balck and blue

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

Jinki nurses Minho’s black eye with slight pressure, lips and bitten as he listened to Minho explain how he got popped in the face by some freakishly big third year in a misunderstanding. Jinki glances around the room, glad his parents aren’t home to find this awkward mess. It had been a good call to drag Minho to his closer, and empty, home.

Minho pulls his uniform tie loose, still cringing in his seat. “He was like.. the biggest guy ever, hyung. I didn’t stand a change..” he defends his teenage boy pride.

“Plus he er-punched you, right?” Jinki adds, knowing the answer already even if Minho’s lying about it.

Minho points at Jinki with a straight face. “Yes.”

Jinki nods and pulls back the cloth wrapped around melting ice. 

“How do I look?” Minho asks, cringing slightly with a smile and face that screamed baby innocents, reminding Jinki how young the first year is again. How he even got into a fistfight is beyond Jinki. Sure he’s tall, but there’s not a lot of meat on the kid’s bones. Hardly a fair fight, even if Minho would claim to beat anyone thrown his way.

“Hm.. Like a train ran over your face,” Jinki answers and presses the icepack back, gentler.

Minho yelps and groans, fingers fiddling with his school vest as a distraction. “Well, it’s over and let’s forget about it.”

Jinki’s eyes narrow. “No, I want to talk to them.”

“No you don’t.”

“Yes I do.”

Minho fidgets, “No really, it’s fine.”

Jinki presses a little harder, growing annoyed with Minho trying to protect some jerk. “Is he in my class?”

“..No..” Minho answers in a quiet, little voice now. “Not your class..”

Jinki sighs. He drops it for now, pulling the ice away to press warm lips to a swelling cheek, making the best of being home alone and causing Minho to jump and face redden. Jinki smiles when Minho tries kicking at his legs, mouth pressed in a disgusted pout.

 

 

Jinki’s pretty sure he’s narrowed down the third year classes to just one the bully could be in. With a deep breath and confident boosting tug of his uniform, Jinki steps into the classroom that was on break, teacher away.

“Who hit the first year?”

Busy chattering stops and all eyes turn to Jinki with confusion. 

Jinki explains further, weight shifting on his feet but deep voice booming louder, showing his seriousness. “Who hit the first year Choi Minho.”

There’s silence and Jinki begins to sweat, worried he failed to pick the correct classroom. Students glance around with each other in confusion and whispers. Jinki is about to step out and forget the whole thing when I hand raises from the middle of the desks.

Jinki blinks wide eyes and the student stands as everyone watching, curious of the drama. 

“I did,” the soft voice of a relatively small girl confessed. Her finger reached to twirl her hair, lips curling into a smirk and showing even though she’s small she’s anything but innocent.

“A girl..” Jinki mumbles. 

“You want to fight too?” she asks.

Jinki shakes his head, glance around the room then begins to sidestep out of the classroom with an awkward smile. “No. You.. uh.. nice day.” 

Voices whisper loudly while Jinki scurries back to his own classroom.

 

 

“You didn’t..” Minho eyes widen, or rather one while the other is still swollen and darkly colored. “You did?! Hyung!”

“What..” Jinki looks a bit guilty now, head falling. “I just wanted to protect you..”

Minho hops on his feet in a flailing dance of anger and frustration, voice bitten back. 

Jinki looks around, making sure the two are alone where they stand outside the school building. “I didn’t know..” his lips curl into a grin, somehow able to laugh now, “It was a girl that beat you up.”

“She didn’t beat me up!” Minho flails around some more.

Jinki laughs, back of his hand lifting to try to hide it as Minho whines with a puffy face somehow caused by a small girl.

“I told her I didn’t want to play one-on-one with a girl and she hit me, it’s true..” 

And next in the Minho mood stages, here is the cute sulking. Jinki grabs Minho by his tie, trying to calm him with a quick kiss to his cheek while no one is around to see them. Minho only fumes again, face redder than before.