Chapter 15 Adventures at the Mall

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I still don't see why I have to go," you countered as Tao continued to drag you through the mall, "I don't do very well at big social events." Your words bounced off Tao as he continued to drag you through the mall. "You said numerous times that you wanted the full experience of living here," you were about to cut him off saying you never said that, when he continued, "And a wild college Halloween party is the perfect example of a culture shock." Yes, the group was dragging you to a Halloween party.You didn't even know there was such a thing until yesterday's club meeting. 

~Flashback 

"I have arrived everyone," Luhan announced as he flounced into the dance studio ten minutes late. Heads were all turned and eyebrows raised at the Chinese, who was now bending down to sit down next to Xiumin.

And that was exactly the issue; the duo hadn't walked in together.

"You know how to travel on your own?" Tao snipped at him. Luhan rolled his eyes at him,

"Of course I know. How do you think I managed before Xiumin?" There was a small silence before Chen's voice was heard,

"Your mom of course." He meant to whisper it, but he hadn't and now was dodging a flying water bottle thrown from Luhan and then another as Xiumin wasn't pleased and offered his bottle to Luhan to be thrown next.

"Seriously, where were you? You were still late," Kris called while eyeing Luhan who was awkwardly shuffling on his to get his water; apparantly he was too lazy to stand. Luhan had sucessfully reached the corner where the water bottles were and was now shuffling back to Xiumin with one in each hand. He turned to anwser Kris' question.

"I was getting the final alterations done on our halloween costumes," he chirped eyeing the two bottles in his hands as he now didn't know whose was whose.

"Just share like you always do," Lay called as he noticed Luhan's issue. Luhan just put both bottles back on the floor and looked to Tao who posing a question. "Costumes for what?" he asked.

Xiumin rolled his eyes clearly annoyed with what he thought was an obvious question.

"Halloween," he trilled, adding stress to the last part of the word. A round of "ohhhhhs" chorused throughout the room.

"Yes," Luhan added, "That girl. . .the one with name like that abominable fast food chain, is hosting the annual dorm party." You were confused by the description of 'the girl' Luhan was talking about, but didnt' want to risk sounding stupid. And that was where Tao came in,

"You can't name a girl Mcdonald's!" Luhan judgingly looked up and down Tao's person in a manner that suggested the was wondering why they were friends.

"Her name is Wendy. . Tao. Wendy." He shuffled around in the inner pocket of his coat before pulling out some invites and throwing them into the middle of the usual circle.

"She said to extend the invitation to you guys. If you need some costume ideas, I have some I was going to use. It's perfect really. . .You guys will still look nice as you will have been indirectly dressed by me, but Xiumin and I will still be superior to you."

The others scoffed and reached for an invitation while you remained in your spot. Tao noticed your lack of mobility and slid one across to you.

You returned it saying, "I don't think I'll go. Probably just have my own party with Netflix." Tao tugged on your sleeve however and started whining,

"But you have too! I wanna see you in a costume." You ignored how weird his request was and shook your head 'no.'

"It just won't be that fun for me," you said while pushing the invite to Kris, who was next to you, "It's going to be too loud, someone's gonna do something stupid, and I don't handle alcohol well."

Kris seemed to perk up when he heard the last part. "Well we'll just send Tao along with you to find a costume, and just stick by Lay the entire time; the boy is the best kind of birth control out there with his dull attitude." You noticed Lay frown at the comparison of him and birth control.

"I'm not exactly trying to get a girl pregnant, Kris. And you just made it sound like the rest of you would get Jangmi pregnant," he snapped.

"But say you were," Chen said, "Say you wanted to. . .breed the perfect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter