pickles

untitled*

 

jongtaeho; fluff

 

 

 

Jonghyun’s face was red from all his straining. He liked to consider himself the strongest one around here, yet this jar of all things would not open for him. He was about to throw the jar to show it ‘who’s boss’, but Minho wandered into the kitchen. Jonghyun wanted to punch that knowing smirk off Minho’s face as he stood there, now watching Jonghyun.

“Want me to get that for you, hyung?” Minho reached for the jar.

“I got it.” Jonghyun forced a smile and pulled the jar from Minho’s reach.

Minho practically lunged for the jar, tearing it from Jonghyun’s red, sore hands. He stepped back, looking smug. Minho gripped the lid of the jar, holding tightly and twisting.

Nothing happened.

Jonghyun blinked.

“Ah.. Wasn’t trying hard enough.” Minho said while shaking his sore hand to the side. His face set serious, ready to show Jonghyun up. This time he put everything into getting that lid off.

Jonghyun laughed, watching Minho struggle like his life depended on it. He was clearly growing upset the longer he went at it.

“Is someone dying in here?” Taemin asked as he stepped into the kitchen looking rather concerned after hearing Minho’s voice.

Jonghyun crossed his arms, “Yes. Minho’s pride.” Jonghyun smiled at Minho’s red face.

“No. There’s just something wrong with this stupid jar, that’s all.” Minho nearly threw it to the counter, smug attitude replaced with a frown, trying to cover his embarrassment.

“Really?” Taemin grinned, stepping over to the jar. “It must be pretty bad if you guys can’t even open it.” He lifted the jar, examining it before holding the lid to try unscrewing it himself.

“Taemin, I don’t think..”

“Don’t hurt yourself, Taemin.” Jonghyun spoke over Minho.

Taemin’s face grew very serious and the other two cringed, waiting for Taemin’s disappointment in failing. The jar might actually end up thrown across the room then.

It wasn’t long until there was a loud ‘pop’ sound in the quiet kitchen. Taemin smirked at his hyungs shocked expressions. “Need me to open anymore jars?” he asked, setting the opened jar down.

Minho only silently frowned at Taemin, and even more so at the jar that stole his pride.

“I hope you know,” Jonghyun said while stretching his muscles, “I loosened that for both of you.” He lied, but kept going, “Clearly you’re the bigger man, Taemin.”

Minho shot Jonghyun a glare.

“I thought we already knew this.” Taemin said, patting Minho on the shoulder.

“Hey.” Minho almost pouted, but he seemed to keep his frown in check.

Jonghyun wrapped an arm around Minho. “Well, you’re a bigger man than him at least.” He grinned. But it was quickly gone when Taemin socked Jonghyun in the gut.

Minho was obviously trying not to laugh at the stumbled over Jonghyun.

Taemin smiled, “I’ll open a jar for you hyungs anytime.”