Chapter 44 Ever After With You

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay I'm back!! I'm so sorry I was absent I had some stuff to take care of, and I missed you guys so so so much!!! I'm so excited to update you have no idea! Okay I hope you enjoy because THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!!! Unless you count the eqilogue as a chapter. And then there'll be an authors note and then this story is over (and maybe another will begin ohoho ;) Enjoy!

About 11 months later.....

"You know I love it here in Korea, but at least in Canada, they have Chinese takeout," Kris said as he stepped into your dorm with several bags of food. 

"We have Chinese food here," you protested as you greeted him with a kiss, and took some bags from him. 

"You have the Koreanized versions here," he corrected, "So it doesn't count." 

"How about I ask your mom for some of her Chinese cooking recipes?" you said as you removed the plastic from some bowls. 

"You're always one step ahead aren't you," Kris said as he wrapped his arms around you. And just like that, you let the food go cold and just enjoyed the moment. 

"I'm pretty sure we've already seen this movie," Kris boredly murmered. The takeout had long since been eaten and you were both positioned on the couch, with you snuggled up against Kris, watching a movie he claimed you had both already seen. 

"It's timeless," you responded, as you continued to stare at the black and white image of Audrey Hepburn on the screen. 

"......timeless," Kris repeated, murmuring it to himself, "Is that why you like these old, black and white movies so much?" 

"I don't really care what movie we watch to be honest," you said as you wrapped your arms around his torso, "But it's moments like these, when it's just you and I cuddled up against each other, without any care in the world. Perfectly content and at ease. It's-"

"It's the perfect moment," Kris finished. You hadn't noticed he had been holding your left hand until you felt him remove the promise band he had put there nearly a year ago. You were about to ask what he was doing when suddenly a little black velvet box appeared in your vision. 

Kris removed the arm that had been holding you close and opened the box revealing a simple gold band with delicate carvings near the diamond in the center. Your heart was starting to beat at an irregularily fast pace.

"I know I probably should have done this over a candlelit dinner or have at least bought some flowers for the occasion. But I figure, if everything goes well, in five years or fifty years, we'll still be cuddling on the couch, perfectly content. And that sounds perfect to me." 

You were now fully awake and sitting up to face Kris. 

"You once gave me three wishes, thinking I would never use them. The first wish you granted, the second you weren't able to, so I'm going to try my luck with my third wish. I want to spend every day I'll ever live with you by my side, so I can love you and protect you, and I need to marry you to do that. So I'm going to ask you a very important question and I wish that you would say yes to it." 

"Kim Jangmi, will you do me the honor of marrying me? 

"...yes; yes I'll marry you." 

You were vaguely aware of the ring slipping onto your finger before you felt Kris' lips on yours. The kiss broke off with you bursting into laughter and throwing your arms around Kris.

"Yes!! Oh my goodness YES!!!"

You broke away and looked at the ring on your finger that was so breathtakingly beautfiul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter