untitled #10

untitled*

 

onho; het; (unconventional proposal series); fluff

 

 

 


Slow clicks or the loudest noise when too many feet in the air, everything below looking like a colony of ants roaming free. Eunsook is nervous, but not for the drop that is soon to happen. No, she loves that part. Glossy lips are chewed, and she turns to find her boyfriend grinning, pumped for the drop and the rush it give him. They’re alike in that way. They’re alike in a lot of ways.

The roller coaster stops in its short pause at the top of the highest point. Now or never, Eunsook pushes herself, asking for something she wants more than anything ever in her life. “Will you marry me? Let’s get married, for real. Minho-ya..” all the sincerity in the world flowed with her gentle voice, the tip of the world so silent her voice is easily heard.

His smile is gone and eyes blink at her with confusion.

The roller coaster suddenly drops, sickly fast, and Minho screams like a scared dying anime the whole way down, which is odd when he’s an adrenaline junkie who isn’t so afraid of these sorts of things. Eunsook hollers, happily though, smile wide and arms held above her head, just as much of an adrenaline junkie as her boyfriend.

The coaster ride meets its end, slowly taking the tracks to a stop. Minho stares blankly the entire time, hair a mess, body frozen. Eunsook combs fingers through her bangs with giggles, heart beating fast and she’s not sure if it’s all for the ride or if some is for her anxiety over a proposal at the top of a roller coaster.

At the jerking stop, Eunsook looks to Minho, eyes widening to find him in such a sate when he’s usually thumbs up and grinning excitedly at the end of a ride. “You.. going to throw up?”

“..I might..” is Minho’s slow reply.

“Hm..” she still smiles, hand reaching to rest over his. “You going to be okay?”

Minho slowly turns his small head in its mess of hair towards Eunsook, expression giving the woman a gasping fright. The young man, looking crazed with a pale face and eyes bulging, mumbles “Yes..”

“Uh..” Eunsook blinks. “Yes you’ll be okay or..” she gives a short pause in thought, “Yes you will marry me?”

Minho chapped lips, finally a bit of color coming back to his soft features. “Both.”

Before Eunsook can have a proper reaction, the two are forced from the roller coaster and left fighting through crowds. Minho grabs Eunsook’s hand, reaching behind him in a firm grip, and with a quick glance over his shoulder, the young man is smiling, crooked and goofy just how Eunsook likes it. She follows, hand in hand, with a genuine smile. Legs are jelly and threaten to buckle and it’s not cause of the roller coaster either.