untitled #9

untitled*

 

onho; het; (unconventional proposal series); fluff

 

 

 

Lee Eunsook never intended to let her secret slip, or fall in love, or hold a gun that particular person’s head after a night of crazy fights and possibly murdering a few bad men. She’s all razzeled; makeup smeared, long hair no longer in the stylish up-do, fancy dress torn with big s less supported and side slit up to her hip now, exposing the gun holster for her small and petite weapon of choice.

The woman, who now refuses to stay single and live the lonely, but undeniably exciting, life of a secret agent, spy person, y woman of power – whatever you want to call it.. Well, Eunsook thinks she’ll keep that last part because no man will take it away from her, even if she is in love with one. That woman is ready for big changes.

“So.. what do you say?”

Minho, the young man that caught her eye and she has used on her latest mission, which she feels horribly about now, but she would make it up to him. He sits on the floor, looking a mess and bewildered, and it’s understandable being that she made a slight oopsie mistake and he had nothing to really do with the target after all, like his dull personality was legit and not a super sly secret cover. Who would have guessed? Eunsook taps the barrel of the gun at Minho’s tuxedo that is more torn up than her dress, and there’s a bleeding cut on his forehead which almost causes her to pout and take him into her bosom to care for. It’s feelings like that, usual to her and something new, that this young man brings out in her. It’s refreshing.

“Are you going.. to shoot me if I say no?” there’s hysterics in his tone. Eunsook isn’t sure if it’s her proposal or the excite of a night literally full of explosions and ducking for your life. She loved that part, but apparently he didn’t so much. Civilian life is so curious to her and she has much to learn.

It could just be the gun though, but that thought doesn’t cross her mind.

Eunsook, too used to her line of work, gives some teasing like she’s totally calm and collected. She wiggles her gun against his head, long tangled hairs wrapping around it in a worse mess. “Maybe.”

Minho snorts some sort of choking laughter, face covered in his hands suddenly. “I.. don’t know what to say..”

Eunsook grins and brushes hair behind an ear, pretty earring sparkling in the flickering lights of destruction surrounding the two. “How about yes?”

It takes a moment, but Minho finally looks up at her, hands fallen and smile back. It’s the one she thinks she feel most for; sweetly innocent and oddly silly. It reminds her of what she wants, and it’s not this complicated life anymore. In the silence, Eunsook drops her pointed gun, and Minho keeps his smile as hers falls, because the longer she stares the more genuine and sincere it is, like he really doesn’t fear her, at least not in the sense she is most frightened off.

“You’re really crazy, and possibly not even the woman I got to know, but..” Minho nods slowly, “I’ll say yes.”

As Eunsook looks suddenly wobbly and a bit unstable, Minho cringes, eyes squeezing closed, voice a plea. “Please don’t kill me.”

Eunsook falls onto Minho in a big hug, smile wider than she can remember in so long. She kisses his cheeks, then his lips, nearly giggling with excite as the young man tensed up, because this cuteness is about to become her life and she can start over fresh.

While Eunsook tends to Minho’s slashed skin with fabric torn from her dress, gun finally placed back in her thigh-holster, she bites her lips and speaks over his whiny cringing. “Oh.. by the way, my real name is Lee Eunsook.. not Kim Misook..” she gives a silly tongue poking from her lips and crinkled eyes expression.

“Uh..” Minho tries to fix his half-missing bow tie and sit up straighter despite a pained cringe, like some true gentleman. “My real name is still Choi Minho, and I still live a normal, boring life. I wake up and go to work every day, same routine, then if I feel adventurous I might go out for drink or watch a movie instead of exercise.” He gives a small, quivering smile, still stressed from the night and now talking too much.

Eunsook squeals because it all sounds so perfect and it’s still, in her thirty years, what she wants in life.

“Should I still call you ‘noona’?” Minho asks, just beginning the peel the many layers that is Lee Eunsook.

She nods and her thumb to swipe blood from Minho’s face. “That’s a must, at least until we’re married. Then you can call me honey.”

Minho’s eyes widen.

“And I’ll call you baby-cakes or sweetcheeks or.. whatever it is normal boring people do.” Eunsook’s shoulders shrug and her rambling ends in a giggle.

Minho looks like he wants to say something, maybe explain the ‘normal boring life’ but Eunsook is suddenly shoving at him, shouting to get down, and she uses his bent over back to lean on and aim her gun at something emerging from the rubble some distance away. Minho only hears a loud gunshot, like many that night, and the sounds of probably someone or something dying.

Eunsook eases up. “Nearly missed one.. Boss would have been furious.”

Minho stares with wide, bulging eyes and Eunsook puffs at her gun as if there is smoke to blow, then twists it in circles on one finger with a smile, other hand on her hip smugly. “Pretty slick, right?”

Minho croaks, overwhelmed all over again. “Noona..”

Lee Eunsook marks that as her last job before retiring to Minho’s boring civilian life.