar at me. I felt something hit my left shoulder and the next thing I knew, I was sitting on the ground.

“Hyuk!”

I heard Heechul scream and he added a few curses too. That´s when I finally regained myself and realised that everything was over. JuMyeok was sitting on the back of the criminal and Minho was putting the cuffs on his wrist while reciting the rights.

“Gosh, Hyuk!” Heechul squatting next to me called again and I had to do my best to answer him or I would become deaf.

“Hyung,” I whispered embarrassed, “I´m fine.”

“Fine my ,” Heechul rolled his eyes but I could tell that he felt relieved. “Can you get up?” He asked.

“Yeah, no problem,” I gave him a little reassuring smile and tried to raise myself by my propped arms. It didn´t work and I slumped back down. My left arm gave away and I finally noticed that it hurt a lot. Once the shock subsided and the adrenaline calmed down, I could feel the pain caused by the metal rod.

“Or maybe you could give me a hand?” I changed my answer and chuckled a little.

“Really, Hyukjae,” Heechul sighed, “some things never change. You will always be the unlucky child,” he shook his head. I wanted to protest but then I could stay on the ground for hours because the detective would leave me there.

“Here we go,” he said and put his arm behind my back. He pulled me up but didn´t let go, even though my legs were perfectly fine.

And his arm stayed on my back even when we all returned back to the office, without the perpetrator of course. That one was for Shindong and Jihyo to take care of in the interrogation room. My shoulder felt a little heavy and I knew that it would be at least swollen.

“Take off the jacket and shirt, Eunhyuk,” JuMyeok appeared in front of me with the first aid box.

“Right now?!” Heechul got a fright and I wondered why. But then I remembered the reason, my wings.

“It´s okay, Heechul hyung,” I ensured him and took off my black blazer. Beneath I had a white shirt which I also put off. What was left was a special black cover that I had especially sewn by my friend from the institute.

Jessica was a beautiful chimera that had a great talent when it came to the fashion. She was called a ´Black Swan´ because she had beautiful wings on her back. But they weren´t as sturdy as they should have been and so she used, for the PE mostly, a strange cover she made. It looked a lot like the back or backbone protector that is used by the athletes. The protector was made perfectly to cover and protect my wings while it looked like a simple sportswear. Two comfortable belts, around my waist and under my clavicles, were holding the light but tough shell. I felt pretty proud for this idea of mine.

“What´s that?” Minho of course asked.

“A back protector,” I said naturally, “my backbone is a little crooked,” I added a lie that worked perfectly every time.

“I see,” Minho ate the lie but his eyes were still glued to my torso, “but you have a nice body for somebody so slim!” He added with a cheeky smile and flaming eyes. I only gulped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asa! The side story is over and soon I will go for the real deal! I can´t believe how this simple story grew so much over my head :D It´s so long! :) Anyway, Heechul will soon start promoting his own album as he had already filmed the MV. Choki choki choki wa! Thank you for reading! - PandaHero