Chapter 33 Now what?

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unfortunately, when you woke up the next morning, all the stardust had worn away and you were left with the cold hard truth. You and Kris never actually established what was between you two.

Sure you had had a deep and very intimate moment on the rooftop, and he may have even kissed you were it not for the others showing up, but what did that mean at the end of the day?

When you really thought about it, the moment seemed appropriate and maybe that's what happened; you both got caught up in the moment. But you were sure it was so much more than that. Because while you didn't know about Kris, you knew that you wouldn't change what had transpired the night before. You didn't regret what happened at all.

You had to come to terms with the truth; you had feelings for Kris. How could you not?

Sure the first couple days were rough, but what came out of that had been amazing in it's own simple way. Kris had been there whenever you needed him whether or not he knew it, and you could tell the difference between him being there because he had to and him being there because he wanted to. He had protected you, listened to you, and cared for you. To sum it up, he had just been there with you.

You had been in relationships before, but none came close to what you felt towards Kris. Perhaps you had never really been in a real relationship. No one had captivated you quite the way Kris did; making you want to know everything about them. No one had ever thoughtlessly given their time to you the way Kris did, and no one was ever as sincere and caring to you the way Kris was.

But you were scared that it was empty and meaningless to Kris. And because you belived it was so real, you didn't want to imagine Kris rejecting what had happened. You wanted to sit down with him talk through it maturely. You wanted him to come clean about whatever he felt about you. Heck, you just wanted to see him.

Unfortunately, Kris wasn't at school that day. But that ended up working in your favor, because when you really thought about it, you had no idea how to face him or act around him. You would need those eight hours of class time until the club meeting to plan strategically.

~~~~~~

When class ended and the meeting finally came around, everything you at thought about saying or doing was completely thrown out the window. Especially when you saw Kris. You didn't see the usual grumpy face sitting in the corner as he snapped at Chen about being late and something or other. Instead you saw a tired, defeated, and sullen face. You instantly felt worried.

"What happened to you man?" Luhan said as he took his seat next to Xiumin. You ended up sitting across from Kris and you took to wringing you hands inside your hoodie pocket while the rest of your body was stiff like a board. 

"I got a call from my mother last night," Kris said, as he let out a small yawn.

"All good news, I hope?" Chen offered, encouragingly.

"Apparently, her New Years Resolution had something to do with me and how she should make a better effort as a mother."

"That's a good thing right?" Lay said, a bit puzzled as to why Kris still looked so down. Quite frankly, you all were.

"She's coming to Canada in two days and wants to meet with me." There were a few 'ohs' and 'ahs' that followed that statement but you remained silent.   

"If the effort is there and if it's mutual, there should be no problem," you tried, scrunching your brows as you tried to remember something from your psych class about this kind of thing.

"That makes sense," Tao said, and you jumped a little as you weren't aware of his presence.

"Is she coming to the campus?" Luhan incquired. Kris let out a laugh, though it didn't sound lively at all.

"No, she's going to the old apartment; I didn't even know she kept that place. As it currently stands, I'll be driving three hours north just to get a wild 'blast from the past,'" He groaned a bit at the end, and you had to admit that driving three hours north towards more snow didn't sound appealing.

"Do you need one of to come with you?" Lay asked, "Chen and I have a competition coming up so we can't make it."

"I'm part of that competition," Luhan said quietly, though it sounded like he just realized it himself.

"I can't come," Xiumin and Tao flat out admitted.

"You could always take Jangmi," Lay said thoughtful and it seemed like every face in the the room aside from yours and Kris' brightened at the idea.

"Oh yeah!" Tao exclaimed, "You're becoming a psychiatrist aren't you? You could play mediatior."

"I really don't think that's a good idea," you mumbled, "I don't want to insert my self in other's buisness."

"Please," Chen scoffed, "You're getting a degree so you can do just that. If there's anyone who can bring out a more sane side of Kris it's you and you could help guide him through the trip."

While Chen's r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter