just friends

untitled*

 

onho; fluff, angst

 

 

 

 

Minho is still trying to dance as Jinki pulls keys from the younger’s pocket as they standing in a building’s long halls, maybe even y dancing with the awkward hip grinding, and yeah if Minho wasn’t so wasted he would tell him that’s no way to get a girl, but then again Minho in his right mind might possibly know that – maybe.

He allows it to continue, Minho leaning on him as he unlocks the door to Minho’s small apartment. Jinki is once again taken aback by how neat it is despite all the stuff he owns, stacks of things here and there, and he silently wonders if Minho is OCD and doesn’t know it. It would explain some things.

It’s a struggle getting Minho inside his home, but once he does, Jinki lets the door swing shut, dropping Minho to the floor of the entrance to remove shoes. Minho kicks feet with childish kicking, and Jinki’s head throbs, loosing patience with the amount of drinks he’s had himself. 

At least he’s not plastered though, like someone. Minho’s younger age shows again, a lot even when he’s drunk. Jinki sometimes wonders why they’re even as close of friends as they are.

“Come on, up up.” Jinki urges once shoes are removed, staggering with Minho’s taller height to the guy’s bed in the corner of the large room. He drops Minho again, to the bed this time, quickly pulling off a jacket with a heavy sigh.

“Hyung, hyung.. did I do well tonight?” Minho asks, looking for praise again, like the insecure young guy he is.

Jinki’s not sure what he’s referring to, so he just nods with a gentle smile, giving the other that assurance he seeks. “Sure you did.”

Minho blinks hard, glazed stare distant. “Awwesome…”

“Well, you can sleep this,” Jinki motions at Minho’s disheveled, drunken sate, “Off now, and I’ll see you Monday.” 

With no reply, Jinki turns to leave, but his wrist is caught, stopping him. He turns back to watch Minho’s lanky body try to stand up straight, but he’s still left swaying and disorientated. 

“Hyung.. hyung,” Minho mumbles drunkenly.

Though annoyed and wanting to get home because it’s honestly late, Jinki gives his friend a moment of time for more drunken rambles. 

“Hyung wait.”

Chapped lips smash to Jinki’s, weight of Minho basically falling into him nearly knocking them to the floor. He grips Minho’s arms, trying to steady the two. He shoves enough to get Minho’s mouth off his, eyes wide and bewildered. “Min..-Minho?”

Minho smiles, small teeth visual behind parted lips and red face childish. It falls though, and Minho looks more his age, sad even. The happy drunk is gone. With a cracking voice, Minho lisps in low slurs.

“I really like you… really-really like you..”

Jinki stares at Minho’s wetting eyes and lip nearly quivering, a look about him that said he finally got a huge burden off his shoulders – or at least a big part of it. Jinki’s head pounds harder, overwhelmed and unsure what to even say to this. His mouth hangs open in a stuttering breath. He needs to leave. Now. 

Whatever this is, it can’t possibly happen.

Silently, Minho’s head slowly leans on Jinki’s, whatever fight and energy in him depleted. Jinki takes in a shaking breath, eyes closing. He stays a little longer, for his friend.