Chapter 30 Christmas Day

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You recieved six phone calls shortly after midnight that night, from your six male friends. Each consisted of someone screaming,

"Merry Christmas!!" into the reciver and then hanging up. You stared at the phone for a few minutes after the sixth and final call. You were wide awake now so why not?

In the dark of your room, the glow of the light from your phone could be seen as well a the dial tone.

"Hello?" The voice of Luhan could be heard.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS LUHANNIEI!!!!!

You quickly hung up wondering what had gotten into you, but giggling to yourself after and then quickly going about calling the other boys. Kris was your last call and by then you were sitting excitedly on your bed.

"Merry Christmas to you too. . . " he said when he picked up.

"Awww Kris you're killing my buzz!" you whined falling back down into bed. You heard a small chuckle on the other line,

"I see you're joining in the tradition," he said and you could picture the small smile on his face. It made you feel warm on the inside despite the snowy December weather that brought a perpetual chill with it.

"I figured why not. . .I was awake anyway," you shrugged and leaned over to turn on your bedside lamp.

"Hmmm," he hummed into the reciever, "What did you do for Christmas in Korea?"

It didn't take long to anwser that question.

"Not much," you frowned thinking back,

"My parents weren't big on Christmas because they saw it as a pagan holiday," you rolled your eyes in the dark, "But as soon as we were able, my brother and I would secretly exchange gifts with each other in the attic."

"Your brother?"

"Have I never mentioned him? I thought I did..."

"Once or twice, but tell me about him,"

And just like that, you completly forgot about sleep and continued a two hour conversation with Kris about everything from your brother, to Kris' junior high days, to the time you laughed so hard milk came out of your nose.

"It actually hurts man, I don't recommend it," you said around small giggles.

"But at least you creatively blew out your candles," Kris said, the laughter from his end dying down.

"Yeah but I ruined my birthday cake," You said which brought on another round of whispered laughing.

You ended up falling asleep near 3am, when Tao woke up to use the bathroom and asked (more like demanded) to know who was on the phone with Kris at this hour. You chose this time to remember the original reason for your phone call.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS OPPPAAAAAA!!!!!"

You screamed into the phone and then hung up. It was only after your were settle under the covers again with the lights off that it registered with you;

You called Kris 'oppa.'

~~~~~

You put off going to Chen and Lay's the next morning as you did not want to face Kris or rather, Tao. However, when the duo came to get you and cram you between them in the back of a taxi, they remained oddly silent,

"You know-" Tao began and you in a deep breath,

"We could have gone with Luhan and Xiumin seeing as they have cars." You let out a shaky laugh as your nodded in agreement. Honestly, what was the big deal? It wasn't like he would take it the wrong way...would he?

At that precise moment, the taxi swerved sharply to make a turn and you ended up sprawled all over Kris. You were vaguely aware of Tao laughing in the background but you were more focused on Kris' arms that were no encasing you and setting you back upright.

"Be careful, okay?" He said with full eye contact. You nodded timidly suddenly feeling very nervous. Tao broke the silence,

"On second thought, I think we should ride in taxis more often," he said slyly. He was about to recieve two hits to the head when the taxi turned again and successfully slammed Tao into the window.

~~~~~~

"About time you got here," Xiumin called while eyeing a rather large present with his name on it.  

"Hey so we have a little problem," Lay called from the kitchen. You, Kris and Tao headed to check while it seemed the others were already aware of the problem.

"The oven broke this morning," Lay said rather glumly, "We called for pizza. Sorry though, it won't be our usual christmas dinner."

Kris didn't seem to bothered by the new information and Tao just rolled his eyes and muttered something like,

"You had one job..." 

You just patted Lay on the back,

"If it makes you feel better...." you paused trying to think, "I've got nothing. But hey, I'm sure whatever you would've cooked would have been better than what I can do." You offered a small smile before you and Lay sauntered out to find the others.

"We may as well just open the presents first," Xiumin offered still eyeing the large gift under the tree. You grinned and started towards the tree.

~~~~~

"Ahhhhh," Chen shrieked, "Jangmi I love you!! Be my bride!" The young adult had just unwrapped a gift basket full of 2NE1 merchandise and was currently in a state of ectasy.

"If I marry you, we're not naming our children after 2NE1," you said chuckling as Chen tried to fit a girls sweater over his head. At least he didn't know it was designed for girls.

Tao seemed rather pleased with his Kung Fu Panda poster and Luhan was already sampling the Nature Republic products you gifted him (You had asked Bo-ah to send some over).

"Oh my goodness," Xiumin breathed holding a poster of a shirtless Justin Beiber. His eyes were practically twinkling in awe. You leaned clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter