Chapter 35 Lets have a talk

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay this is the last chapter before the big talk betweeen Kris and Jangmi aka the dropping of the bomb. That chapter will be uploaded on friday (idk it's like this website is more active on fridays and saturdays that's why I usually update then).

You woke up the next morning, buried in massive fluff that was Kris' duvet. Upon looking up at the ceiling, you discovered a bunch of superhero posters taped to it. You made a mental note to about it later. You got dressed quickly and went to the bathroom to do the usual morning prep.

You were about to tie up your hair, when you remembered a certain phrase a certain someone had said to you. You ended up leaving your hair down, loosly arranged around your shoulders.  

Breakfast consisted of mini 1serving cereal boxes Mrs. Wu had picked up at a convienince store along with little cartons of milk. Kris went to take a shower shortly after you emerged from the bathroom so it was you and Mrs. Wu. 

"Can I ask you a question?" Mrs. Wu said, studying you as she leaned against the counter. You nodded and she asked, 

"How much do you like Kris?" Your spoon fell from your grip, and while your mind still wasn't functioning, you had known the anwser since a long time ago. 

"...Very much," you whispered, staring holes in your corn flakes. 

"Imagine my surprise, when my cold son brings home a girl. Imagine my greater surprise when I find out how much he changes around that girl, and how much she changes around him. And when I realize, that this girl may be one of the best things that Kris has experinced in his life thus far." She took a breath and continued. 

"I like you Jangmi; I like you a lot. And I think that my son feels a lot more towards you than just a little crush; I can see it every time he's near you and you've been here for less than a day. I don't know if it'll mean much to you....."

You felt like she was going to say more, but Kris chose that moment to enter. 

"Jangmi," Kris said as he entered the kitchen, "We need to leave a little earlier than planned." 

You looked up from your cereal as well as Mrs. Wu, who looked a little down. 

"Why?" you asked a little startled. 

"The snow storms coming quicker than I expected, it's already starting to flurry a bit," he said as he took his own cereal bowl. 

You nodded as Mrs. Wu spoke up, 

"At least stay for lunch..." she half spoke half pleaded. 

"We can do that," Kris affirmed. Mrs. Wu smiled and then clasped her hands together. 

"Wonderful!" she exclaimed, "Oh! I should cook something then. I'll run to the store." 

"Mom..." Kris said and it was the first time you had heard him call her 'mom'. Judging by her expression, it was also the first time he'd said it in a long time. 

"Um..."Kris started shyly, "Can you...uh...make that one chicken stir fry dish you made when I was younger?" 

Mrs. Wu looked like she was about to start crying. She otped for sniffing a bit before saying, 

"Of course.....I would love to." You watched the small interaction with a smile before speaking up, 

"Why don't I go to the store for you?" you offered, "That way you two can have some time together, since we're leaving earlier." 

"Are you sure?" Kris asked, even though he probably wouldn't have let you change your mind. You nodded and Mrs. Wu gave you a brief hug before she scurried off to write down an ingredients list for you. 

"I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough for all that you do," Kris said taking his first bite of cereal. You smiled, 

"You and your mother seem to be making things right with each other, giving you one afternoon is the least I can do." You placed your empty bowl in the sink as Mrs.Wu came back and started giving you instructions to the store. 

"Kris, why don't you walk her down and make sure she gets a taxi?" Mrs. Wu said. Kris nodded and moved to put on his shoes, as you went to go get your coat. 

You were already seated in the cab, when Kris knocked on your window and you willingly rolled it down for him. 

"If something goes wrong, call me okay?" you nodded. 

"If someone looks at you wrong or grabs you, run okay? And then call me and I'll come find you. Or if you get lost, just call me and--" 

"Kris," you said trying not to laugh, "I'll be fine, I promise," you said convincingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter