army girl

untitled*

 

onho; het; fluff

 

 

 

Minjung quickly stood at attention as her superior officer stepped into the room she had been happily alone in a moment ago. She salutes, like any good male does, posture stiff, gaze forward.

“At ease..” Jinki sighs, looking worse for wear – maybe drunk if Minjung were to guess, since the man was known for hitting the bottle and she had witnesses it a few times herself. He takes a sloppy seat, head hung and voice groaning as if annoyed with something. His feet are kicked up on a nearby box, just making himself comfortable, apparently.

Minjung gulps, hand pushing through her short hair that is still hard to get used to. Then arms cross subconsciously, not only try to hide small s that are bound and hidden well under thick military uniform, but also to guard herself, not wanting a slip up that gives her away, since she is a women pretending to be a man in a ‘man’s world’.

“Minho.. Minho,” Jinki speaks informally.

Minjung’s big eyes wide, mouth falling open in a lisping stutter, not expecting such familiarity between the two. “Uh. Sir-“ she clears , deepening a voice already fairly low for a female. “Sir, you need something?”

“Another drink..” Jinki looks up, expression blank. Minjung can’t read anything off of it, other than the man in fact does have really handsome features and she hates herself for noticing again. She pauses a moment, then takes a step, readying to find the officer a drink. A hand grabs her though, stopping the young woman.

Slowly dry lips, Minjung is nervous staring down at Jinki’s still expressionless face, not sure if she’s done something wrong in attempting to find the man his drink. Her hand his swayed from side to side as Jinki’s lips twitch up into a grin, eyes crinkling. He laughs, and it grows loud and breathy.

Minjung laughs too, forced but trying to fit it like she often does.

“You’re so tall, how..” Jinki mumbles, as if musing to himself, “Good fighter as well..”

“I’m a boy,” that’s answer enough for Minjung, born a tall girl with a bit more strength than most the girls she had been raised around. It works to her advantage in this environment.

Jinki waves a hand, laughing again in hiccuped giggles. He sits back, dropping his grip on the other. A moment passes with a heavy sigh out of the man. “Minho,” Jinki says sternly now, whatever playfulness fleeting quickly.

“Yes?” Minjung nods with a smile still, speaking informally to her superior officer.

“Let me see your .” Jinki’s hand tugs on Minjung’s pant leg, and the young woman chokes on a breath, knowing she’s screwed the second Jinki drops his feet from the box, looking up at her with narrowed eyes and a serious soberness about him that explained he had been faking everything – maybe he always faked it.

“Private Choi, that’s an order,” Jinki says louder with authority. He certainly isn’t playing anymore.

Minjung pulls at short hair, smile crooked and awkward as she steps back with forced laughter, nearing the closest door for a running escape. Her legs are longer after all.

“Sir..”

Jinki watches, waiting. Minjung notices again how good-looking the man is and curses her life and the fact that she’s likely to be soon locked in a cell for breaking such laws in a world not meant for women, and it’s not fair at all.

“Sorry sir!” Minjung salutes, out of habit, and slightly out of admiration for the officer even if he will throw her to the wolves for being a woman. She turns, hurrying out of the room with wide eyes, accidentally bumping into a short man from her team who whines “Minho!” as she passes in a stumble, still making an escape. Even in a panic, she has time to turn with a quick apology to her teammate before turning a corner. His frown turns into a smile, not able to stay mad at the guy everyone seemed to like for some reason.

Jinki blinks at Minjung running away, unmoving. He sighs, sits back again feet up and arms falling behind his head, grinning. Looking to the ceiling with a soft hum, he whispers, “Interesting..”