niece

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

Minho is typing on his laptop at the small desk in the apartment’s main room, eyes rubbed tiredly and fingers sore from working on a class paper. Jinki flips through more channels, still enjoying his late night snack, and not envious of the homework load the other holds. Really, both were ready to call it a night soon, or maybe Jinki would hold off again, falling asleep out on the couch since he’s been stuck sleeping with his roommate since their guest had appeared once again, dropped of at the doorstep with a bag, staying Jinki only knows how long.

A few days, a week, maybe a month. 

Jinki slumps in his seat, wondering how he’s so cursed and generally has a y extended family. He sips his drink, choking a bit when slaps against the wood floors from tiny bare feet shuffle into the room, big eyes looking to him behind a fluff stuffed animal. 

“Oppa! Monster!” Yoojin hides behind her little friend, clearly frightened of something. 

Jinki sits up, mouth wiped and eyes wide. He’s pretty sure he had just put his little cousin to bed, what is all this suddenly? Jinki awkwardly smiles, knees rubbed. “There’s no monsters, huh? Right Minho?” Jinki looks to his younger roommate, giving him the eye since it is his room after all, who knows what horrors could lurk within it, really. His roommate is the cleaner one among them, so Jinki had no reasons to enter that bedroom often.

“Eh? I.. huh.” Minho seems a loss for words. He spins around until he’s facing Yoojin across the room, and the small girl runs on her tiptoes to stand beside Minho, big eyes looking up at him and stuffed animal sat on his lap just cause.

Jinki sits still, a bit jealous how readily his own cousin rushes to none-family instead of him. It’s not like he purposely tries to be awkward around the kid, it’s just his nature. Minho had better maternal instincts than himself. Jinki wonders if he could sit Minho down and pick his brain to collect that charm from the younger he obviously lacks.

Minho softened up, smile warm, and just as child-like as Jinki’s cousin’s. Still weirds the older out, his cousin bringing out the cutesy childish appearance in his adult friend. He wonders if any one else sees it or what.

“I’m sure there are no monster in my room,” Minho’s head tilts, hand touching Yoojin’s small head. “But I can look if that will help you sleep?”

The young girl nods her head, little hands tugging on Minho’s shirt to get him up in a hurry. The young man laughs and swoops up Yoojin to carry her back to the room – keeping her smile on and soft giggles going to ease the fear.

Jinki munches on more snacks, eyes narrowed as the two disappear down the small hall and into Minho’s room. “That’s my cousin..” he grumbles. Jinki debates sprawling out on the couch, not wanting to share a bed with his roommate again or wake to clinging the younger would brush off the next morning as having a bad dream and thought the older was a pillow or something odd like that.

If Jinki didn’t know any better, he would swear his roommate liked sleeping in bed with him more than his own room - like he enjoys all the changes that come with Yoojin’s visits, in too many ways.

Once Minho returns without a small pajama bundle following closely behind him, Jinki is annoyed and satisfied the girl was put back to bed, needing the secrets to putting a child down for bed - where in they stay put. Minho drops beside him on the couch instead of going back to the desk. His head falls to Jinki’s shoulder, voice a whiny sigh.

“Let’s go to bed, I’m tired.”

Jinki tenses up, eyes side-glaring Minho because someone shouldn’t be so eager to go to bed with him, unless a pretty woman or something. Roommates, best friends, nah that’s just weird. 

“Or I can sleep here..” Minho snuggles against Jinki’s shoulder more, eyes closing. 

Jinki flips through channels again, nervous for some reason, and ever oddly noticing how nice Minho smells again, body even growing comfortable to his close contact. 

“Hyung,” Minho mumbles, eyes still closed. “I promised her ice cream tomorrow to keep her in bed..”

“Hah,” Jinki finds a laugh, Minho’s tactics not so special. “She’s going to drag you all over town for it.” His friend ordered around by a small child did amuse Jinki; there was that much.

Minho’s silent a moment before answering like someone drunk on exhaustion, “I don’t mind. She’s cute.. It must run in the family.”

Jinki crunches loudly on food, mind wandering to who was growing weirder quickest with a little cousin jumbled into their lives. He finds a shrug and relaxing place, settling that he needs to get laid, or Minho does, or they both do. They need dates.

He’s soon rubbing tired eyes that glance at Minho, finding the younger really passed out asleep on his shoulder. It’s almost cute, if Minho were a girl or a small child. 

Jinki falls asleep on the couch too, head leaning towards Minho, body relaxed and warm pressed against his friend. Jinki dreams he’s the only one changing and growing weirder, mouth brushing a dear friend’s in odd nightmares and passionate emotions.