Chapter 12 Thanksgiving Part 2

The Exchange Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Colossal apology to anyone who saw the epilogue. Because the story is mostly written but the chapters are hidden, I was finishing the epilogue but didn't hide it (I was so tired!). Here's a chapter to make it up! Don't worry we still have much to come. 

Lay quickly turned towards the oven which you only now noticed was starting to smoke. He readied his left hand on the oven handle and covered his mouth with the other in preparation of what was to come the moment he opened the oven door. Kris on the hand, had somehow found a fire extinguisher and was ready the moment Lay opened the oven.

Smoke poured out and Kris starting frantically spraying at the turkey, not bothering to aim around you and Lay. It only occured to you after Kris stopped spraying that the turkey had never been on fire, just some gravy has spilled and burned on the bottom of the oven. 

The kitchen was a disaster. Canned corn and cranberry sauce chunks what part of the floor was visible. The rest was covered with the white foam from the fire extinguisher. There was also a big smoke stain covering the ceiling and to add the cherry on top, the fire alarm was still going. 

The delinquent three boys had come out of hiding and were now assesing the situation. Chen sauntered over to the window. "You're lucky everyone else in the building went home for holiday," he said in a rather nuetrel tone. It was a good thing, otherwise they entire building would have had to evacuate. However the time at which Chen said it made it fall upon deaf ears.

Xiumin appeared to be standing on a chair removing the battery from the fire alarm so it would stop beeping, while Luhan waited below, arms extended, urging him to come down before he fell. He did eventually come down, accepting Luhan's hand as soon as the beeping had stopped. All three entered the kitchen area at the same time and soon all five of you were staring at the turkey. 

It was your laughter that broke up the silence. All eyes shifted to you to find you leaning against the counter genuinely laughing. Not one of them had heard you laugh aside from Chen hearing a small giggle the time he told you a joke.

"What's so funny?" Chen demanded. You gasped for air around your continuing peals of laughter,

"It's just. . .that. . .that I. . .I told you it would end. . .like this!" Your laughter started to fade but you were still smiling as you nodded towards the turkey. "We should do this again for Christmas!," you let out a small gigle while motioning at the white, foam covered turkey and then at you and Lay, who were also covered with foam. 

Kris threw the fire extinguisher to the side with a bang! and gestured at you and Lay.

"Get changed," he barked, "We're going out." You were about to ask how you could change but Lay already pulled you towards Luhan or Xiumins room and threw you a black t-shirt and an oversized blue sweater while he picked a a grey shirt and a red sweater. He pushed you towards th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter