untitled #31

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

Minho peeks his head around the corner to find Jinki relaxing on the couch, phone in his hands as he plays a game. Minho smiles, mouth opening, but Jinki speaks first without looking up.

“No. I’m busy.”

Minho’s shoulders slump and he walks out of his failed hiding, face a whiny pout. “But hyung, just for a little while, we could eat? I’ll buy~.”

Jinki doesn’t respond.

“We could walk to the lobby and back even,” Minho offers, clearly desperate for anything. “It’s good exercise.”

Jinki glances at the younger now, still not understanding the need to hang out. He’s perfectly content playing games on the couch with his time off. “I’m fine, you go.” Jinki smiles and turns back to his game, missing the younger’s ears redden before his face fell to another pout.

Minho sighs and steps closer to Jinki until he’s sitting on the older’s bottom as Jinki lays out on his stomach over the couch. There’s a shouting laugh and a bit of flailing before Jinki speaks again.

“I told you to go by yourself, go on, have fun.”

“It’s not fun without someone,” Minho drops a hand to Jinki’s back, teasing smile falling.

“Then ask someone,” Jinki explains, giving another grunty laugh at the teasing of the younger still sitting on him.

“I did, I asked you.”

“I mean someone else.”

There’s an underlining seriousness to Minho’s low voice. “I don’t want someone else.”

Minho’s smile is gone, fingers picking absently at Jinki’s top – a subconsciously longing effort the older misses. Jinki’s hand reaches back to tap Minho’s thigh, signaling for him to get off and the silence meant he was serious. Minho doesn’t push the teasing further. He gets up and drops on the couch beside Jinki while the older sits up now, cellphone left aside. He smiles his own teasing grin as he leans over to flick Minho’s nose, leaving the other with a silly face. He figures the darting eyes and red cheeks are part of the teasing.

“Why are you so bent on being around me? You go off and on, like some childish mood swings between months.” The near harshness of Jinki’s words are softened by his smooth voice. “I’m not a plaything, huh?” he says, as if he’s never teased the younger like something to play with.

“I know,” Minho speaks with a firm voice, but appearance shows he’s withdrawing little by little. “I just want to.. do stuff.” 

“We do do ‘stuff’,” Jinki assures, cell lifting back to his attention. “We work together a lot, see each other a lot. We’re friends. We don’t need to go out to confirm it.” He pulls a pillow from nearby, resting it in his lap as he begins his gaming.

“I like you though. It’s different.. somehow.” Minho’s head lowers slightly, gaze off Jinki and suddenly small voice sounding like some confession of a great sin.

“I like you too,” Jinki mumbles back, sincere that he likes Minho as a great friend, but focus back on his game. There’s silence again, Jinki’s lips bitten while his score grows from is gaming and Minho’s hands rub together nervously.

Jinki takes a misstep in his strategy choice when chapped lips squish to his cheek suddenly and very unexpectedly. He vaguely wonders if there’s a camera around and this was just teasing skinship and he missed the memo. “Wha..” Jinki’s nose wrinkles and he smiles at Minho, lips barely twitching into one. He’s genuinely confused and Minho’s anxious and tense expression doesn’t help him understand any better.

Minho quickly stands, backing away with an awkwardly smile and tripping over belongs left out by roommates. He speaks again, loud and lispy, “Nevermind, forget it. I’ll go alone. Thanks.” Minho nods his head, looking like some insecure schoolgirl with an awful crush from Jinki’s high school days.

“Uh..” Jinki touches his cheek, eyes following Minho before he left his sight. Jinki doesn’t know if he should begin looking for cameras or cut down on his playful teasing of the younger who was somehow growing more clingy towards him with each joke.