Chapter 9 First Day: Fail

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At six thirty the next morning, Kris still had not shown up and your first class was due to start at 7:30. You assured yourself saying you still had an hour, but you were inwardly panicking since you still had to pick up school supplies with him. 

At 7:45 there came a knock on the door. You opened it and saw a familiar face. 

"Tao!" you said happily, hoping that maybe Kris had sent him. He smiled at you before motioning if he could move inside. You let out a shaky and nervous laugh before stepping aside for him. You noticed he had two grocery bags with him and wondered if he brought you breakfast or something. 

"Did Kris send you?" You asked expectantly. He seemed pull his eyes away from the sight of your clean room and focus them back on you. 

"Yes, actually," he said, "He woke me up early telling me get your some school supplies and bring you to the first lecture." He now spoke with disdain at the memory and gestured at the shopping bags. 

"Is that why you look so tired?" you incquired, motioning under your eyes to refer to his eye bags. He looked with a bemused expression before saying, 

"I was born with these. They call me 'Kung fu Panda!" He swung his foot out to demonstrate his defense pose.

It would have looked cool, were it not for the fact that his foot made contact with a porcelain lamp, that shattered the moment it hit the floor. He slowly lowered his foot and watched your expression while you just stared blankly at the shards.

"I never liked that lamp anyway," you lied in an effort to ease whatever guilt he would feel otherwise. You didn't like apologies; saying them or accepting them. But there was an exception to every rule, and Kris was your exception. You wanted him to apologize for everything he done since he first knocked on your door. 

"I can clean this up," Tao spoke indifferently, breaking you revengeful thoughts, "You can go look through the school supplies." 

You smiled and nodded in acknowledgement before walking over to asses the bags. 

"I didn't know what you liked so I went with what I figured all girls like. Luhan helped a bit too," Tao called while bending down to pick up the bigger shards. 

You opened the bag and thanked God your back was turned to Tao so he couldn't see the shocked expression on your face. 

Pink. Pink everywhere. Hello Kitty notebooks and pens. Folders covered with strawberries or cupcakes patterns. He even manged to find pens that had feathers and glitter exploding from the back. Just as you were holding up a supersized pack of crayons, and staring at it in awe, Tao came up behind you. 

"Ah," he remarked, beginning to sift through the bag for himself, "I see I did good. . . I picked the crayons." He said smiling.

Had it been anyone else, you probably would have exploded. But Tao looked so harmless, even if he was the 'Kung fu Panda', that you couldn't stay mad at him. 

"I love them," you said swallowing the truth and smiling at him.

What you wanted to say was, "Are you out of your mind? Do I look like the pink bubblegum sugarpop glitter kind of girl to you?" You instead, tried to pick out the plainest, and most mature materials from the bag and prepared for the first lecture. 

~~~~~ 

The classes seemed to whiz by. You sat between Chen and Tao during the first class. Chen had greeted you with a joke that went something like, 

"Girl! Do you have 11 protons? Because you sodium fine!"

Out of nowhere, Lay's hand came out of nowhere to smack the back of his head, before politely greeting you. Your extremely feminine school materials did not escpae their attention, espe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter