Chapter 10 Info+Dinner= Baby Steps

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The awkward silence was killing you; you hated that it was becoming a common thing. You also hated when others were mad at you. It made you realize that you had once again done something wrong. This time the offense was serious: you had come between a group of guys who had been friends for three years, and in the span of an hour, had managed to tear them apart. 

"I'm sorry," you murmered quietly, not quite making eye contact with Kris. "I'm sorry for. . . for being a nuisance to you and your friends. I never really do well with social interaction and this is just another example." 

Kris sighed in the drivers seat and glanced at you in the rear view mirror. Yes, you had opted to take the back seat on the off chance Kris exploded into flames. 

"It's not entirely your fault," he said forcefully, "Tao and Chen are too trusting with people and form bonds to quickly whereas Luhan prefers to send them through hell and back before he sees them fit for his liking.You were just the victim this time." You appreciated his non-biased assesment of the situation and for once, his presence didn't bother you. Especially since he played superman for you back in the club meeting. 

"Still," you continued, "It is partly my fault you always have to babysit me. . .I'm sorr-" Kris cut you off. 

"Will you stop apologizing?" there it was; he finally erupted, "I agree! You're in the wrong but please! I hate listening to you blubber in the backseat. Just see what happens if you cry on my interior." A part of you smiled at his words. For one, he exploded so hopefully he wouldn't have any harbored hate left about what happened. 

Two, he said please. And three, he reassured you he wasn't bi-polar. It would have been nice if the kind version of Kris stuck around a little longer, but it was almost comforting to know things were back to 'normal'. 

"Do I have to apologize to the others?" you asked timidly. Kris shrugged in the front seat, while turning into the campus parking lot. 

"I doubt it," he said while scanning for a good parking spot, "Just laugh at Chen's jokes, smile in front of Tao, and. . .maybe apologize to Lay. He's not as over looking." You nodded while listening to his advice. 

"What about Luhan and Xiumin?" you asked gathering your bag as Kris had now parked his car. You noticed he parked in a way that took up two spaces. You didn't get it, he didn't even have that nice of a car. Unless you considered a silver prius superior to all other cars. 

Kris seemed to think about your question as he walked around his car making sure it was 'secure' before clicking his keys and waiting for the 'chirp chirp' that meant it was locked. You watched him with raised eyebrows. 

"There isn't much you can do about those two but just accept whatever they pull on you. The others seem to like you so they might ask those two to go easy on you, but just don't cry or anything like that. It makes it that much easier on them. And if anything, try to get Minseok to like you; Luhan won't do anything after that happens." he rolled his eyes picturing the way Luhan was at Xiumin's beck and call and Xiumin didn't even realize it. He noticed you weren't walking next to him anymore. 

"Who's Minseok?" you asked rather lost. Kris rolled his eyes and kept walking while you caught up with him. 

"That 'Xiumin's' actual name. He's really Korean but Luhan wanted to be in the same club as him. So Luhan 'brilliantly' came up with the name Xiumin to make him sound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter