Chapter 38 Valentine's day

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of course dating Kris didn't just take off smoothly the moment you both agreed to start a relationship. You weren't yet on that complex level where you could have conversations just through eye contact or you could communicate via body language. But as your friends happily informed you, you were both moving at beautiful speed.

You didn't need an exploding romance with lots of twists and turns, ups and downs. You loved where you and Kris stood. You loved walking out of a class hall to find him leaning in all his glory against the wall, waiting for you. Or when he would take your hand in his whenever you had to go somewhere. When he would stay with you to help you study even though he had no idea what you were doing; he just wanted you to know he was supporting you. Or the unexpected times he would show up at your door because he was hungry and wanted to eat out with you.

One thing you never would have guessed about Kris was that he like holding hands so much. Every oppurtunity he could find, your hand would end up intertwined with his. You didn't mind at all; it gave you a sense of security and safety. Cuddling was also another thing you loved, which is why movie night was such an anticipated thing for you and Kris. It never escalated past that though; you and Kris were both on mutal ground when it came to the idea of 'saving it for marriage'.

As the months smoothly transitioned into Febuary, a helpful reminder from Lay, made you realize that Valentine's day was coming closer and closer. You were absolutley clueless as to what to do in this area. When you though of Valentine's day, you though of chocolates, flowers, and teddy bears; none of which would be appealing or approriate for a person like Kris.

You actually ended up with a brilliant idea or sorts. You remembered when you had gotten home from that bittersweet roadtrip, that while unpacking, you discovered the chicken stir fry recipie that Mrs. Wu had made. The clever woman had snuck it into your luggage as well as a little note about how it was now your turn to make it for Kris.

You had forgotten about it and Kris didn't know about it, so you figured that you could maybe surprise him with that and a nice movie with dessert.

You wanted the stir fry to taste perfect and made it five times prior to Valentine's day. The rest of the boys acted as your guinea pig, eating the test runs for you, their reactions and ratings getting better each time. Pretty soon though, they got stir fry-ed out and starting experimenting with it themselves.

"Guys, try adding siriacha sauce to it!" Tao said in delight as he continue to mash his now red glob of rice around.

"Too spicy," Lay said reaching for a different sauce, "Barbeque sauce adds a different kind of flair."

"I'm more of a ketchup man myself," Chen chipped in. You decided it had better taste good, because that bunch was no longer reliable. 

"Guy's do not add mustard to this, I repeat; do not add mustard!!" Luhan cried as he wildly grabbed for a glass of water.

~~~

The day of Valentine's day you hadn't actually seen Kris. His schedule ended up being pretty crammed so you ended agre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter