Chapter 2 Making Plans

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You headed for the door not bothering to grab your phone, wallet, or wait for the couple who were now scrambling about trying to grab their bags and put their shoes on.

You walked on without them, while making a mental note to yourself to apologize for your behavior later. Your mind felt so muddled about so many things; why did Woohyun do that to you? Were you really cheating material? You didn't want to become that girl who can't get over boyfriend and then becomes all insecure, but these were your honest thoughts. You let out a deep sigh as you reached the elevator, you pressed the bottom floor and watched the doors close just as Jaejoong and Bo-ah tried to board. You really felt bad, but you pushed that to the back of your mind and told yourself that you'll apologize later. The elevator dinged before you knew and you were on the first floor. 

You approached the exit doors just as Jaejoong and his girlfriend came running out from the stairwell and towards you.

"Really you guys, I'm fine. You made sure I'm decent and fed and can't hurt myself. The rest is really out of your control."

Scolding them like that and watching their faces, you felt like mother who denied her children Peppero at the grocery checkout. . . well minus the wagging finger. The couple glanced at each other while you impatiently tapped your foot.

"Look, I'll make a compromise. I will call one or both of you if I need to talk it out and in return, you guys trust me enough to have my own space. Honestly, I can't even remember how I set my alarm clock last night no more what happened. Another time please." you muttered the last part yet hoped they heard it.

And so, with reluctanct goodbyes, they exited your college campus. You watched their back view fade before shrugging off the nostalgic thoughts of how it felt to hold hands like they did. You sharply you heel and headed back to your dorm. Going out? No way in hell with the headache you had. A few more swigs of that purple liquid and a couch pillow and you would be fine. Well at least fine for the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~

The next day proved to be another challenge. With the magic of deodorant, dry shampoo, and perfume, you were able to appear semi hygenic. There wasn't much you could do about the green sweater with an unidentifiable, circular stain on the shoulder. You just told yourself it looked like water and covered it with crossed your arms. You figured it was a nobrainer to not carry along your essay with jangjumyeon stains on it so you sent an e-mail to your teacher and headed out the door. You sat in the dark lecture hall and waited for the teacher to come.

You had chosen the farthest corner in the back so as to remain unoticed. The only real sign you were there was the faint light coming from your laptop. It was the start of your third year at University. Two weeks in to be exact; it was already shaping up to be a crappy year. You mentally cheered to yourself to be stronger. . .you hated feeling down and weak and there was no way you were going to degrade yourself over a boy like Nam Woohyun. The entrance of your teacher halted your thoughts and you figured you may as well learn something.

Your teacher droned on and on during the lecture about the basics of English and it's importance. On a normal and alert day, you would have found this speech odd coming two weeks into your second year of this course. But you felt like you had been hit with a truck (you never did well with alcohol, whether it was the drinking part or the hangover), and chose to rather study the grains in the shiny wood table rather than listen. That is until you heard the phrase 'study abroad' mentioned. You had completely forgotten about that.

You chosen to stay in Korea last year, as you and Woohyun were just getting comfortable not only in college but also in your relationship. Being madly in love, you obeyed his request to stay by him. But this year, you were single and looking to escape. Your grades were good, you could speak English rather well. You could always use Jaejoong's travel miles to get the plane ticket. You ears perked up.

"Basically," your teacher stated, "This university has partnered up with a university in Canada and in the USA. Half of us will be going to Cana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter