untitled #13

untitled*

 

onho; het; fluff (superman au)

 

 

 

 

Jinki cringes at the noise of buttons tearing on his dress shirt beneath a cheap suit. He’s slammed against a wall of the small room at work, stepped back with the stumbling fall of Choi Minjung, who usually isn’t all that clumsy. It’s an odd sight to behold, though he can’t think long on that because that awful tearing sound and what it means.

Minjung looks up with a silly expression, finding Jinki’s big glasses crooked and mouth open in surprise. She’s about to say sorry, explain the part about having a terrible hangover from last night, but leave out the bit about getting plastered waiting for Superman to visit her, all dressed up and feeling beautiful, but he was a no show. Today she just dragged herself from bed and feels a gross mess, barely put together.

“Eh..” Jinki’s voice shakes with that nerdy nervousness of his, “I.. you okay, Minjung-ssi?”

The obvious tear of his clothes grabs Minjung’s attention, brows furrowing with guilt at ruining Jinki’s stuff. He’s a nice guy, weird but nice, so he certainly doesn’t deserve the mess she’s making. Minjung tries to fix it, as if she could actually mend popped off buttons without needle and thread. Hands roam a chest that seems oddly familiar somehow, she can’t quite place it.

Jinki grabs at Minjung’s wrists, but it’s too late. The woman gasps, stammering with all the shock in the world. “Jin- what.. supa..man? Why…”

“I can explain,” Jinki chews his lips, eyes smiling behind still lopsided glasses, voice smoother than that of typical Lee Jinki the odd co-worker. He adds in more typical Jinki fashion, shoulders scrunched and smile big behind geeky glasses. “Surprise?”

Minjung takes matters into her own hands, pulling from Jinki’s tight grip only because he allows it in not wanting to her the woman, then Minjung yanks more of Jinki’s close open, finding more of that signature outfit that only one man wears – Superman.

“I don’t understand this.. Jinki-ssi?”

There’s loud noise outside the room, dragging both their attention to the door that is soon slowly opening. Jinki looks around desperately for a place to hide, but his clothing is too exposing of who he really is to find a proper hiding place. His quick thought is to grab Minjung, arm wrapped around her waist, taller body pressed to his, and leaping out of the opened window. He barely makes it before co-workers are stepping into the room, only noticing a slight breeze and one female heel randomly forgotten at the window.

Jinki quickly flies the rest of the way to the top of the building, other hand over Minjung’s mouth in tine to catch her scream. He lands on the empty rooftop, releasing Minjung, watching still behind crooked glasses as the woman stumbles back with wide eyes, hand pointing at him and dress flowing all over in heavier winds of the outdoors. He cringes again, but this time at feeling bad he lost one of the woman’s heels somewhere in the commotion. She looks silly trying to take steps with only one, long slender legs totally off balance.

Choi Minjung still looks awfully cute Jinki thinks. He smiles despite the fact his shirt it torn open enough to reveal his true identity and those annoying glasses still sit on his face crookedly.

“Supa- Superman!?”

Jinki shrugs, lips pressed in a wide grin.

Minjung holds her head, looking to be lost in a conversation with herself as her gaze falls to the ground. “No no.. Lee Jinki.. the little nerdy guy I work with, he’s superman- all this time been superman right under my nose? No.. that can’t be..” she decides this isn’t reality, Lee Jinki can’t be the man of unearthly powers that so many admire and adore for his heroic deeds, the man she’s possibly deeply in love with, the man who has saved her life countless times now. She must still be asleep after all that drinking late into the night. And speaking off, if this is a dream, then she has every right in her next actions.

Minjung’s face turns to a frown and she limps forward, close to Jinki. She snags the glasses away, looking harder, some challenging glare, before her rigged posture fizzles and she stands before ‘Superman’ with a pout and throbbing headache.

“Why did you stand me up last night, huh? I waited all night and you never came to see me.” She pokes roughly at the clothing of Superman behind Jinki’s simple suit.

Jinki stares dumbfounded. “He was- uh..” he starts but quickly corrects himself, ever too used to referring to Superman as someone other than him. “I was supposed to come?”

“Well yeah.”

Jinki wasn’t aware of that. He must have missed the signals again. Women are complicated like that. “I’m sorry,” his head tilts with a tiny smile, and with glasses off and that uniform visible under average clothes it’s so obvious the two are one in the same.

Minjung leans closer, mumbling “This is insane… I’m still dreaming. Does this mean I’m attracted to nerdy Lee Jinki? What is my subconscious trying to tell me?”

Jinki blinks, not knowing the answer. “But, “ he tries to explain, “You’re not-”

Minjung’s mouth suddenly crashes into Jinki’s, taking a kiss, long arms wrapping around the shorter man’s shoulders, those glasses of Jinki’s - and only Jinki’s - still gripped tightly in her hand.

Jinki is confused and dazed once Minjung pulls back, possibly smiling like a dweeb but he can’t really tell.

She whispers between them, “This can’t be real..” yet, somehow despite it all, it makes sense they are the same person. It’s in their gentle touches and soft smiles, those reassuring gazes, it’s in the way they care too much, the two even have a hint of the same scent she loves. She can take it in being this close to Jinki right now – or Superman. Whoever he is.

Jinki answers somewhere from cloud nine, maybe even more in love with Choi Minjung than ever before. “You’re right, can’t be..” he tugs Minjung back into a kiss, deeper this time, eyes closing and fingertips brushing the soft of her flushed cheeks.

Lee Jinki and Superman’s lives are about to get interesting again.