untitled #25

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

“Hyung.” 

Jinki turns to find Minho looking gleeful, for whatever reason, hand in the air for a playful slap. And when did the younger even appear? He’s like a little troll or something, popping up whenever.  Jinki understand what he wants though, he gets that much at least.

He stops fiddling with his clothes in the small dressing room and turns fully to Minho as the younger still approaches with his hand held high. Jinki smiles, nearly mimicking Minho’s goofy grin, if that were possible in the first place. His hand shoots up and he steps forward, readying himself for a high-five. He’ll just have to ask later why they’re even high-fiving. Maybe Minho won a game again. Who knows.

Jinki giggles a bit as his hand flies forward, ready to meet Minho’s in a manly victory shake. Jinki misses though, only because Minho suddenly swings for a low-five instead. Jinki blinks at Minho’s expression that’s lost the silly grin. 

Not this again. Really? Jinki sighs inwardly.

It was funny and cute the first few times, but now it’s getting old. Leave it to Minho to keep running with a dead joke. Jinki vaguely wonders if Minho is even aware that it isn’t fresh and funny anymore. 

Minho’s hand lifts again, silly, innocent grin back, and he waits for Jinki to go again, fingers wiggling as a sign to give him another high-five. The smallest laugh falls from Minho’s mouth, thinking he’s so very clever and proud of it.

Jinki blinks, gives the dead joke a momentary thought, as well as his surroundings, then steps forward quickly, bumping into Minho hard and awkwardly enough to get the younger stumbling backwards till he hits the wall of the small dressing room close behind him.

Jinki quickly presses his mouth to Minho’s before anyone can walk back into the room, or hopefully so. His timing has been known to be off. Minho nearly squeaks in surprise. It amuses Jinki, though it’s not like their lips haven’t met in the past, for whatever dumb or reasons. 

Jinki pulls back slightly as he slaps the palm of his hand to Minho’s fallen one in a low-five. He grins wide and proudly while Minho blinks in obvious bewilderment, the one left confused now.

“Minho-ya.” Jinki kisses the younger’s cheek quickly while intertwining their fingers together where their palms had met. “You need a new joke. Comedians feed off new material or else they just dry up.”

Minho’s mouth moves but no words seem to come out, only a cracking voice speaking jumbled sounds and wide eyes nearly cross-eyed staring down at Jinki.

“My joke was funny, see? You’re speechless.” Jinki nods proudly. He’s still a growing comedian after all. He’s got to think on his toes to become the best he can be. It probably wasn’t the wisest choice to kiss in a public place, especially when he’s berated the younger in a hyungly fashion for being too hands on with him personally in public. Oh well, it got him the upper hand this time. 

Minho finally mumbles, “Hyung.. I was only..” 

Jinki pulls completely away and continues fixing his outfit, back turned to Minho. He listens to the younger shuffle around before stepping out of the room without a word. Jinki shrugs and laughs to himself. Maybe that will need to be his new counter move whenever Minho’s jokes fall flat. But then again his mouth might hurt from all the times he would have to do it, because Minho isn’t a comedian. Not at all.