Chapter 6 Phonecalls and Introductions

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay so this is a triple update. Two chapters because I'm supposed to update twice a week and then a bonus chapter because I forgot. This won't be a regular thing so from now on please expect two updates twice a week on time. First update starts back at chapter 4. 

 

As it turned out, you received a whole dorm to yourself due to the odd number of students in your class and the fact that there were only three girls including yourself. The other two girls were close friends and wanted a room to themselves. The rest of the girls in your class had gone to the USA as it appealed to them more. You were completely fine with having a room to yourself, the concept wasn't exactly new. The room came with the basic bed, dresser, desk, and closet. You were aware of the money your brother and his girlfriend had given you so you could furnish your room a bit. You had strongly denied the gift, but Jaejoong was 'financially comfortable' as he put it and wanted to help his dongsaeng as much as possible.

You glanced around the bland room. You probably strongly contrasted with the harsh white of the walls as opposed to your nearly all black attire. Either way, you unpacked your clothes where you wanted them and your toiletries in the bathroom. You put your clothes in their rightful places and pulled your sheets over your bed. You only had one suitcase left and that mostly contained underwear and other miscellaneous items.

Feeling bored with unpacking and seeing no immediate need to unpack that suitcase you decided to take a walk around the campus. You met up with your teacher on the way out and was informed that the other students had left with their partners for dinner. You had nearly forgotten about your absent partner. Your eyes narrowed and you grew agitated. Where the hell was he? Never the less, the teacher handed you a packet of brochures my 'mentor' as he put it, would have given me. They just contained the basic campus rules, map and a few food and entertainment guides. You shoved them into you shoulder bag and headed out.

You gave brief notice to the fact it was slightly colder in Canada than it was in Korea. It made sense, Canada was slightly more North after all. You walked around the campus once to help you familiarize yourself with it before spotting a small cafe across the street.

"Tim Horton's," you sounded out alound.

You ducked inside it and ordered a small black coffee as well as a donut filled with some sort of cream. You wanted to take it to go, but you recieved a call from Jaejoong, so you decided to take it to go anyways and find a bench outside. You sat sipping your coffee while waiting for Jaejoong to finish his usual tirade of questions.

"Soooo. . . ," he asked taking in a large breath of air, "How is it so far?"

It was then you realized how crappy your traveling encounter had been so far.

"Well I basically spat water on someone not even an hour into being here, my own partner hasn't even shown up to meet me, and I had to find m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter