untitled #23

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

Minho keeps reading from his handwritten notebook, looking more flustered the longer he goes on, but he hides most of it with a wide smile and badly timed laughter.

Jinki reads through Minho himself, seeing the behavior first-hand. With a sigh and a whine, he complains. “Minho-ya… This is too much. I’m not even like that.” He lightly kicks at Minho sitting on his bed legs curled under him as he’s been reading.

"Hyung," Minho pauses his story, "It’s only or fun. A school project I had to do. I just used you as the lead, huh?"

Jinki shrugs and Minho continues his story. Jinki groans into a pillow, embarrassed for his friend who wrote something so sappy and over the top. It was like Jinki was now the hero in childhood fantasy books where the prince slays a dragon and saves a princess - only worse with Minho’s writing style.

Minho slaps playfully at Jinki’s back, “Listen, listen.”

Jinki does with a cringe. Minho’s reading eventually evens out, awkwardness fading enough for Jinki to peek out from behind his pillow. He blinks, watching Minho closely. The younger still smiles, though more sincerely, eyes nearly twinkling at his own work he’s reading. 

Jinki bites his lips, trying to stop his grin, but he fails. Lips twitch up into a wide smile while he watches Minho, somehow honestly flattered his friend would use him of all people in a story. 

Even if the writing is a bit sloppy and totally over the top, Jinki beams with silly pride. He relaxes into the storyline, eyes closing and thoughts wandering to his romantic hero character wooing the leading lady as if it were Minho as his other half. He will never confess to that though.

Once the story ends, Jinki pokes Minho with his foot again, whining. “Really, that was too much.”

Minho’s head drops with a wide grin, hand combing through his hair nervously. “Thanks for listening..”

Jinki smiles so big it hurts.