pups

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 


Jinki sits nervously with the cutest little puppy he’s ever seen rolling around the floor. He giggles at the sight, but also he still is wondering how to settle the fact that after work he stopped into a pet store he had been passing, so terribly bored with how mundane and repetitive his life has come to be since graduating and finding an office job. His roommate, or rather his boyfriend, wouldn’t probably like the fact he made such a decision without him and even worse, on a total whim.

Be assertive, Jinki thinks.

Before he’s really sure how to go about it, Minho returns from class to prepare for his part-time job, shoes kicked off at the entry and backpack dropped neatly in a corner where it will remain until he studies. “Hyung..” he whines tiredly, hands scraping through his hair. Minho is greeted with whiny barks. His head tilts until he finds Jinki sitting on the floor with a softly yellow haired puppy between his legs. “Hyung..?”

“I got a dog,” he laughs, shoulders shrugging and eyes crinkling. He looks more than happy. “Isn’t it great?”

“But.. wha..”

“I was bored, I wanted something exciting again.”

Minho stiffens a bit, words hurting when they weren’t meant to. Did that mean he was boring Jinki. It’s a sudden and awful thought. His shoulders slump at the sight of Jinki playing with the dog, looking really cute and possibly not needing him anymore.

Jinki stands, pup scooped up in his hands, taking too many steps close to Minho who looks like he’s never seen a dog in his life. “So it’s okay, huh?”

Minho takes a breath, “I don’t know..”

“I won’t bother you about ,” Jinki insist as a bargaining chip, and he’s being completely honest.

Minho makes a face, not sure if he likes the idea or not. He didn’t need the for ually reasons as often as Jinki but he does like the close and intimate part of it, feeling needed and able to satisfy.

Jinki holds the puppy up in front of Minho’s face again, wiggling it with a urging, “Huh-huh..?”

“Fine,” Minho frowns, or thinks he is. Jinki sees it as a sulking pout, and if Minho is feeling he will be neglected over a dog well he’s greatly mistaken.

“You’re not mad?”

“No.”

Jinki is one to quickly ramble onto the next subject, “I was thinking of naming him Socks, or Soda, or Little Fatty cause he eats a lot..”

Minho knows right then that the dog’s name won’t be decided for some time. Jinki will probably run through a lot of food related names before he’s done.

“Or.. you can name him,” Jinki drops the pup in Minho’s arms, quickly stepping back with a wide grin. Minho looks slightly bewildered, eyes wide and hands not sure where to grab the small thing that consists of fuzzy puffs of fur like he might break it. “This is really cute.”

Jinki pats Minho’s cheek with a wide grin, head tilted. “You’re still my number one~.”

Minho blushes, flustered all over again by Jinki’s simple charm, and then he blinks wide eyes as suddenly Jinki hurries around the apartment, dragging a huge bag of dog food from a closet. Each step he drags it kibble spills to the floor from a tear in the bag. “Oh.. it got a hole..” Jinki sighs.

Minho sets the struggling pup down so it can run to the food and feed with a tiny wagging tail. He decides he will give it a few days before making any hasty comments. Then again, it’s Jinki’s home and he’s just a roommate helping with bills – a live-in boyfriend also, but that’s less publicly discussed.

Minho really doesn’t have a chance. He cringes at the food all over the floor, already dreading the mess of owning a dog. Minho grabs a broom to clean before he can even try to prepare for work.

It’s a several days later, after living with the pup that was actually growing on Minho and he had named ‘Pooh’ cause he thought he was hilarious, that he slips in a puddle of dog piss over wood floors, nearly falling with a shout. He quickly set his heavy load of schoolbooks and laptop at the couch, study time interrupted before it even began.

“Lee Jinki-ssi!” Minho shouts, wobbling on one leg and pulling a wet sock off his dirtied foot. Jinki is supposed to be training it, and Minho had been helping when he could, but the dog just isn’t learning fast enough for him.

Jinki appears from the back bedroom, little pup Pooh following close behind him still looking like a pot of puffy honey. His smile is wide and sweet, knowing the full name shout meant trouble so he needs to ease the atmosphere. “Yeah?”

“Your dog peed,” Minho tosses his sock to the floor beside the puddle, marking the horrid scene. “Clean it.”

Jinki, the less cleanly one and knowing he could crawl under -retentive Minho’s skin, pouts with wide eyes, mimicking the look Pooh gives him all the time now.

Minho takes a calming breath, face rubbed with both palms, “I.. I’ll do it.”

Jinki smiles and barks like a dog, which leads the pup to follow suit. Minho hates he’s so crazy for Lee Jinki he becomes a pile of pushover goo. He’s either insane or truly in love with the man, and somehow that’s okay and keeps him waking up happily each morning.