Chapter 31 Boxing Day and The sniffles

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day after Christmas in Canada, is called Boxing day. Kris described it as the Canadian equivalent of Black Friday, which was something you were vaguely aware of. Either way, it meant a day spent out at the mall. Unfortunately it would be just you and Kris. Xiumin and Luhan did their shopping online and Tao, Lay and Chen had to drop their partners off at the airport as they had only planned to stay for one semester. 

"I have everything I need and I refuse to go for the sake of going," Chen declared. Kris on the other hand, said he needed a few things, and dragged you along because he needed company, a woman's opinion, and he figured it was something you should experince while you're here.

And that was how you ended up back in the Prius with Kris driving towards the Canadian mall. 

"What exactly do you need from the mall?" Kris asked, eyes focused on the road.

"Nothing in particular. Probably a gift for my brother and his girlfriend. I forgot about them for Christmas," you shyly admitted.

"Ahhhh. I don't really need anything either, but I just like the scene."

"The scene?"

"Yeah, just the hustle and bustle. Everyone has a place to go, somewhere to be, and I just like the crowd."

"I'm not judging or anything like that, but Kris, that makes no sense at all! Aren't you even slightly afraid of being trampled, or looking awkward, just standing there admring people. You are taller than most..."

"I don't randomly stare at people," he said chuckling lightly, "It's like when Christmas comes and you get excited. Or when you get spring fever...."

"Ahhhh...that makes sense, I guess."

He hummed in response and made a right turn while you fiddled with your hands.

"Why are we in the Prius?" you asked, "I thought you didn't want to take your chances."

"I missed driving myself. Besides, this is rather out of my way and I didn't want to pay the taxi fee for this. My turn for a question." 

"Okay?" you asked hesitantly.

"What did you first think of me? When you  first me?" You had to laugh at his question. 

"Okay where did that question come from?"

"I was just remembering, the first time you drove with me in the prius was shortly after we met and I closed your hand in the door way."

"I still haven't forgiven you for that, you know," you said with a mock scowl. "I thought you were really good looking." You nearly whispered.

"Oh really?"

"Yes but then you opened your mouth and said 'Ayo wassup' and that killed it for me. You were so frustrating in those first ten minutes; and then you closed the door on my hand and I didn't think I would survive the year with you."

"And now?" he asked as both of your laughter died down. You had to pause and think how to carefully phrase this. The first thing that came to mind was,

'I don't want to leave your side.' But of course you couldn't say that aloud.

"Now...."you thought some more, "Now, I can't imagine having another partner and having as an amazing of a time like I do when I'm with you......and the rest of the guys." You quickly said the last part and turned to look out the window. You could practically feel Kris' eyes burning holes into you and you prayed that the light would turn green already. Thankfully it did.

The rest of the car ride was filled with a game you suggested. A type of 20 questions, wherein you would ask a question such as 'what is my favorite food?' and Kris would anwser it for you.

"I am rather impressed," you declared as Kris looked for a parking space, "I didn't think you knew me so well, but it would seems  you have been paying attention."

"The question is not 'have I?' but 'have you?'"he said as he pulled into a space, "I intend to bombard you with questions on the way home you know." You feigned mock horror at the idea,

"I'm sure I'll surprise you," you said confidently as you both got out of the car.

"Yes you have a way of doing that," Kris agreed as he locked the car and followed you towards the entrance of the supercenter.

"What do you mean?"

"You're just never what I expect. I think you'll do one thing and you do the complete opposite. You catch on to things quickly and while you can be a bit of handful, that's what makes knowing you even more enjoyable."

You didn't know if what he was saying was a good thing or a bad thing, so you ended up just smiling and letting him take you through the mall.

 ~~~~~~

An hour later, you still hadn't found anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter