nuggets

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

“Sh sh sh..” Minho adds another “Shh,” as Jinki, more sober of the two, tries to take the cellphone from Minho’s grip. Long arms keep it just out of reach and Minho looks to Jinki with narrowed eyes as the call rings, wobbly finger at his lips to hush the older still.

Jinki sits back and takes a sip of his drink, going to at least get good and buzzed if he has to sit through this. He slowly eats his last nugget as Minho begins to speak to the fast food joint, complaining that a nugget is missing from his order.

When Jinki had told Minho, he was joking around about being upset there was one missing. Sure it , but that’s life dealing with fast food some days. Minho though, not holding his alcohol as well as Jinki, took it all to heart, looking upset on behalf of Jinki.

“Hi yeah, I’m misshing a nugget from my order- yeah juss- just one.”

The older had just wanted to chill with a few drinks and junk food for a change - hamburgers and nuggets to be exact.

Jinki watches Minho speak in drunk slurs, lisp so heavy he’s not sure how Minho’s deep voice could be understood over the line.

“I want to speak to someone in charge.” With a moment of silence, Minho turns back to Jinki, giving a thumbs up with droopy eyes.

Jinki thumbs up back, tipping his drink down, grinning at how much of a lightweight the younger is to heavier alcohol.

Once Minho begins yelling on the phone incoherently, veins bulging, accusing the place of things accruing in his personal life that has nothing to do with the restaurant – like getting a bad grade in a college class, stubbing his toe that still hurts, Jinki forcefully yanks to the cell away, apologies to the employee and hangs up.

Minho takes a long time to answer, “They won’t give me the nugget, hyung.. I’m so sorry.”

“That’s okay, I had enough.” Jinki assures, smile wide.

“I didn’t let you down?” Minho asks, big eyes pitifully glazed over with drink, lips pouting.

“Nah, course not. You’re my friend.” Jinki nods and burps, tongue the flavor of nuggets off puffy lips.

Minho reaches to take another drink, but Jinki yanks it away too. “Ah-ah, you’ve had enough to drink tonight.”

“Hyung..” Minho whines.

Jinki doesn’t give in, so Minho nestles his small head in Jinki’s lap, eye closing while the older still eats other snacks and drinks contently as he enjoys his night.