Chapter 13 Thanksgiving Part 3

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Comment and vote for faster updates. Enjoy reading!!

15 minutes later, Chen's minivan, Bom, was pulling back into the campus with a speed that should have warranted them a ticket. The entire table had panicked after Lay announced his observation and they had swiftly raced out of the restaurant, much to the pleasure of everyone still in it. 

Kris assumed that Tao would probably wait outside the dorm building and he was right. The headlights shone upon Tao's figure, which was curled up on the front step of the empty dorm building. He was cold and all alone, with the exception of the plastic wrapped fruitcake he was still clutching onto tightly. He jumped and ran at the car. Kris exited the car, and ran towards him leaving Chen to turn off the ignition and grumble about, "Misuse of other's property." 

Kris was expecting the frail Tao to run into his arms and mumble to never leave him alone again. What he got was a fruitcake thrown at him. It bounced off his broad chest and landed in front of Luhan. And while Tao became busy yelling at Kris about 'abandonment of a minor', though he was well over 18, a bemused Luhan used his foot to kick the fruitcake in your direction. 

It slid over rather easily given the smooth concrete and the slippery plastic covering. You stared at it and then at Luhan, who for the first time, was wearing a playful smile on his face as he nodded his head at you. You gave it an experimental kick back in his direction. It was intercepted by Xiumin, who then kicked it towards Chen. Chen dribbled it towards you pointing at you as if to mean you were on his team. He passed the now slightly smushed cake at you. You stopped it and motioned for him to run so you could pass it. 

You kicked it hard, as it was quite heavy, but Luhan intercepted it and laughed, catching Lay's attention and he came over to join your team. Luhan got confused and passed it to Lay, who sent it on to Chen. Chen got intimidated by an approaching Xiumin and kicked it as hard he could in your direction. You decided to kick it while it was still in motion and that was how it ended flying into Kris' backside. 

He paused, mid-arguement with Tao and glance at the cake before asking, "Who did that?" Four hands pointed at you, and you bowed your head towards the ground. Suddenly, the fruitcake slid back into your view. You looked up at Kris who smiled at the five of you and said, "I'm on Luhan and Xiumin's team." Tao took this as his cue to scurry to your side. You wrapped the scarf you had been wearing around his neck, assuming he was still cold before muttering, "Sorry we forgot." He shrugged and pointed towards the already moving fruitcake.

And just like that, all of Tao's frustration went away.

~~~~~

"You know," Luhan stated from the front seat of Bom, "I don't think Tao has any right to be mad at us anymore. Not with our current situation." Luhan was referring to the fact that all seven of you had to sleep Chen's car. Chen also refused to allow the car to be on for heat as he didn't want the battery to drain.

~Flashback~

After the game of fruitcake soccer had died, it occured to all of you, you still hadn't eaten. But you couldn't get back into the dorm building. And that was when Tao decided to speak up,

"You see," he said in a shy tone, "When the fire alarm went off and you guys all tried to take care of the turkey, I took the fruitcake, as a peace offering, and went to catch the Dean before he saw the mess. And so I went to him and he became suspicious of me, so he led us back to the dorm. But the door was locked because you guys left, and so he thought I was trying to break in, especially since mine and Kris' dorm is on the floor above Luhan and Xiumin. So he kicked me out and locked the main doors with the master key."

He went silent after his confession and Kris face palmed. It was true; between 6am and 10pm the entrance into the dorm building was unlocked and anyone could enter the lobby; maybe even the dorms if you left it unlocked. But after 10pm. it was locked. Or unless a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter