untitled #7

untitled*

 

onho; het; (unconventional proposal series); fluff

 

 

 

Eunsook sits back, brows raised and belly rubbed, just giving Minho the eyes. The look she would often when he just did things that made her question everything. Her feet shift over the floor, pretty dress and cardigan held tighter to a body she had only feared was getting fatter from lack of good dieting.

Minho heaves while still holding the small photo in his hands, shaky words out of his mouth without thought, “I think I’m gonna throw up..”

Eunsook shakes her head, not really offended when she knows the young man only means his nerves are getting the better of him. She’s sure in his place, given a photo of the ultrasound she recently had of a small being growing inside her, and laying it out on the table that she wants to marry him would be a lot to take in. And Eunsook would probably not just think she would to throw up but actually vomit all over him. This has turned into a not very romantic proposal, but it’s just as heartfelt as any other.

Eunsook scoops long hair from her face, flicking it over shoulders, and she takes Minho’s hands into hers, gaze serious as she continues. “Don’t think I want to get married just because of this- because it would look bad around here. I don’t care what other people think, you know.” She smiles. If Eunsook cared what other people thought she wouldn’t be with some younger guy when everyone said they weren’t compatible. “I love you, and I want you to be with me forever.” With a soft kiss to his hand, she adds, voice quivering with sincerity, also maybe pregnancy hormones getting her worked up. “Truly.”

Minho still looks bewildered, gaze fallen to the photo then back up to Eunsook’s smiling face.

Eunsook tries to sooth more, the young man’s anxiety sparking her own all over again. “I know it’s a lot to take in at once, but-”

Minho cuts Eunsook’s voice off with a sudden kiss, her soft cheeks squished between his palms, lips chapped and clumsy over hers. When he pulls back, Eunsook stares with wide eyes, mouth fallen open. Minho bites a crooked smile, tiny teeth barely visible as his head ducks just for a moment, mustering up his courage to look the woman back in the eyes with a new determination, one that says even if it sounds frightening right now he will give himself to Lee Eunsook as a husband and father, and in return take her hand also.

“I’m really happy,” is what Minho manages to say. He looks back to the photo, smile even wider. “I.. wow.”

“I know, huh?” Eunsook blinks back watery eyes, chest warm and fluttering, head leaning against Minho’s slender shoulder to look at the photo with him. She’s not sure she’s felt this type of happiness before. She wants to savor such powerful emotion.

Lee Eunsook, a mother to be, is excited to begin the next chapter of her life with Choi Minho and a little one, no matter what anyone says about them, because Eunsook will protect Minho from those people and he will her too.

“You still going to throw up?” Eunsook squeezes his hand in hers, grin sickeningly wide.

With a laugh, Minho drops his cheek to lean on Eunsook’s head, deep voice soft. “Yeah.. I might.”

Eunsook giggles cutely.

“We really made a baby.. wow..” Minho blows a hot breath, finally settling nerves and letting it all sink in.

Eunsook bites her lips, mouth zipped at any teasing she would usually use about their silly life, just because the moment is so sweet and she wants to remember it that way forever.