untitled #8

untitled*

 

onho; het; (unconventional proposal series); fluff

 

 

 

 

Eunsook peeks curiously at the bag sitting at Minho’s side. She sits across from him at dinner for two at a fancy restaurant, wondering why he is so dressed up and nervous. His obvious anxiety is the worst of it. She would laugh if she weren’t so worried about him.

In her purse is a small box holding an engagement ring, thinking this could be the opportunity to lay the question out there as obviously as possible. Eunsook wants to marry the guy, live together, have a family, sit around as oldies while reminiscing their youth together. Yes, all that stuff she wants. Also Eunsook feels she’s not getting any younger, and her little hints at wanting marriage with leaving baby trinkets around like baby bottles and binkies, little baby blankets, they all seemed to fall on deaf ears. Minho would tell her she has an odd love for her little dog getting him such things. Eunsook had to rethink her life choices and men.

They’ve been rethought, and despite Minho not getting those hints, she still wants the man. Whenever she observed the young around children, interacting naturally with them, her mommy clock would start ticking each time a small child smiled up at him and all Eunsook could think about was him as a great father. She needs this man.

So, with a small smile, Eunsook pulls the small box from her purse, laying it out on the table between the two. Minho looks surprised.

“Eh? I thought I was supposed to get the gift tonight.” He pouts a bit, obviously feeling up staged.

Eunsook giggles, head tilted to comb fingers through long hair. “Just open it, silly.”

Minho takes the small box, opening it with a gleeful grin. It quickly fades as he finds what’s in it.

Before any stupid questions can be asked, Eunsook speaks up, “I want to get married.” And to be clear, she adds, “To you, I want to marry you.”

Minho covers his mouth, wide eyes flicked between the older woman and a fancy little ring in a box for him. “I.. uh..”

“Say yes?” Eunsook grins, leaning forward with a hopeful gaze. She realizes in that moment how crushed she would be if Minho said no.

Minho places the box on the table, then fumbles to get his bag, quickly dumping the contents on the table, voice a little too loud. “I thought you wanted a kid!”

Eunsook blinks at a pair of what looks to be a one girl outfit and one boy outfit – the pinks and blues giving it away.

“I didn’t know which one we would have so I bought both..” Minho explains in a softer voice.

She still stares, brows furrowed, mouth chewed, and Minho lets out a loud breath, looking extremely relieved now, as if all that weird anxiety was off his shoulders now.

“I thought you wanted a baby and we weren’t even married and I..” Minho shakes his head, forehead falling to slap against a palm. “I’m so stupid.”

Eunsook slowly smiles, charmed all over again. She chews glossy lips, hands reaching to look through the cute outfits that showed the thought Minho had put into his search for each one. It must have been terrifying for him to think she possibly just wanted a baby out of him, but despite it he still hung in there with her.

Minho speaks in a near whisper, voice slightly shamed at himself. “I was ready to tell you that if that’s what you want, I was willing to try cause I love you.. a lot.”

“You are so.. adorable,” Eunsook says as a hand reaches for the ring, shoulders shrugged tightly with tingles of love. She reopens it, holding it out between them, “So.. is that a yes?” She still sounds pitifully hopeful.

Minho doesn’t even have time to comprehend that he’s missed the boat on proposing. He just smiles again, gin wide and crooked, eyes nearly sparking. He nods and Eunsook takes a moment to place the ring on his slender finger, pleased with herself for finding the right size.

Minho confirms with a simple word, “Yes.”

As Minho shows off the ring with wiggling fingers, looking really gorgeous in it if she says so herself, Eunsook comments, “Once we’re married we’ll crank out the babies.”

Minho pales like a fish out of water, much a reminder of when she took his ity in a quick and clumsy night together.

Still, Eunsook wants to marry this man, and of course have many babies and live happily ever after.