Chapter 4 Crossing Over

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks passed by faster than usual. But a lot had happened. You were currently sitting on a plane nearly bouncing with the anticipation of what was to come. Honestly, you were looking forward to 13 and a half hours of silence. Yes that was how long it would take to get from Seoul to Toronto, Canada. You leaned back in the nice leather seat. Thank goodness Jaejoong's company gave him good miles; yes we are talking coach miles. You were proud of Jaejoong; he had worked nearly all his life through school and college to get from the average guy to a respected businessman, and he was still young. . .well relatively young, he still had a lot of potential at age 27. It also helped he had such a great girl by his side. It was no wonder why your parents esteemed him above everyone in your close and extended family. 

Your parents were two average people, living on the outskirts of Seoul and raising the average family. When Jaejoong had been accepted at SNU (Seoul National University- ranked #1 in S. Korea's schools), they were overjoyed. Jaejoong was already the 'perfect' child in their eyes. You were nothing but the troublemaker. You were really just too curious as a child and as a result, seemed to get in the way of everyone. Your parents eventually stopped holding back and would openly scold you never failing to say, "Why can't you be more like Jaejoong?" It always got to you, that one line. You studied hard thoroughout school and were able to get into Yonsei Universtiy (#3 in Korea), but the 'damage' was already done and it didn't help you were accepted around the same time Jaejoong was promoted in the company. He came first, and the only recognition your acceptance letter got from your parents was when it was nearly mistaken for trash. 

Jaejong never failed to take care of you though. He would always comfort you when you were younger and crying while saying that Omma and Appa didn't love you. When you learned to stop crying, he would still hug you and tell you things would get better. Whenever you got your good report card or when you got your college acceptance letter, you would go out with him for Thai food. Jaejoong hated Thai food, but it was just another thing he did for you.

Then he met Bo-ah and you thought you would lose him too. So you started dating a guy in your class to give Jaejoong more time but also to ease the loneliness of the former choice. Another thing your parents frowned upon besides your tastes in music, clothes, food, and basically anything you like that varied from their average taste, was who you dated. When the first guy left you, it was surprisingly Bo-ah who caught you mid-fall. And soon she became like your older sister. You could always rely on those two. There were times you wondered if you burdened them. Jaejoong read you like a book of course, and would always shoo that fear away. You couldn't wait till the day he asked for your help finding an engagement ring for Bo-ah. You couldn't imagine them not marrying.  

"Attention passengers, please fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter