Chapter 25 One hell of a night

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hockey game ended up with all five of you in one tangled doggy pile in the center of the rink with the puck at the very center of the pile as well as the cause of the pile. You were unsure how it ended up like this but took Xiumin's advice from earlier and 'just rolled with the flow" (insert neck roll).

You could not understand for the life of you, how hockey had become a tradition for the boys when none of them knew how play it no more than actaully skate. You spent the rest of day taking a hot bath to relax every sore part of you, and napping.

The night seemed as though it would be uneventful. Luhan had gone to meet his parents for dinner as they were apparantly in the area for buisness reasons. Chen, Lay, and Xiumin had all gone out to eat while you, Kris and Tao opted to stay at the resort.

It was Tao's idea to order room service and watch a movie with you and Kris. And it was you who resisted the idea but eventually found yourself all crammed into one queen bed between Tao and Kris watching as Tao put it 'A Candian classic'; simply put you ended up watching The Hobbit, which you felt was in no way representative of Candian living, or any earthly way of living for that matter.

At least the room service was good. You were eating spaghetti along with Kris, who had actually ordered alfredo but kept taking from your plate the same way you took from his, and Tao also took from yours.

Tao ended up falling asleep near the near the end of the movie and Kris started to doze of as well shortly after apologizing for Tao 'rudely falling asleep during a movie'. You took it upon yourself to remove both their heads from your shoulders and place them on the pillows before placing the dinner dishes outside their door for pick up.

You also reasoned that it would be absolutely inappropriate if you didn't arrange Tao and Kris in a romantic sleeping position as they were sharing a bed. After a lot of huffing and a few close calls as they nearly woke up a few times, you finally got them into each others arms. It didn't end there however, as you took a few pictures and sent them to Chen who you were sure would make good use of them.

~~~~~~~

You had just walked away from Chen and Lay's room as you wanted to see if they had returned with Xiumin. As there was no response, you were guessing they were still out. You were about to enter your own room and head to bed, when you noticed a downcast Luhan coming out of the elevator at the end of the hall.

You hesistated, before going to meet him halfway.

"Hey," you called and he looked up at you, sadness etched over every one of his facial features.

"Are you okay?" his eyes seemed to avoid yours as he slowly shook his head 'no'.

There was a silence that resonated throughout save for the distant sound of the elevator closing.

"I don't know what happened tonight. . .with your parents," you started nervously, and you could feel your hands shaking slightly, "But do you remember what you told me?" Comforting people was not your thing, but it seemed that Luhan's eyes were now on you. You had come this far, why not finish it?

"You told me to remember that it's gonna be okay, if not now, then eventually. You told me that there's always someone to share the burden with you and that there's people who deeply care about us all around us."

The sadness in Luhan's face had long dissappeared. And he gave you a small smile which you returned before he took you in for a hug.

"Thanks," he murmered, "I just needed that reminder.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter