Chapter 24 What does one do at a resort?

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The guys came to get you and Luhan  later that evening and you all had an enjoyable meal at at a restuarant in the lobby. Thankfully there were no mishaps throughout the meal with the exception of Tao ordering two hamburgers "Just the patty please" and a large steak which he later wrapped in a napkin and brought back to his room for Candy.

Xiumin and Luhan later stopped by your room and brought you downstairs to a spa area for "a well deserved time of pampering." This consisted of a facial, an exfoliating scrub, a massage, and a foot treatment. Since your one foot was bandaged, it was left out of the water and lightly massaged instead.

By the time the whole process was over you were feeling more rejuvinated? than you ever had before. That was until you got back to your room and faced an angry Kris.

"Where the hell were you?" he said with a voice sharp enough to slice through concrete.

"I was out with Luhan and Xiumin. . ." you murmered slowly removing your shoes and hobbling towards a desk where you had left your phone. You noticed the 17 missed calls from Kris.

"What the hell was I supposed to do when I found out you were missing?" Kris retorted noticing you looking between the phone and him.

"Tao and I were worried sick!"

Tao popped out of nowhere in a colorful onesie pajama holding Candy so that he could chime,

"Kris was worried sick. I was fine. I knew where you were; Luhan and Xiumin told me and told me to tell Kris. . .Wait. . .," Tao backed away now noticing the thundercloud descending upon Kris' face.

"I looked all over for you, I even checked the ski hills. And you were with those two?"

"I don't see the big deal here!" you responded, your voice raising nearly an octave. By this point, Tao had dashed back into his and Kris' room and hidden himself in the bathroom.

"Do you know how much it scares me to know someone close to me has gone missing?"

You were a little taken aback. Having so many friends was still such a new thing to you. And looking at it from Kris' point of view you could imagine the fear of losing someone.

"You're right. I should have told you. I'm sorry I worried you," You said looking at him.

"I'll stick by you from now on. K?" He merely nodded and gave a small smile which seemed to mean you two were over it and on mutual ground again.

"Have fun?" he asked as his shoulders relaxed a bit. You smiled a bit,

"Yeah. The prima donnas took me to the spa. It was relaxing."

"Mmm," he said clearly not knowing how to relate to a spa experience, "Um, sleep well. Yeah. Goodnight." He glanced at you one more time before heading back to his room. After the door closed, you let out the breath you didn't know you were holding and wondered if you would always feel so nervous around Kris. 

~~~~~

Breakfast the next morning was uneventful. Everyone at in silence enjoying the food until Tao piped up about how Candy was suffering indigestion and diarrehea from all the meat he'd fed her last night. After that no one really touched their food.

"So," Lay spoke, "It's out last full day here. What should we do?" you stared sadly at your half finished eggs. You forgot how quickly time flies. By late afternoon the next day you would be back on the train.

"We should play hockey!" Chen's voice broke through your thoughts, "It's tradition!"

You watched as each of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter