Chapter 41 Time lapse

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spy with my little eye, the end of this fic in sight. It's still a ways away, but you can already see it in the horizon. I've also decided, to morph several different chapters into this one. Otherwise there would have been like 7 extra chapters that have like one paragraph of real plot and the rest is a filler. So I decided for my sake, your sake, and time's sake, to combine some of those ideas. Enjoy! 

The month of Febuary carried on without any more complications, thankfully. You thouroughly enjoyed watching the whole Xiuhan relationship develop. You secretly wondered if you and Kris had resembled them. You had once tried to have double date with the couple but when Chen decided to crash that idea and join the dinner party, the Xiuhan duo got very annoyed and soon decided to leave and have a night out on their own. 

Chen didn't mean to have crashed the night, he really just didn't know it was meant to be a double date. Lay had been preoccupied with some upcoming dance project, Xiuhan was dating, you and Kris were dating and Tao.....no one really knew what Tao was doing. 

"I'm all alone," Chen whined, which in turn caused him to spit half chew breadstick all over you and Kris. You suggested that Chen find a girlfriend and all he said was that he had someone in mind but they hated him. 

"Your receptionist?" Kris meant it to be joke but given Chen's silence, your eyes widened. 

"What?" he exclaimed, sliding further down in the booth, "I like this frenemy thing we have going on. I just want to know her better, I didn't say I wanted to marry her." 

"Whatever you say man," Kris said just as the waitress came over to serve the food. 

~

But what was happening with Tao? You found out by surprise one day when you walked into the door, looking for Kris, only to find Tao. Precious baby Tao who had dressed himself up in leather pants and a black and white wife beater. You also noticed the eyeliner and the multiple earrings. He was giggling obscenely while webchatting with someone who sounded like a Korean male. You quirked an eyebrow but didn't say anything until a few days later when he was walking you to class. 

"Who's Sehun?" you asked casually. Tao halted in his path and turned to you, 

"How do you know my Sehun?" you tried to ignore the possesive pronoun that came before the name. 

"You kept talking and laughing with whoever you were skyping and you mentioned his name several times." 

"He's just.....he does.....me and him......" Tao struggled to find the right words, "Sehun was my online tutor in Korean and English. And then we just kept skyping and I don't really know what we are now. I kind of like him. Like, I like-like him." It was cute to see Tao so shy like this, and you could only hope that this Sehun guy treated him like the spoiled princess he was. 

As for Lay, you rarely saw him anymore and you were beginning to worry that he had fallen off the face of the earth, when one day, he called and asked both you and Kris to meet him at the one coffee shop he had taken you to so long ago. 

Kris was in the middle of feeding you a piece of cake when Lay finally showed up. 

"I see I haven't missed much; just the usually sickeningly sweet couply stuff," he remarked as he watched Kris wipe powdered sugar off of your cheek. 

"We hardly look like a couple," you retorted to which Lay frowned and gesture to the matching couple shirts you and Kris were wearing. 

"This is just a coincidence. It's laundry day and this is what was left," you defended though you could still remember you and Kris excitely buying them and wearing them whenever it was just you two at the dorms. 

"Anyways, why are we here?" Kris said as he sipped boredly on his iced coffee. 

"Ah," Lay said as he took a seat, "I have a favor to ask the both of you. I have my end of the year project coming up. This project counts for my final grade so you had better do your part." 

"And just what is our part?" you asked. 

"The project is to come up with an elaborate musical number. This includes instrumentals, vocals, and dancing. I'm doing the guitar, and Xiumin agreed to play the piano. Chen and Luhan will do the singing, I just need two people to do the dancing." 

"No way!" "Tell me more" Kris and you spoke simoultaneously and Lay just smirked. 

"The teacher gave me the theme 'eternal love' because apparantly, my style is too upbeat and he wants to challenge me," Lay blew out his bangs in frustration, "So the music will be acoustic and the duet between Chen and Luhan will be a slow ballad I wrote about the innocent love between a boy and a girl. I choreographed the dance with you guys in mind." 

You smiled at the idea while Kris groaned a bit. "I can't dance, and from what I've seen whenever Jangmi plays music in the kitchen, neither can she," Kris said and you whacked him.

"Well of course I would teach you," Lay scoffed as though it were so obvious, "We still have about two months before the big recital. Please? I practically got you guys together, you owe me this much." 

And that was how you ended up dancing with Kris nearly everyday after school. You were both terrible at first but soon enough you both picked up the steps. You were still surprised at just how well Chen and Luhan could sing. 

"I knew you guys helped out in the music and arts department, but why didn't you guys major in it?" 

Luhan shrugged, "I love music, but it didn't seem like as stable future; I wanted to do other things. Besides, music is a hobby I like to do on my own time. I'm afraid if I made it a full time thing, my love for it would slowly dwindle away."  

"And that is wonderful but we nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter