crossing

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

Minho nearly sighs while propping Jinki back up, helping the older out after clumsily tripping off the public bus they had just gotten out of at their stop. Lucky for Jinki, Minho went first and therefore broke his fall and stopped him from faceplanting into the sidewalk painfully. 

“You okay? Really?” Minho asks, just covering his bases as usual. He looks concerned with big eyes examining the older thoroughly. 

Jinki nods while dusting himself off. “I’m great. That was.. unexpected.” The older smiles wide at his own lame joke. He’s clumsily so these things are usually expected by anyone who knows him.

Minho shakes his head and begins walking, Jinki quickly following behind him. It’s a matter of minutes before Jinki ends up walking the lead due to Minho’s steps slowly on the crowdless streets. He finally stops and rubs his hands together in a nervous manner, calling to Jinki. “Hyung, I’m going to.. Yes let’s go this way.” He points down another street.

Jinki blinks and looks very confused. Sure there’s a little construction going on ahead, but there was also a clear path for the pedestrians to follow too. Honestly, if they go the way Minho wants, it will only take them twice as long to get to their destination.

“No, we’re going this way.” Jinki nods his head towards the right way. 

“But..”

Jinki doesn’t understand Minho’s sudden anxious behavior. Not until he actually looks around again, paying close mind. The path for the pedestrians to cross through the work-zone happens to also be a manhole with the cover off once section that’s tied off for safety. Jinki rubs his face in a laugh. He turns back to find Minho obviously sulking now. Why the younger still had an irrational fear of manholes, Jinki certainly couldn’t fathom.

“Minho-ya…”

“Let’s just go this way,” Minho points the other direction again. 

Jinki won’t have any of that. He grabs Minho and pulls him forward as far as he can before the younger freezes up again in his steps. Jinki sighs and thinks a moment. He grins once he gets his best idea.

“What.. are you doing?” Minho asks, eyes widely looking down at Jinki knelt backwards in front of him.

“Get on, I’ll carry you across.” Jinki wiggles, wanting Minho to hurry. There’s silence before Jinki feels the weight of Minho climbing on him. Jinki also feels the hesitation in the action too. It’s a bit difficult to stand up again, but Jinki manages with a breathless grunt and walks slowly ahead while Minho mumbles behind him and the few people on the streets around them watch curiously.

“This is dumb.. this won’t work.. this..” As Jinki’s feet walk nosily over the covering of the manhole, Minho’s voice picks up as well as his fidgeting, straining the older’s tensed muscles. “This.. I’m going to die! They’re going to me in! Eat my soul!” Jinki chokes a bit as arms tighten around him and eyes stare at the scene they’re causing. “Hyung, don’t let them take me!” Minho whines like a baby. “Hyung, hyuuuung!”

Jinki wants to laugh so badly, but it’s not so easy with Minho squirming like a child and gasping at the dark hole beside them. Without even stumbling, Jinki makes it to the other side without any ‘monsters’ or such the soul from the younger. 

As Jinki releases Minho, trying to let the younger down, he’s still held onto tightly. It doesn’t take much to understand Minho doesn’t want to let go, not truly so. He forces himself none the less, stepping aside while clearing his throat and rubbing his neck sheepishly. 

“Yeah.. uh.. yeah..” Minho’s brows raise with a small, forced grin.

Jinki reaches for Minho’s red cheek, pinching it as he coos, “Minho-ya~ baby cute~.”

Minho suddenly stomps his foot and sulks, walking quickly ahead of Jinki without a word. 

Jinki smiles wide and slowly follows along, ever so pleased with himself and his heroic deed.