HC 27

Catching Chimeras

 

 

My heart kept thumping loudly in my chest as I rushed quickly to the living room to watch the black luxurious car leave. I quickly hid behind the curtains when I noticed that Hyukjae was stuck to the window and looking at the house. I guess he didn´t want to leave. I didn´t want him to go either.

Okay, stop these thoughts immediately, Kim Heechul. It´s late, you should go to sleep, I forcefully ordered myself. Taking the last glance at the red lights of the disappearing vehicle, I turned around and slowly shuffled towards the bedroom. I even ignored the slim cat trying to grab my attention, it doesn´t happen often. But when I arrived to the bedroom I realised that I definitely couldn´t sleep here. It looked as if a flock of birds exploded in there. I grimaced at the thought and closed the door to the room right away. Instead I walked to the guest room but even there I stopped in the doorway. I would rarely enter the room since Hyukjae left, only for the purpose of cleaning or airing. All proves of Hyukjae´s stay were long gone but I could still feel him there. That strange radiating light that the younger owned. That foreign inner energy that made me treat him differently than other ugly chimeras. In the end I fell asleep cuddled in bed on the side where Hyukjae used to sleep like a loser thinking of the blonde fairy.

 

“Heechul-ah, this is unacceptable,” Jungsu was pacing around his office as I was seated in one of the leather seats and watching him with amusement.

“You were supposed to call the guards as soon as the boy rang your bell,” he kept gesturing wildly. “I´m sure he must have rummaged through your paperwork, I´m aware that you leave it all over your house. I´ve visited you enough through the past weeks to know that. This is disaster! Who knows what the boy might do next!” Jungsu was deeply troubled as if Hyukjae was some kind of a criminal. It made me slightly annoyed.

“So what if he saw, Jungsu,” I rolled my eyes at him.

“What?!” The older man´s eyes widened. “You know better than anyone that the boy is way smarter than he presents himself. He managed to run away from the institute which was deemed to be impossible! We have no idea what he might do with the information gained. What if he would be planning a revenge or something?” The police director panicked and I decided that it was the time to end his useless runt. He kept offending Hyukjae and didn´t even say his name once as if he was scared to do so.

“Hyukjae just felt lonely and that´s why he came to my house,” I started with a lie. Jungsu stopped in his tracks and turned to me

“That´s what the agent interrogating him said too,” he told me and visibly calmed down. I on the other hand was surprised and the annoying beating against my ribcage returned. Hyukjae really missed me? Okay, continue talking, Heechul, your boss let his guard down.

“And even if he really read the secret documents, while I was gone to prepare him a dinner,” I added quickly so Jungsu wouldn´t have time to flare up, “instead of getting worked up, he made a finding. Jungsu, he solved the riddle!” I told him with amusement and Jungsu´s eyes widened once more.

“He did? You said the whole team was stuck for weeks!” He shook his head.

“It was pretty simple, Hyukjae thinks that there are two different culprits. One trying to kill him and one following us in the car. We were looking at things in a too complicated way but Hyukjae had the necessary overview. It was a great help so let him off this time,” I cooed. I didn´t like the thought of the younger getting punished.

“I´m glad to hear that but I have no say on the topic of Hyukjae´s punishment. The principal is the one in charge and I can´t really interfere in his matters, Heechul,” Jungsu said and I frowned. Not fair!

“Really, and Hyukjae only came to play,” I mumbled under my breath sulkily. But I didn´t want to push the matter because the fact was that Hyukjae did ask me about some classified information and most importantly I did tell him. It was better to stay quiet.

“And,” the older man stopped by the window and turned to me, his features were much softer and his voice quieter, “how is Hyukjae doing anyway?” I gave him a wide grin.

“Much better. He was full of smiles,” I told him honestly remembering the amount of laugh that escaped the blonde´s lips during our pillow fight.

“That´s great,” Jungsu sighed and looked out of the window with a small smile. He still cared for Hyukjae.

When I left the director´s office I immediately called up my little investigation team. I told them to meet me in the big office in the corner. I had lots of important stuff to tell them and even more work prepared for them. The investigation was restarting now.

“Everyone´s here?” I called and made a quick headcount. Four plus the big star me, we´re all here. I smiled.

“Good news, the investigation is going forward again,” I watched as my subordinates hissed a few ´yes´ and smirked. “Although I must admit that we were pretty dumb and that the one who solved the problem was a teenager,” I grumbled. I liked Hyukjae but it was still a kick to my big star pride. “So let´s finish things quickly so I can show off to that brat!”

“Hyung, who´s that teenager? A relative of yours or what?” The oldest subordinate Shin Donghee chuckled. “You seem pretty motivated.” The rest of the policemen laughed too but I hit the table with my palm to quiet them down.

“Well, if you need to know. It was this one,” I said seriously and pulled out a photo of Lee Hyukjae from the bunch of paperwork. “The victim.” The word burnt on my tongue but it was needed to be said in order for me to accept Hyukjae. It was the boy´s past and it wouldn´t do any good if I ignored that. The laughing Fairy sitting on the red pillow was the same person as the unfortunate chimera locked up in the institute. They weren´t two different people and that´s why I had to be serious about this.

Everyone was suddenly silent as if on magic. I took the chance and began explaining the situation about the two different perpetrators and their probably different objectives. My colleagues were taking notes and adding some more guesses. The way was now clear and more open for imagination and deductions. Any new idea was welcomed at this point and in an hour we had a good plan as for what to do from now on. The next hour I began giving out my orders and watched as all the younger policemen began running around, some sat down to their respective computers and started making calls and some went out on the field personally. I nodded my head in satisfaction and opened my own laptop.

“Don´t worry, Hyukjae,” I muttered, “I will take over from here and find the bastards fast so you can relax.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! I wrote the Heechul´s POV quickly because Hyukjae´s is going to be a little bit more action so look forward to it. :) Thank you for reading and your comments. Honestly it´s the most fun when I see you making guesses. Some are right and some away but all are interesting so thank you! - PandaHero