Epilogue

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update if you didn't read the last chapter, you might wanna:)

3 years later (time skip because I can) 

"You're doing it wrong," a little voice called as it's owner tugged on your leg. 

"I know what I'm doing," a tired you said while biting back a harsh remark. 

"Bet I've done it more times than you," a little voice called back. Upon looking down you discovered a smug smile on the face of the three year old.  

"Bet you haven't," you challenged. The little girl stepped around you and climbed onto the counter. Upon reaching the carseat, she fastened the clips at an impressive rate, 

"Bet I have," she smirked. You bit back a groan and proceeded to help her down from the counter, and then help her and the baby in the carseat into the car. 

You drove for about five minutes until you reached a house in one of the nearby suburb neighbourhoods. Upon arriving, you were greeted by Jaejoong, who happily took your three year old neice in his arms. 

"Thanks for watching her sis," he said stopping for small talk by the window of your car, "Bo-ah's been busy with the new baby recently and we just wanted a day off-" 

"No need to explain," you said, cutting him off,  "Just so long as you do the same should I fall into the same situation." 

"Did you want to come in for a moment?" Jaejoong offered as his daughter already ran inside. 

"No, Kris is expecting me," you said, "But say hello to Bo-ah for me and give a kiss to baby Joonmyun, ok?" 

Goodbyes were said and you were soon driving again, this time to a more busy part of Seoul. You came to the small building you were looking for and parked in the near empty parking lot. You shut off the car engine but didn't get out, you instead leaned back and closed your eyes for a moment, involuntarily thinking about the past couple of years. 

You and Kris had gotten married in May, around a year after he proposed. By then, Bo-ah and Jaejoong were expecting their first child who was your energetic and snarky little niece. Lay had long since moved back to Korea and was balancing graduate school and a long distance relationship sucessfully. It was around the time of your wedding, that Chen and Lay had used their software and technology degrees to get decent jobs and soon it was Lay who was looking for an engagment ring for Meihui, while Chen was just getting serious with his girlfriend, Eunjung.

About a year after you and Kris got married, Kris, Luhan, and Xiumin finished their graduate business degrees and Jaejoong helped them get jobs at the company where he worked. Things seemed to be going fine, until the engagement party of Lay and Meihui, when everyone seemed to confess just how unhappy they were at their current jobs, except for Tao.

Tao had started his own little agency the moment he had gotten his design degree and things had suprisingly taken off. It was after he mentioned the abandoned building next to his, that the gears starting turning in everybody's heads.

After much convincing, Lay convinced Kris to use his buisness skills and help him open up a dance studio in that building. After much saving, negotiating, and renovating, the studio was opened and Lay finally admitted to having his dream job. Sehun, who was an amateur dancer, was one of the first teachers with Lay and they eventually hired Sehun's friend, Jongin, to help with the growing number of classes.

Luhan eventually stopped working for Jaejoong when he realized corporate business was not for him, and that was how the studio opened up a vocal branch wherein Chen and Luhan led vocal classes, eventuallly hiring Chen's former work friend, Baekhyun to also help with the growing number of classes. Tao had also gotten involved, constantly bouncing between his agency and the studio not only because he did the interior design for the building and designed the website, but also to make sure no one was getting handsy with his Sehun. 

The studio seemed to take off as it's location near the center of Seoul was conveinient for business. Xiumin struggled for a bit as to whether or not he wanted to join in and quit his buisness job, and eventually he chose to be closer to Luhan. There wasn't much for him to do at first so he helped Kris out a lot with the buisness part of the studio, but he soon opened a smaller part of the studio wherein he taught piano lessons. It wasn't the most sucessful or credited part of the studio, but Xiumin found peace in teaching and playing the piano, and it allowed him to be with his loved ones, so he had no complaints.

Around the time of Lay's wedding, big things started happening. Bo-ah and Jaejoong announced they were pregnant again with a second child, and Chen proposed to Eunjung during the wedding reception. During the afterparty, when you declined a glass of champagne, you finally told Kris you were pregnant. He was so happy, you didn't ever think you would be able to forget the magnitude of his smile that night.  

After news of your pregnancy broke, Kris wanted you by him at all times. You happily quit your job as a school counselor and started working as a receptionist for the studio. As it turned out, it made everyone's lives much easier now that there was a designated person to anwser the phone and schedule things since no one had to leave class anymore to do that. Though there were plenty of times you missed phone calls because you were wasting time with Kris in his his office, which no one appreiciated since Kris was the on top of most of the big operations in the studio such as finances and all that business stuff that made the studio run.

One day, about a month ago, you were eating lunch with Luhan when your water broke and you soon found yourself being rushed to the hospital with labor contractions. Kris nearly fainted in the hospital room which almost made you laugh were it not for the labor pains. After 22 long hours of labor, you finally delivered a little baby girl. Kris cried tears of joy that day when he first held her, "Look at w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter