Chapter 22 Excursion Part 1

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was on vacation for the last week or so and in Iowa/the middle of a cornfield, the service isn't great so I couldn't update then, and then in Chicago, it wasn't really on my mind (I friggin love the city atmosphere). But I'm back now, and I'll prolly do a double update. Enjoy this chapter. 

Kris kept true to his word and the next morning, he was picking you up. You watched as he effortlessly lifted your luggage with one arm and loaded it into Bom. Chen then drove the group towards a train station, so that you could board train 7 and arrive at the resort by nightfall.

The train ride wasn't really uncomfortable, but it wasn't something you would do if there was another option. Tao assured you it was better than driving seven hours in a crampt Bom. As for the seating arrangement, you sat across from Tao and Kris, and across that side of the aisle was Luhan and Xiumin across from Chen and Lay.

Tao kept trying to play cards or word games with you, each idea you mercilessly shot down. But of course, with his rebound rate, he bounced back and was already moving on to the next option. That is, until Kris suggested we play 'who can be quiet the longest' game.

You were pretty sure you dozed off while listening to music and awoke to Kris right in your face. His face turned red as he spluttered something about you being unresponsive, him thinking you were dead, and checking for breathing while Tao snickered in the background.

"Would you have done CPR? Owww!!" Tao's giggles cut off with a stuffed animal to the face. Luhan scoffed across the aisle and muttered something about 'the classless people he was assosciated with'. Lay just shook his head and Kris was trying to calm his red face.

"Cmon, I'm hungry," he said after clearing his throat.

You rose from you seat as Kris did from his and you both sucessfully hit heads and fell back into your own respective seats. You let out a strangled moan, while Kris let out a groan that would have been incredible y had it not been for the current situation.

"Jangmi! Kiss him better. Owww!! gege, that hurts," Tao was now also feeling the pain as Kris had substuted a plushie for his hand this time.

~~~~~

Dinner in the dining cart was another disaster. Tao spilled his drink all over your shirt making making it cling to you in an unflattering way. He was ready to wipe the water off your front with a napkin, until Lay slapped some sense into him and offered you his sweater in the meantime. Only Xiumin noticed that Kris was also getting ready to offer his sweater to you but tried to play it off when Lay beat him to it.

Luhan was shamelessly flirting with the waitress, which would have been more tolerable had she not been pushing her late fifties. You looked away after he started winking at her.

Chen tried to order in an Italian accent and made a point to order items that weren't on the menu so he could cry out, "Mamma Mia!" every time he was told something wasn't available.

You were having trouble with reading all the english because the words of seperate foods were combined into one combo word so that there was more space on the menu. Chen ordered for you, and you were grateful for it, until a combo platter meant for at least five people arrived and your jaw dropped while Chen was reduced into a fit of laughter as well as a punching bag for the other annoyed members at the table.

Xiumin, who had caught on from the start of the prank, hadn't ordered anything so he just shared with you, though there was still a lot of leftover.

~~~~~

By late afternoon, you all reached the resort. You had a small room connected to that of Kris and Tao. Tao was overjoyed for some reason while Kris was at best, indifferent.

You didn't know how but somehow, Tao had gotten the idea into his head that he should try and set you up with Kris as he truly believed it would benefit everyone. You had been 'asleep' at the time but still heard him explaining the theory to Lay who just hummed along as though crazy theories were something Tao created weekly. You wouldn't be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter